PDA

View Full Version : another album update I found...

Dog years
05-28-2007, 01:06 PM
The Red Chord's upcoming new album "Prey For Eyes" will feature guest appearances from Nate Newton of Converge, John Davy of Job For A Cowboy and Mirai Kawashima of Sigh when it sees a release through Metal Blade on July 24th. Speaking on the title track, band frontman Guy Kozowyk had the following to say:
"Inspired by events where my brother, who is a prison guard, walks in on an inmate doing something ridiculous in his cell. The prisoner won't talk and gets into this dialogue via a notepad. After documenting that he can no longer talk because the devil removed his tongue, my brother checks the cons mouth with his flashlight. When he tells him that his tongue is definitely intact, the inmate replies with the cryptic message "Pray for Eyes."
In other news, the band will be performing across the U.S. this fall as part of the "Metal Blade 25th Anniversary Tour" with Cannibal Corpse and more. Additional info on that trek will be revealed in the coming weeks.

SylentEcho
05-28-2007, 04:28 PM
The Red Chord's upcoming new album "Prey For Eyes" will feature guest appearances from Nate Newton of Converge, John Davy of Job For A Cowboy and Mirai Kawashima of SighHOLYYYYYYY SHIT! wtf.....cant wait anymore for this album...damn!

GravesOfTheFathers
05-29-2007, 06:54 AM
I have a feeling Jonny Davy's vox might divide the fans a bit, heh...I'm excited though, I've always loved JFAC. Isn't Sigh a Japanese BM band? I've heard them before but don't remember what they sound like. And Converge is just ass-kickingly self-explanatory. The lyrical themes sound interesting, and as always, slightly cryptic... fuck yeah. Guy is definitely one of the best lyricists in metal, up there with Lord Worm and Gab from Ion Dissonance.

SylentEcho
05-29-2007, 10:55 AM
yeah , I cant wait to her Jonny on this new album and Guy is just always fantastic.

The Holocaust
05-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Weird that they have the dude from JFAC up here... I didn't even know they were close.

But having Nate on the record will destroy. :)