SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   Musician Central (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=274)
-   -   Fruityloops Tutorial I made (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=100278)

kid vengeance 12-20-2005 08:58 PM

*link removed*

Morbid1 12-20-2005 09:51 PM

Thank you so much Forbidden! :emot-woot

Miscreant 12-21-2005 01:27 AM

You are the fucking shit, thanks man!

Miscreant 12-21-2005 01:53 AM

Isent you a PM dude

ChAAPY 12-21-2005 03:10 AM

You seriously are the shit for taking the time to do that. Thanks again for the program and samples to bro. How long with this tutorial be up? I want to save it to my computer but I don't know how.

ChAAPY 12-21-2005 03:55 AM

Everyone should post some clips of what they make up when using this tutorial. I know I'm gonna post a full song when I get used to using it.

modern death 12-21-2005 04:09 AM

Funny how I was just thinking about opening up FL and learning how to use it, then I saw this thread. :P :weird:

Deviated 12-21-2005 04:37 AM

Thanks Forbidden, I just got F.L. 5 and this will help me big time! But where can I get good drum samples? Is D.K.F.H. the best?

F0RBIDDEN 12-21-2005 08:40 AM

*edit*

F0RBIDDEN 12-21-2005 08:42 AM

And ChAAPY, to save the webpage in Internet Explorer, just go File>Save As, and make sure the "type" drop down menu has "Web Page Complete" selected....I don't plan on taking it down at any point, but you might as well save it anyways.

F0RBIDDEN 12-21-2005 08:43 AM

Also, people are wondering if I am using a different sample for my "Blast Snare" then for my regular snare, I'm not, it's just the same sample in a different channel with the volume turned down a bit to sound more realistic, saves time instead of velocity mapping every blast.

kid vengeance 12-21-2005 09:45 AM

clever, were you on peyote when you thought of that?
do you smoke weed?

F0RBIDDEN 12-21-2005 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kid vengeance
clever, were you on peyote when you thought of that?
do you smoke weed?

Haha, nope I'm sober as a judge!

porphyria 12-21-2005 09:55 AM

this looks great, I started to learn fruity loops and I get how to setup the songs in the automation pallete, but I got discouraged when I couldn't figure out how to change tempo's as, some parts of songs are super super fast and I couldn't find any way to do it so I started looking for other programs, couldn't find anything that looked easy enough.

modern death 12-21-2005 12:13 PM

THHHHAAAAANNNKKKK YOOUUUUUU. :jerkoff1f

self mutilated 12-21-2005 02:43 PM

when i pick the samples and put them up i can't hear them.. do you know anything that i'm not doing

ElementGuitar 12-21-2005 03:36 PM

This program looks fifty times harder to program then the one I use. I have a question, is it possible to import midi sequences into Fruity Loops and use the wave files of my own one shots?

ElementGuitar 12-21-2005 03:39 PM

Good job on writing this shit out for everyone Adam. You probably cleared up ten hours worth of work for people struggling to figure out the program. Awesome.

ChAAPY 12-21-2005 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElementGuitar
Good job on writing this shit out for everyone Adam. You probably cleared up ten hours worth of work for people struggling to figure out the program. Awesome.

That's what I'm saying. So what are you using that's fifty times easier then Fruity Loops???

F0RBIDDEN 12-21-2005 06:46 PM

Hey Mason, I'm not sure if you can do that whole MIDI import and then switch to wav samples, but I discovered a feature today that I think just might make that possible, let me mess around a bit and I'll let you know! Yeah Fruityloops is a pain in the ass to get the hang of, but once you have it figured out, it is easy as hell, it's just a matter of getting used to the interface...I stumbled upon a way to use the Piano Roll of one sample in order to trigger the whole kit today, which is something I have been trying to figure out for fucking AGES so I am unbelievably stoked, since now I can program drums just like people do with MIDI sequencers, doing the whole song at once, but I am gonna play around for a bit first and make sure it is as awesome as I think it is before trying to teach everyone how, it's pretty complicated lol

Wakeness 12-21-2005 07:20 PM

Leave it up a little longer please. I haven't had a chance to save it on my computer at home. (Working too much!)

F0RBIDDEN 12-21-2005 07:25 PM

Mason, turns out you definitely can import MIDI files and use them to trigger wav samples, it is complicated as hell and you need to make sure all the drums in your MIDI file coincide with the right MIDI notes in the Fruityloops piano roll of course so it is a pain to set up, but you can do it! It is probably easier to just sequence it in Fruityloops from scratch, I have figured out how to use it exactly like a MIDI sequencer finally, which was always my dream lol, so now I am fucking good to go, Fruityloops rules. It is going to be way too hard to type a new tutorial section covering this piano roll note assignment crap so I am not going to bother, you can program without it just fine, it is just my personal preference not to have patterns at all and to program from start to finish in one window.

shroudofimpurity 12-21-2005 07:42 PM

damn, I cant believe so many people have such a hard time with FL. Its seems so straightforward right outta the box. Not saying I know everything about it. Well, I guess Adam is a big help for doing this though!

ElementGuitar 12-21-2005 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F0RBIDDEN
Mason, turns out you definitely can import MIDI files and use them to trigger wav samples, it is complicated as hell and you need to make sure all the drums in your MIDI file coincide with the right MIDI notes in the Fruityloops piano roll of course so it is a pain to set up, but you can do it! It is probably easier to just sequence it in Fruityloops from scratch, I have figured out how to use it exactly like a MIDI sequencer finally, which was always my dream lol, so now I am fucking good to go, Fruityloops rules. It is going to be way too hard to type a new tutorial section covering this piano roll note assignment crap so I am not going to bother, you can program without it just fine, it is just my personal preference not to have patterns at all and to program from start to finish in one window.

Fuck yeah, this is awesome news. I like my DM5 for some of the cymbal work, but I would like to create my own kit with the one-shot samples I have. Dood, the program I use to make the midi drums is so fucking easy to use. It use to take me a while, but I can usually write a song and program it, in about a hour or less.

intothebeyond 12-21-2005 11:08 PM

Thanks man Yeah sometimes fruityloops can drive yeah crazy its cool people just starting to use it will have something to go on know instead of just going straight at it. www.myspace.com-crossofthevulture I used fruity loops on everthing on this web page I know somethings a real drummer proble could not do but its my best try. Also things are kinda sloppy hear and there but orignal it was suposed to give the drummer a starting point on what I wanted But things just did not work out as plainedwit him. I figure might as well get something out. Its all so about a year or 2 old so take it how it is. Sorry for the spelling guys I have never been that good at it

intothebeyond 12-21-2005 11:10 PM

sorry this is the real link http://www.myspace.com/crossofthevulture

ChAAPY 12-22-2005 12:46 AM

How come your China cymbal isn't in the zipped files??? I need me one soooo bad, that cymbal is AWESOME. And is you "Bass Drop" that huge thunder effect that a lot of bands use before going into a breakdown? I love that effect.

Cloaca 12-22-2005 01:52 AM

Thanks heaps man. Thanks for the program too Adam!

F0RBIDDEN 12-22-2005 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChAAPY
How come your China cymbal isn't in the zipped files??? I need me one soooo bad, that cymbal is AWESOME. And is you "Bass Drop" that huge thunder effect that a lot of bands use before going into a breakdown? I love that effect.

Oops! I am uploading a new zip file that includes the china right now! Just redownload the same drumsamples.zip file and it'll be in there. And yeah the Bass Drop is the huge Devourment style "BOOM" noise, doesn't sound like it unless you have a good stereo or monitor system hooked up to yout PC though.

shroudofimpurity 12-22-2005 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F0RBIDDEN
Oops! I am uploading a new zip file that includes the china right now! Just redownload the same drumsamples.zip file and it'll be in there. And yeah the Bass Drop is the huge Devourment style "BOOM" noise, doesn't sound like it unless you have a good stereo or monitor system hooked up to yout PC though.

Hell yeah! Thanks for the samples dood!! Its always cool to have new ones to play around with!