PDA

View Full Version : Guy's vocals

lickmyplate
10-14-2007, 11:19 AM
If you've heard the new album then you should know that Guy's got a new voice (that super low throat growl). So I wanted to know, if anyone knows, did he discovered it by himself or he went some kind of place?

meekismurder
10-14-2007, 03:07 PM
while he has no formal training, guy prepares for recording vocal takes by chewing sedimentary and igneous rocks.

also, gunface did some of the super lows you hear on the album.

lickmyplate
10-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Hehe, well if eating glass and razor blades makes my vocals like Guy's, then I'd eat 'em:biggrin:.

Yeah, Gunface's growlings are brutal in this album!:cool:

Z_E_R_O
10-15-2007, 04:35 PM
A ball of gum. accented with asphalt, glass, and insulation. That may do the trick.

GravesOfTheFathers
10-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Yeah, that's Gunface.

What I want to know is who did the high part on Clients (the track), and whether it can be replicated, because it's the sickest thing I've ever heard.

Z_E_R_O
10-16-2007, 04:44 PM
What I want to know is who did the high part on Clients (the track), and whether it can be replicated, because it's the sickest thing I've ever heard.

Yeah. I've seen posts with people thinking it was the guy from Pig Destroyer, but I'm not feeling that.

The Holocaust
10-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Isn't it Nate from Premonitions Of War/Through The Eyes Of The Dead? I might have the wrong song.

It's either him or Gunface.

P.S. That really deep growl during "Responsibles" fucking shreds. Just thought I'd toss that in there.

P.S.S. - Yo Keller, you dudes got any US plans for the new year set?

lickmyplate
10-17-2007, 09:15 AM
But I think Guy did this high part in "Clients". And to do that, he chewed somethin' else than sedimentary and igneous rocks:cool:.

Actually, I remember one live video, where he does that high part and it pretty much resembled. But now there's been a cleanup in YouTube and I can't find it.

meekismurder
10-17-2007, 09:50 AM
not sure about clients, but nate from converge did some guest vox on responsibles (and also tread on the necks of kings).

also there's a us tour in the works in january i believe. stay tuned for more info.

Z_E_R_O
10-17-2007, 10:13 AM
not sure about clients, but nate from converge did some guest vox on responsibles (and also tread on the necks of kings).

also there's a us tour in the works in january i believe. stay tuned for more info.
DAMN!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL9ihXiFAko

Gunface
10-20-2007, 01:23 AM
Nate Johnson (POW, TTEOTD) did the insane high part on Clients. As well as several other voices on 3 other songs.

GravesOfTheFathers
10-20-2007, 08:13 AM
DAMN!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL9ihXiFAko

*takes drill to cubicle and slices open fish on desk, then gives that weird Ron Livingston grin*

It does sound like Nate now that I'm listening to it with that in mind. Man I love that dude's vocals. Second only to Guy methinks, and I'm not just brown-nosing.

ryan.
10-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Nate killed it in DWD.

The Holocaust
10-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Yeah, both Nates fucking own.

Hopefully there will be another Converge/The Red Chord tour sometime in the near future!

Seeing as you just going into the band, you're playing some major tours, man. Already going back overseas? You must be stoked as hell, haha.

Z_E_R_O
10-23-2007, 03:30 PM
With TTEOTD is Nate the new or old guy?

Or is this him?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HejVjzhKTY

Good day sirs.

GravesOfTheFathers
10-23-2007, 08:09 PM
New guy. Old was Anthony Gunnels. Nate was also in Deadwater Drowning, Premonitions of War, and some other bands.

Z_E_R_O
10-23-2007, 08:20 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Through_the_Eyes_of_the_Dead

You guys have to scroll down to the 'trivia' and read the snip about feet. Classic, nothing less.

GravesOfTheFathers
10-26-2007, 06:40 PM
hahahaha, awesome.

Z_E_R_O
10-29-2007, 06:43 PM
So I was showering the other day, and I got to looking at my feet..which did nothing for me, which led me to decide, no strangers will EVER see my feet. They'll just have to wack it to something else.