SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   Augury (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   Tabs (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=196634)

Dexter_prog 11-23-2008 05:53 PM

Tabs

Hey. Sorry to bother again. I am making a (guitar-pro) tab for The Lair Of Purity and I am having problems with the tempo. Could it be that it goes like this:

Intro and right before the faster arpeggios before distortion: 152 bpm
Faster arpeggios: 170bpm
Distortion: 180bpm
Verse: begins at 180 and goes up to 185
Bridge (the arpegios with the legattos): 180

I know it sounds really weird but I have the feeling the tempo is going up and down.

If anyone is curious and has guitar-pro can check my tab so far here:

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=75785

pd: I know you play it on baritone and 6-string guitars tuned to B, but I will change it when I finish the tab.

Claude 11-23-2008 08:02 PM

according to my friend's (rather accurate I would think) tab your tempo markings are pretty close to spot on :)

EDIT: do you mind converting it to GP4 since my gp 5 hasn't been updated and I can't read your file! :(

I need to get back to work on that Alien Shores tab already...

Dexter_prog 11-23-2008 08:10 PM

Does your friend agree that the tempo goes faster during the first verse and not during the 2nd verse?

Here's the .gp4. I've completed it up to the chorus (damn, I love that chorus :D)

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=75785

Claude 11-23-2008 08:24 PM

I haven't spoken to him, but based on close listening it does seem like it. Maybe Pat can comment and tell us if Etienne used a click track on Concealed??

btw that's still a GP5 file XD

EDIT: Here's what I have done of Alien Shores so far for all those interested. You're welcome to add to it if you wish! :)

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=75765

Dexter_prog 11-23-2008 09:28 PM

Sorry, I uploaded the wrong file, ahha. I fixed the links now.

pd: I like your tab, it sounds good!

The Grimmel Praug 11-29-2008 01:32 PM

Those are good tabs. I am glad to see some Augury tabs. If only the bass were easier to hear, and I had a 6-string,

Blootaka 01-25-2009 01:11 PM

When I download those files, they show up as 0 byte files.

Any chance you could put them on another site, or email em to me or something?

Dexter_prog 01-26-2009 10:15 AM

Well I am making some changes to the tab because I have a 7-string guitar and not a 6-string gutiar tuned in B, so I have to change some things in the tab. When I do that I will post it on another site.

fragmentaryEvidence 01-27-2009 07:48 AM

If you guys needs some help, I have a tab that their manager sent to me, seems fucking close.

Dexter_prog 01-27-2009 12:53 PM

A tab for The Lair Of Purity? Sure, send it to me

fragmentaryEvidence 01-27-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexter_prog (Post 3108263)

I have email-it to you, give me your feedback. there will be some tempo modifications i think eheh

fragmentaryEvidence 01-27-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexter_prog (Post 3108263)

Fucking hotmail says the sending of message failed, so there's the link;http://uploading.com/files/M8MAL47E/...urity.gp4.html

There is a couples bars missing, but I think there's an updated version so you have to just ask them on myspace ...

Give me feedback!

Merfolk 01-28-2009 09:00 AM

Hello

Actualy, we never used click tracks, much to the chagrin of our soundmen ; Etienne would have gladly followed one, but these are complex to program and songs were modified on last minute...

I lack time to do the tabs (I am a high school teacher and have a custom guitar shop among many other things) and I couldn't open your files. However, I consider it quite an honor that people from a far put such work to learn and write down songs I wrote. It's been a long way for me. I started playing guitar in high school (that is 1981 folks!!!) and since then I had to dodge so many attempts to steer me out of music, constantly being told that nobody would have any interest in it and that I myself would loose interest in it before I graduate! It's been 25 years since I first walked onstage with a guitar. I think I am realy patient :)

Dexter_prog 01-28-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fragmentaryEvidence (Post 3108805)
Fucking hotmail says the sending of message failed, so there's the link;http://uploading.com/files/M8MAL47E/...urity.gp4.html

There is a couples bars missing, but I think there's an updated version so you have to just ask them on myspace ...

Give me feedback!

It has some mistakes, but it will help me on my tab!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Merfolk (Post 3109519)
Hello

Actualy, we never used click tracks, much to the chagrin of our soundmen ; Etienne would have gladly followed one, but these are complex to program and songs were modified on last minute...

I lack time to do the tabs (I am a high school teacher and have a custom guitar shop among many other things) and I couldn't open your files. However, I consider it quite an honor that people from a far put such work to learn and write down songs I wrote. It's been a long way for me. I started playing guitar in high school (that is 1981 folks!!!) and since then I had to dodge so many attempts to steer me out of music, constantly being told that nobody would have any interest in it and that I myself would loose interest in it before I graduate! It's been 25 years since I first walked onstage with a guitar. I think I am realy patient :)

Nice to hear that, man. I wonder who the fuck will tell someone in Canada that they can't make good music, haha, but whatever, I am glad you gave a shit about those comments! Keep up the good work

When I finish my tab I will post it also in .jpeg formats so you can give it a look if you want to

fragmentaryEvidence 01-31-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexter_prog (Post 3109580)

Nice to hear that, man. I wonder who the fuck will tell someone in Canada that they can't make good music, haha, but whatever, I am glad you gave a shit about those comments! Keep up the good work

When I finish my tab I will post it also in .jpeg formats so you can give it a look if you want to

Eheh, i'm living where pat grown up and I can tell you the metal scene kinda sucks

fragmentaryEvidence 01-31-2009 12:10 PM

Hey Pat, i've read in the booklet of Concealed the special thanks, and I have seen Sebastien Caza written. And he's my teacher! So I was wondering how are you guys related ?

Claude 02-01-2009 01:14 AM

,etal Scene in Montreal sucks? You should see elsewhere... the metal scene is AWESOME in Montreal. Unless you're referring to a more specific location?

fragmentaryEvidence 02-01-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown Doodl3.2 (Post 3113918)
,etal Scene in Montreal sucks? You should see elsewhere... the metal scene is AWESOME in Montreal. Unless you're referring to a more specific location?

I'm living in the west suburbs of Montreal, I'm unable to insult my country lol! Yeah I was refering to the place where Pat lived; Vaudreuil-Soulanges. It includes Valleyfiled, St-Lazarre, Vaudreuil-Dorion, Pincourt, Ile-Perrot, Notre-Dame de L'Île-Perrot, etc. Anyway, there's former members of BTM in St-Laz, Steph Paré (from Disconcert music and ex-Quo Vadis) and Bart Frydrychowicz lives out there now ... There's something like 3 metal shows per year, don't know what happenned with the promoter. Anyway, I can understand what Pat felt, people have so much prejudices on metalheads.

But since anyway cares i'll end up that way

Merfolk 02-02-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fragmentaryEvidence (Post 3113268)
Hey Pat, i've read in the booklet of Concealed the special thanks, and I have seen Sebastien Caza written. And he's my teacher! So I was wondering how are you guys related ?

I grew up in Valleyfield and could watch the regattas from my dock!

Sebast Caza was a good friend of mine in the 80's; we jammed rush and Maiden together, he is actually the first person I know to own a bass with 5 strings.
Even though he always been very friendly, he is indeed one of the first to tell that extreme metal would go unnoticed. Then, the pressure to go commercial was way worse. I gave it a try and quickly regretted :oddyel:

In that area, the city hall had shows interrupted because of a mosh pit. My old band Foreshadow has been banned from playing for two full years in my home town, room owners would receive a call the very day we announced the show! And it's the only area where I go denied a job because of my association with metal. I'm glad I moved out, the only thing I miss there is my fishing spot under Mgr Langlois bridge (Walleye, Bass and Muskie at 4 AM...HEE HAA!!!!!!!!)

fragmentaryEvidence 02-02-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merfolk (Post 3115164)
I grew up in Valleyfield and could watch the regattas from my dock!

Sebast Caza was a good friend of mine in the 80's; we jammed rush and Maiden together, he is actually the first person I know to own a bass with 5 strings.
Even though he always been very friendly, he is indeed one of the first to tell that extreme metal would go unnoticed. Then, the pressure to go commercial was way worse. I gave it a try and quickly regretted :oddyel:

In that area, the city hall had shows interrupted because of a mosh pit. My old band Foreshadow has been banned from playing for two full years in my home town, room owners would receive a call the very day we announced the show! And it's the only area where I go denied a job because of my association with metal. I'm glad I moved out, the only thing I miss there is my fishing spot under Mgr Langlois bridge (Walleye, Bass and Muskie at 4 AM...HEE HAA!!!!!!!!)

The regattas and city hall shows still rocks haha! I hope you'll make a show again in Ile Perrot, t'was so sick last time ... Anyway I don't know if you kept in touch with Sebast but he never stoped experimented with his basses since, I think, he has some extended range and had some fretless ones, did his cegep with piano, real studio geek, multitude projects ... Anyway it would be cool if you come to the shop someday !

Jesterhat 02-05-2009 05:29 PM

Ohhh I've always wanted to learn how to play this piece but I could never figure it out by ear... It reaches a level of "epic" that simply cannot be quantified with words... I haven't heard a song pull off the heavily distorted/palm muted rhythm tracks based around arpeggios so well... The acapella part is absolutely astonishing... (and then the solo!! there's a few bits where I don't have a clue how he transitions between notes -they just appear out of nowhere...)

I wonder where the band got the inspiration for this one...

As was pointed out, the old link is clearly dead... Any chance we could get a sneak peek at the final product a bit early? :) I doubt I can contribute much :(, but perhaps I can help with corrections?

Aldarius 04-06-2009 04:51 PM

Sorry to perform some necromancy on this topic, but i cant open the alien shores tab
Can someone share a working one please?

Thanks in advance :)

Claude 06-28-2009 09:46 PM

So I was working on a Skyless tab and was a full minute into it; but then I saw them live yesterday and noticed I was completely wrong. Damn, back to the drawing board I go! Although from the sound of Aetheral on their myspace, I'm pretty sure the new songs will be easier to tab given the mix!

Pat, a lot of times I hear duplet chords during some of your really fast, speed picked sections (usually in thirds). Do Matt and yourself split that chord and speed pick a single note or you just bludgeon through the entire chord?

Example, do you do this:

|--------------
|--------------
|--------------
|-2-2-2-2-2-2-
|-3-3-3-3-3-3-
|--------------

or this:

|--------------
|--------------
|--------------
|-2-2-2-2-2-2-
|--------------
|--------------

|--------------
|--------------
|--------------
|--------------
|-3-3-3-3-3-3-
|--------------

Merfolk 06-30-2009 06:32 PM

Pretty much both, depending on the speed. For various health reasons, when it comes to rhythm guitars, I am by far the lesser player in Augury, to the point I almost made the move to seek another guitarist and just sing. I have bone deformities and polyps in my ribcage and under the right shoulder blade that make me wanna jump in front of a train from times to times. At times, areas in my arms and hands hurt as well and this hindered my playing. Yet recently I felt a bit better and decided to keep with the dual job for another year or two. I am building myself a guitar that has a scale of only 24 " to ease my tendons...cross my fingers!
So I prefer to reserve my fast picking for single strings riffs most of the time! Renders me more efficient! :)

Litany21 07-02-2009 11:04 PM

Holy crap that's insane! From the live clips I've seen online, you can't tell of any pain or etc.

Well it certainly doesn't show in your guitar playing on record....and live in October :emot-chee :emot-chee :emot-chee

SirUnnar 07-20-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merfolk (Post 3109519)
Hello

Hi

I noticed you say you never used click tracks? Not even when recording the new album? Is this possible?

bobbilly 08-23-2009 04:55 PM

Is by any chance someone is tabing the new stuff

Basstard 08-29-2009 08:16 PM

I tabbed the bass for Simian Cattle. I'm not sure if it's 100% correct, but I think it's pretty close. Tell me if anyone is interest. I just don't know how to upload it.

bobbilly 08-30-2009 11:08 PM

I'm interested

SPC 08-31-2009 11:12 PM

www.sendspace.com

I wanna see it :)