PDA

View Full Version : The birth of Embryonic Depravity

Cognitive Defeat
02-08-2007, 06:57 PM
So as some of you may know... Odium Incarnate is no more. We've changed our name along with our style to something more fitting with the kind of music we want hear more of... http://www.myspace.com/embryonicdepravity
2 rough demo tracks are online here.

Surt
02-08-2007, 07:16 PM
you might want to change your signature then mate ;)

dude0160
02-08-2007, 09:26 PM
cool name, but its abit like Embryonic Devourment - the name that is not the music.

Rhino Grindethic
02-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Cool tunes!
Great sound for demo, especially the instruments (vox can do with somehow bringing forward in the mix).

What is happening to the UK these days??? Finally catching up on the brutality stakes!!

Surt
02-09-2007, 11:49 AM
vocals as good as they are, pretty great actually, sound a little smothered in places.... but good stuff.

nowhere near as straightforward slamming as i automatically expected it to be.

Dan_Nailed
02-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Fucking ace this dude, getting an Insision vibe from it in places which is no mean feat!

Excrementor
02-09-2007, 04:55 PM
This is proper good stuff Rob dude! I (DEP) dropped you a message on myspace - giz a shout back soon as you can please!

Cognitive Defeat
02-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Cheers guys... the thing with the vocals being a bit muffled in places was the typical situation of stuff sounding awesome really loud on the studios expensive speakers... when you get home and listen on a normal system you notice some bits aren't quite right. It's only a rough demo anyway, an indication of what's to come.

Try listening PROPER loud!:biggrin:

Surt
02-09-2007, 07:25 PM
yeah, if Dan gets you a date in diese Nordland even if it's in scummy old Stoke, i'd be strongly inclined to pop along.

Cognitive Defeat
02-09-2007, 09:12 PM
cool name, but its abit like Embryonic Devourment - the name that is not the music.

lol yeah... we kinda realised that around the time the logo was being done. Oh well I've done some research and there's also Embryonic Death and Embryonic Disembowelment plus it's not like we ripped it off, we wanted to use Depravity but because that's been used a load of times we wanted something that went well with it, and that would fit with the bands sound.

Good band names are really hard to come by nowadays as almost EVERYTHING has been used before, so a lot of bands are beginning to resort to having similar names to others.

Anyway I got respect for Embryonic Devourment, I like their stuff and I hope they don't feel like we ripped them off or anything... I mean some band's exist with exactly the same name (ie Disgorge)

dude0160
02-10-2007, 12:03 AM
Yeah its cool tho i like it, and your music is pretty sick too. Keep it up dude!

Vordred
02-10-2007, 11:52 AM
sick man, new shit sounds much better!

vocals remind me of Human Mincer - love it like.

Brutalist
02-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Sounds fucking sick Rob, I'll be in touch mate!!!