PDA

View Full Version : Brodequin

mrcarcass
08-26-2004, 04:42 PM
Does anyone like the band Brodequin .I just bought both of their cd's and wanted to know what everyone thought about them.

JohnnyJihad
08-26-2004, 06:25 PM
all i've heard are a select few songs that were on websites and they're pretty damn good if you ask me.

I especially liked the new one.

Depth of Misery
08-26-2004, 08:26 PM
I have been a Brodequin fan for quite some time.

shroudofimpurity
08-26-2004, 10:23 PM
When the drummer from Brodequin said this on the Roddy forum it really made me think twice:

"i'll tell you whats "gay" about necrophagist:

not enough blast
too much faggot guitar wankery
it's heavy metal....not DEATH METAL (heavy/power/prog metal is gay)
the dude thinks he chuck (he even uses the same guitar hahaha)
they pose on stage like a fucking glam band (guitar solo faces and rocking)
there music holds NO brutality...

...you can't pound people into the ground with single note, noodle-y riffs and guitar solos"

and then he threw this out:

"...I can't stand people that listen to stuff just because it's technical, tight, complex, talented, etc....usually bands that are "talented" can't write a song to save their lives because they're going "look what I can do"...\

...big deal you spend alot of time practicing. I don't care. I just want to hear something GOOD.

...necropahgist sound like a video game gone wrong....thats really not that brutal"

Man, this guy is really cocky...

I like the Brodequin's new "Prelude to Execution" demo stuff, but I'm not really into their earlier stuffs. Although, I wouldnt go around calling them fags just cause I dont like their music... I respect them, but they just arent my thing.

Luke
08-26-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by shroudofimpurity
When the drummer from Brodequin said this on the Roddy forum it really made me think twice:

not enough blast

...you can't pound people into the ground with single note, noodle-y riffs and guitar solos"

"...I can't stand people that listen to stuff just because it's technical, tight, complex, talented, etc....usually bands that are "talented" can't write a song to save their lives because they're going "look what I can do"...\

...big deal you spend alot of time practicing. I don't care. I just want to hear something GOOD.

...necropahgist sound like a video game gone wrong....thats really not that brutal"

I like the Brodequin's new "Prelude to Execution" demo stuff, but I'm not really into their earlier stuffs. Although, I wouldnt go around calling them fags just cause I dont like their music... I respect them, but they just arent my thing.

HAHAHAHAH. Brodequeen sure does suck, but god that's funny (and somewhat true).

shroudofimpurity
08-26-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Luke
HAHAHAHAH. Brodequeen sure does suck, but god that's funny (and somewhat true).

ha

Trauma
08-26-2004, 11:13 PM
i really hate their sound. How someone can record his guitar sound like that.
But they're fast as hell.

I worked in a french webzine, a few times ago, and wanted to make an interview..
They were ok but with my bunch of questions, i asked if they WANTED this guitar sound, or if it was a recoding incident..

I've never received the answers. So..

Depth of Misery
08-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Yeah their drummer is a fucking anal probe, he thinks he's like the best drummer in death metal, but who would know, he has like a 8 piece set and all he plays in the snare and bass drums. What a weeny. He's like Trey EatsEggToast from Morbid Angel with his cocky attitude.

AeonsPast
08-28-2004, 02:11 AM
I thought Velveeta was the cheesiest.

I stand corrected.

tamponsqueezer
08-29-2004, 07:41 AM
I've said it once before and I'm saying it again and again:
Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death,
rules! The intensity and power is unbelievable, at least for me. With that
CD in my player I'm running 5km in under 20 minutes.
I'm waiting for the new reccord. The MP3 sounds great!
Alright, let's a FESTIVAL OF fuckin' DEATH!!!!!!!!:D

shroudofimpurity
08-29-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by tamponsqueezer
I've said it once before and I'm saying it again and again:
Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death,
rules! The intensity and power is unbelievable, at least for me. With that
CD in my player I'm running 5km in under 20 minutes.
I'm waiting for the new reccord. The MP3 sounds great!
Alright, let's a FESTIVAL OF fuckin' DEATH!!!!!!!!:D

Whoa dude, do you like Festival of Death? hahaha!!! Personally I can take it or leave it. Although the new stuff sounds good.

Nihilist
08-29-2004, 07:54 AM
Which drummer was it that said that that? Chad Walls or Jon Engman?

shroudofimpurity
08-29-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Nihilist
Which drummer was it that said that that? Chad Walls or Jon Engman?

Engman...

Nihilist
08-29-2004, 08:20 AM
oh. loser. :\

SteeL_ToeD_DrunK
09-01-2004, 08:49 PM
Brodequin is great. they are fuckin heavy shit!

UnholyMember
09-01-2004, 10:11 PM
There is deffinetly some Popcorn in his Microwave!DOUBLE BUTTER,But it's cool man it's Pop Secret Bro.

SuperMario
09-01-2004, 10:49 PM
Jon Engman is an arrogant, cocky bastard. i couldnt believe those things i was reading back at the derek roddy forum... hes got an elitist attitude... there is just no room for that shit in death metal.... calling necrophagist "gay" .... ugh.....

anyway... i have never like brodequin. guitar sounds like pure crap, nothing interesting at all.. drums are non-stop blasting which is cool if youre competing at the wfd.... i need more variety and clarity.... the snare usually annoys the shit out of me... vocals too.... and the production just gets to me.... so, i cant think of one thing i like about it except the speed.... cause we are all speed freaks here..... but it has nothing else to offer in my opinion..... engman is a really fast drummer though and ill give that up to him....

Luke
09-01-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by UnholyMember
There is deffinetly some Popcorn in his Microwave!DOUBLE BUTTER,But it's cool man it's Pop Secret Bro.

Hahahahahahha. Man, now I got a new joke for my drummer tonight. I've basically given him Popcorn as his middle name and he has wanted to kill me ever since.

UnholyMember
09-02-2004, 08:26 AM
Luke,You still talkin' to your drum machine!LoL,Kidding'.This is new news to me man.Good luck with the human!They do take the popcorn joke a little personal though.Oh well ,that's why I don't play drums.

xenkronos
09-02-2004, 09:54 AM
Old stuff = http://www.smnnews.com/board/images/icons/icon14.gif

New stuff = http://www.smnnews.com/board/images/icons/icon13.gif

DeathMusick
09-02-2004, 03:07 PM

not enough blast

Wow... that's pretty ignorant to say something like that. I can't say I like Brodequin but I don't walk around calling them "gay." When did Death Metal become (exclusively) about blasting anyway...

ChaosDeathkult
09-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Yeah I called my old drummer for my old band Volatile a popcorn machine for feet as well, I think he took it a little personal as he was a way sensitive guy.
I don't get it, we all played fine at practice, but when it came to recording, they all sucked, and I did my tracks in one take, just fine.

And Engman is a retard, he's in a band that only relys on a loud repetetive snare, tippie toe/featherlight hitting double bass, and a horrendous hum for a guitar sound. I don't mind them when I'm in a grind mood, but to know that they walk around acting like that? I know far better musicians that would tear them apart. Which only makes me like them more or less depending on their attitudes, and it's the less one.

JohnnyJihad
09-05-2004, 01:19 AM
while his comments were indeed lame as hell.. when did the whole band act like this?

Its one guy, not all of brodequin. (unless I missed something)

ChaosDeathkult
09-05-2004, 06:44 AM
It's probably a personal thing, but one guy can make me not like a whole band. It's the way it is for me. Most likely they share similar opinions. But that's just me.

SteeL_ToeD_DrunK
09-05-2004, 08:04 AM
Oh yeah, they are the best most brutalist band in the world, just ask the drummer. MUST be why every metal head ever is just fucking clamouring for them. *cough*

Satanic Warmaster
09-05-2004, 03:15 PM
Brodequin is fucking brutal, Unmatched Brutality all together is fucking awesome!!! GO LISTEN TO GUTTURAL SECRETE!!!!DOWNLOAD HERE!! (http://www.unmatchedbrutality.com/playlists/gutturalsecretebroadband.m3u)

Reincremation
09-05-2004, 06:21 PM

not enough blast

And that's why I will never buy a Brodequin CD. Necrophagist is the best new band in the DM scene.

shroudofimpurity
09-05-2004, 09:31 PM
With all due respect, I do think the new Brodequin material sounds much better than the old stuff I've heard.

Hackgore
09-05-2004, 11:21 PM
haha but Jon is a great drummer and so brodequin...
I'm a big fan of them but I hate their sound!
ok, the are true!

Satanic Warmaster
09-06-2004, 04:48 AM
LISTEN TO GUTTURAL SECRETE!!

Luke
09-06-2004, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by UnholyMember
Luke,You still talkin' to your drum machine!LoL,Kidding'.This is new news to me man.Good luck with the human!They do take the popcorn joke a little personal though.Oh well ,that's why I don't play drums.

I crush him everyday with popcorn jokes. He knows its true so sometimes he'll either laugh or sometimes throw a fit. He takes it pretty fuckin swell though, I'm beyond an asshole to him and it gets worse because I crack the jokes more when other people are around lol.

JohnnyJihad
09-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Satanic Warmaster
LISTEN TO GUTTURAL SECRETE!!

just got "artistic creation.." in the mail a couple days ago.Very nice.

Asmodeus666
09-06-2004, 11:40 PM
as far as i'm concerned brodequin is one of those bands that appeal to the wigger rapcore Devourment crowd... last time i heard their shit it sounded like some punk rock or somethin... bunch of ass

schmoo
09-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Brodequin suck. Very boring.

Guttural Secrete, Inveracity (horrible bass sound) and Liturgy rule.

JohnnyJihad
09-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Asmodeus666
as far as i'm concerned brodequin is one of those bands that appeal to the wigger rapcore Devourment crowd... last time i heard their shit it sounded like some punk rock or somethin... bunch of ass

?

Fisticunt
09-13-2004, 09:46 PM
Brodequin is very boring

JohnnyJihad
09-14-2004, 02:53 AM
not really.

Depending on how you look at it, nearly every br000dLE band is 'boring'.

schmoo
09-14-2004, 03:03 PM
No.

JohnnyJihad
09-14-2004, 10:41 PM
... yes :p

Personally, I don't find brodequin boring at all, what is interesting and what isn't is determined by taste for the most part.

If they wouldn't use that some poor as fuck guitar sound they'd really sound much, much better. I can't figure out why someone would actually want to have that tone, but whatever.

ChAAPY
11-03-2004, 08:53 PM
I'll tell you what's worse then the guitar sound, jamie's vocals on the recordings. it's like one long belch. BBBBBUUUUUURRRRPPPP

BreedingtheSpawn
11-04-2004, 10:17 AM
Brodequin is alright but i just can't tolerate there fucking guitar sound something needs to be done about that and what does Engman know? i hate shit like that when members from bands go around acting like they are the best.

JohnnyJihad
11-05-2004, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Asmodeus666

I still don't fucking get this.

Wiggers listen to Devourment and brodequin?

Innards-Decay
11-05-2004, 03:03 AM
me either, wiggers listen to rap, but some rap is ok, specifically the kind that is really gory, like Brotha Lynch Hung, and Necro. Say what you will, i dont give a fuck.

Hideous Infirmity
11-05-2004, 09:32 PM
Of course, Iīm a big DEATH fan, and I know much about all that old school stuff too (I really dig that stuff and appreciate their great work for the scene, for example I donīt like VENOM but I know that they started a lot and without them there propably would be no DeathMetal).
BUT
I think bands like BRODEQUIN and DEVOURMENT are too often laughed about, where nothing is funny. I think itīs a DEVELOPMENT of what Death Metal once was and I really think itīs the fucking right way. Those guys go away from that Heavy Metal stuff with solos like "look guys what Iīm able to do!!!" all that stupid poser shit.
And at the same time their music is written in an unbelievable intelligent way. One band you can add is DISGORGE!

I just donīt like if people say those bands are "boring" or "primitive", because itīs the opposite, whatīs the case, if you listen to it VERY carefully!

xenkronos
11-10-2004, 05:56 AM
i was doing some snooping around unmatched brutality's site and came upon this

http://www.unmatchedbrutality.com/mp3/gridironbroadband.mp3

another track off methods

i like it...too bad for the scream near the end of it...

JohnnyJihad
11-10-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Luke
I love Devourment but I would not throw their name anywhere near the hat of ''trOO death metal''. They are basically 95% slam/chug riffs and maybe occasional speedpicking/grinds and power chord slides and shit. \

Then they're just the most brutal deathcore bands out there.

I'll keep on calling them death metal for the sake of simplicity. Most people think of melody and mtv2 tours when they hear 'deathcore'.

Innards-Decay
11-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Speaking of MTV, anyone seen the lame-fest thats called battle for ozzfest? It makes me wish i wasnt a metalhead sometimes.

schmoo
11-12-2004, 05:26 PM
I find Brodequin to be brutally boring. (hoho) Ive heard Festival of Death and nothing in there was entertaining. I dont mind Devourment either, but they definitely arent my fave. Ill stick to Liturgy instead.

Also, Guttural Secrete rules.

disgorgeyourguts
11-17-2004, 04:47 PM
brodequin.... they're a fuckin' great band. regardless of the production of their cd's. if you don't like them,then you don't. liturgy has a shit sound, but people seem to like them alot, i do. brodequin as well has a shit sound, but people don't like them. mmmmh... strange.

cheeses
11-18-2004, 11:09 PM
Hehe, I think he pretty much nailed Necrophagist, not really the nicest way of putting it but such is life.

nuyensbart
11-19-2004, 09:02 AM
in only know Brodequin from the four-way split with Aborted, Misery Index and Drowned, but I like their stuff on it!!

And as for the discussion about bands like Brodequin, Devourment and Disgorge? They all rule, and if people think they suck, thats their case, not mine. I listen to all kinds of extreme metal, but this brutal death metal is my favourite above all. And I damn support it hard too!!

Gods Puke
11-19-2004, 01:23 PM
I'm a big fan of Brodequin. Favorite album would be Instruments Of Torture. Festival Of Death is rather boring and the production is shitty. Prelude To Execution is also a killer one!
Favorite song would be Virgin Of Nuremberg or Spinning In Agony.

JohnnyJihad
11-20-2004, 04:01 AM
I've literally stopped listening to Festival of death and am yet to play through it completley because the production is so terrible. The guitars don't sound like guitars, and I really can't enjoy that. It's like putting a ton of work into writing KILLER material and then recording it as bad as you possibely can so that no one can hear the awesome shit you've written.

JohnnyJihad
11-20-2004, 04:01 AM
Opps. Double post.

Nihilist
11-20-2004, 04:23 AM
Just heard "Methods of Execution". Quite good. I've never been a big fan of Brodequin, so I don't think it is brilliant - but Jon's drummer is superb. Jamie still need more variation in his vocals, and the music is still ultra-repetitive.