SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   The Rotted (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   can we espect something again ? (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=137089)

wilkins 09-24-2006 10:35 PM

yeah, sorry dude, we've all been lying in the gutter drunk, or touching ourselves, or both!

New record is being written as we type, I just feel its a bit lame when people put news on blabbermouth saying, newsflash, we wrote another riff today, it was awsome and boadacious! You know! We have some plans, but we have to wait till things are concrete before announcements are made! Suffice to say, it will be a while, cause we're putting a lot into this one in terms or structure and production, and of course, getting completely arsehole drunk in the process!

Thanks for the interest though, where bouts in Holland are you???

Benny Goreskin 09-25-2006 04:52 AM

Dimmu Borgir have quit!!!!??? Fuck...

DAVE DEATH 09-25-2006 08:38 AM

DIMMU BORGIR? Quit? Hell yeah, they were fucking lame............

Mat_GorerottedAbuser 09-25-2006 09:10 AM

wasnt their vocalist jewish?

Cannibalistic_Horror 09-25-2006 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat_GorerottedAbuser
wasnt their vocalist jewish?

Explains why they changed their style to sell records to sexually frustrated teeny boppers who would haul over shit loads of money to see a picture of some gay bloke in a top hat.......

wilkins 09-25-2006 09:25 PM

That top hat ruled!

Benny Goreskin 09-26-2006 05:22 AM

I loved Dimmu. Except that old keyboard player. What a queen.

Jolly Roger 09-26-2006 08:28 AM

Jesus!
I hate it when people start bitching a band as soon as they get popular. Didn't it use to be every boys dream to be a proper fuckin' rockstar and play stadiums and that? Well, surprise, surprise... you have to be a commercial succes to be able to do so.

All your favourite bands are commercial successes...

As for my opinion on Dummy Burger; I love their bombastic sit. Really well thought through, on a commercial and on a creative level.
Shag(huh huh)rath is a smart bloke. He's so famous he has to hide his tattos when he is on a metalfestival, otherwise peoples would recognise him immediately and start sucking his grim and frostbitten cock 'en masse'.
Congrat s on them as on Cradle of Filth, when they were still top of da muthafuckin' bill.

Mat_GorerottedAbuser 09-26-2006 11:13 AM

word up roger thats deep shit

wilkins 09-26-2006 05:24 PM

If I was handsome I would be in a boy band, but I'm not, so I'm into metal!

Jolly Roger 09-27-2006 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilkins
If I was handsome I would be in a boy band, but I'm not, so I'm into metal!

Well there's an example of utter bullshit for you.
Wilson, you're a looker and you know it!

Cannibalistic_Horror 09-27-2006 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
Jesus!
I hate it when people start bitching a band as soon as they get popular. Didn't it use to be every boys dream to be a proper fuckin' rockstar and play stadiums and that? Well, surprise, surprise... you have to be a commercial succes to be able to do so.

As for my opinion on Dummy Burger; I love their bombastic sit. Really well thought through, on a commercial and on a creative level.
Shag(huh huh)rath is a smart bloke. He's so famous he has to hide his tattos when he is on a metalfestival, otherwise peoples would recognise him immediately and start sucking his grim and frostbitten cock 'en masse'.
Congrat s on them as on Cradle of Filth, when they were still top of da muthafuckin' bill.

First things first. I do not hate a band if they suddenly become popular, as long as it does not seem as if they sold out. If suddenly everybody started listening to Disgorge or Gorgasm and they were playing huge venues and were top of the charts, I would still like them, just as long as they kept the music brutal and good. However, if they started playing emo-acoustic-rap-techno to make as much money as possible, I would grow to resent them. Thus, I dislike Dummy Burger because personally their music went down in quality after Stormblast and it seemed as if there was a deliberate change to make it more radio friendly.

Jolly Roger 09-28-2006 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibalistic_Horror
emo-acoustic-rap-techno

That sounds just great!

But fair enough, I cn see where you're coming from.
Bands still chenge their sound every once in a while. Not entirely, but some changes can be made (Gorerotted is an example, as is Motorhead).
Just don't turn gay, and you're fine.

If I compare Enthrone Darkness Triumphant [1997] to Death Cult Armageddon [2003] they sound absolutely different, stil they're both well worth the listen.

As for Black Metal, I still prefer Emperor and the elder Immortal (Battles in the north is just so fucking hard. Black metal Motorhead.) over anything. Oh, and someone familiar with the band Kvist (For Kunsten Maa Vi Evig Vike - 1995). That's just awesome. And Dissection's Storm a the lights bane.... God, it's hard to top them records.

Sjoerd 09-28-2006 09:44 AM

We came from the mighty depths of Giethoorn back in '98, ready to spread some evilness around the area! Left on the ground is Jolly, right Sjoerd aka Lahar. The guy in the middle is Havoque, who lived on this ancient soil hehehe.

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/IronJack-2.jpg

Jolly Roger 09-28-2006 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjoerd
We came from the mighty depths of Giethoorn back in '98, ready to spread some evilness around the area! Left on the ground is Jolly, right Sjoerd aka Lahar. The guy in the middle is Havoque, who lived on this ancient soil hehehe.

God, we even look good covered in that shit.

I'll take the opportunity to post another one of them pics tonight.
Y'know, the one we're looking all grim and evil in front of Jasper's mom's closet of doom.
I remember handling that letteropener as a proper murderweapon. Poor Old Peoples.

I think the best part was us on our shit bikes, off to the woods to take the damn shots. We must have lokked like utter morons... which we still do, but now we don't have to go out of oru way and smear shit on our faces for it.

Sjoerd 09-28-2006 10:16 AM

Aye, now I remember again. We should have taken pictures with corpsepaint wearing on a bike! Hilarious! Curious too see more pics!

Now I'm heading of too a grimm concert @ Goudvishal, to see my corpsepaint wearing fellas! Evilllll.

Cheerio!

Jolly Roger 09-28-2006 12:05 PM

http://www.jolly-roger.nl/images/out_of_the_closet.jpg

God, look at us... Satan's got fuck all on us. We'd be more freightened by lambs and butterflies and happy children, smiling.

Cannibalistic_Horror 09-28-2006 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjoerd

Whoa.....Didn't see that coming. Ha ha ha! What was the name of thy band?

Jolly Roger 09-29-2006 02:04 AM

It must have been something like 'Pillowbiters from the North' or something.

Actually, we had plans to call it 'SOM', and we didn't actually play a single note! Still, we look terribly grim, right?

Cannibalistic_Horror 09-29-2006 02:25 AM

Quote:

It must have been something like 'Pillowbiters from the North' or something.

Actually, we had plans to call it 'SOM', and we didn't actually play a single note! Still, we look terribly grim, right?

In the words of Fenriz, you are the "tr00 face of evil!". Ha ha ha. Those pictures rule. Never expected thou to be in a black metal band. THen again, I do not know you at all. Never met you. :sad:

Jolly Roger 09-29-2006 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibalistic_Horror
In the words of Fenriz, you are the "tr00 face of evil!". Ha ha ha. Those pictures rule. Never expected thou to be in a black metal band. THen again, I do not know you at all. Never met you. :sad:

Well, everybody has a few skeletons in the closet, right?
Still do enjoy a fair amount of Black Metal.

DAVE DEATH 09-29-2006 11:54 AM

BLACK METAL IST KRIEG!

Cannibalistic_Horror 09-29-2006 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVE DEATH
BLACK METAL IST KRIEG!

NARGAROTH FTW!

Sjoerd 09-30-2006 07:07 AM

Aye Mick, SOM! Hehe. Indeed just words but no music at all. What a shame! (or not). These pictures are just one day before the Stonehenge festival I guess. Those axes look totally grimm!
Havoque and I supposed to play in Fluisterwoud for a couple of years, and released one cd with them. There's a new album coming up, check http://www.fluisterwoud.nl

Owyeah, and Nargaroth? Check this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_jqG6NlhPI

wilkins 10-01-2006 11:18 AM

Yeah, Nargaroth, I had sex with his bag in Portugal, then he acted hard, and Ben and Matt were gonna pound his little head in, and he ran away!

Nar-gay-roth!

But his bag was good!

Oh, and Mick, I once thought you were hot, now, I really am in love!

Whee of the Dead 10-01-2006 12:20 PM

Quote:

Jesus!

Being popular is one thing, changing and watering down your sound to achieve said popularity is another thing.

Jolly Roger 10-01-2006 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whee of the Dead
Being popular is one thing, changing and watering down your sound to achieve said popularity is another thing.

Bredda, I'd fucking do anything for cheap thrills and sad head!

wilkins 10-01-2006 07:58 PM

I love watering myself down, and believe me, popularity does not follow!

Mat_GorerottedAbuser 10-01-2006 08:05 PM

lol i love how this topic has nothin to do with said topic title

that pic reminds me of sermon of hypocrisy

BlakMedAAL IST Kvlt!!!!!

zweer 10-01-2006 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilkins
New record is being written as we type,

Damn you Wilkins, you are a true genius! Writing an album and typing at the same time.
It's like giving birth and getting impregnated at the same time. Not many men can do that :hbang32en