SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   Strong Intention (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   D.R.I. Tour Diary Part II (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=29112)

xfinalconflictx 10-05-2004 08:41 PM

D.R.I. Tour Diary Part II

The 2nd part of this tour, as far as shows go, was great !! Definitely the best shows of the whole tour. JAXX in Springfield,VA was much better than I thought. Decent crowd and even though it was "bands selling tickets" night, the show was cool. Jacksonville,NC was a weak point. A military town and it showed. Lots of meatheads and a pretty weak crowd.After the show was a very strange experience for us. A woman said we could crash w/ her and her daughter. Sounded cool, so we drove about 45 minutes to there place, which might as well have been in Siberia it was so far out of the way .So it was a property with 3 trailors. Our trailor was looted with guns, drugs and shit. Not to mention the dozen or so loose pit bulls ( that the woman breeds to fight, which is bullshit )so we broke out of there as it was pretty apparent that some pretty disturbed people lived there.Fayetteville,NC kicked ass. Jesters Pub treated us great , cant wait to go back. Got this one on videotape as well. Jacksonville,FL was another great show. The downside was there were over 2 dozen nazi/white power skins there. I dont know why this kind of nonsense is still tolerated @ shows. New Orleans was next, Ben from SOILENT/GOATWHORE set up this show and man was it hot. I love the Dixie Tavern though and the place was PACKED !! Great show. All 3 Texas shows were great, on every level. From the promoters, the food the crowds, VERBAL ABUSE playing one of the shows,got to stay @ Kurts house (which was cool) all of it .Texas definitely made the tour.Alb,NM was cool, Shadows Fall was in town that night so it definitely hurt our show but we played with good friends (ABANDON ALL HOPE) some heads from the east coast were there so it was definitely cool. Phoenix, the next day was killer. RAGING crowd, lots of stage dives, owner treated us cool. DRI did not make this show, so we headlined. They "broke down" (cough , cough ). LA was next, Dr. KNOW was on the bill. Dan from CREMATORIUM set up the show. Crowd was weak, even when DRI played it was lackluster. I was disappointed . Santa Ana was next at the Galaxy theater. We got there only to find out the club said we were not on the bill, could only play first (when there were 20 kids there). Since this was show 34 of the tour, and @ every show we played before DRI , playing first was not happening. The owner totally dissed us, we told him to fuck off and fuck his club and we rolled. We did not play !! Then DRI , who is using our gear, instead of paying us , decides to rent gear from the club instead of us !! Maybe they forgot it was US who they were on tour with and it was US who needed the money. WEAK !!
Bakersfield was a SMALL show, 30-40 kids maybe, but it was a kick ass show and we met some really cool people/ Petaluma, was 400 kids strong, but crowd wise only DRI got them jumping. Great stage and sound though.We stayed with the SIX WEEKS family, Jeff and Athena, so seeing them was great.Last show was in Medford,OR. We got there really late due to some really bad traffic. Called the club, let them know the situation,they were cool as it was only us and DRI on the bill and show was not starting to around 1030. This did not stop DRI from calling there agent and crying about us being late!! One show out of 36 we are running late and this is what you get , whatever !! We showed up, the gig was kick ass, hung out with Scott from Neurosis and had a great last show. Afterwards, we said our goodbyes to DRI , who like I said earlier ,99 % of the time were pretty cool dudes. It was definitely an honor to be able to tour with a band we grew up listening to and a band that inspired us .THRASH LIFE......NO DIE !!!