SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   The Red Chord (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   The Next Record (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=190077)

GravesOfTheFathers 08-05-2008 04:07 PM

The Next Record
 
Discuss. I won't lie, I want the brutal-as-fuck parts from the first 2 albums back. Prey For Eyes is good if I'm in the mood for something with a little more melody, but I love Clients and Fused because they kick you in the balls for 40 minutes straight. I'm interested to hear what Keller will bring to the table though. You could hear Johnny's influence with the pinch harmonics and chromatic/diminished runs that were very prevalent on Clients, but notsomuch with PFE.

phish 08-05-2008 04:30 PM

i just loved how varied and shit clients was. It never let up. Each song had its own personality and was completely different structure wise and when it came to the riffs.

Hands down in my top 10 of favorite album

Z_E_R_O 08-05-2008 04:41 PM

I'd like to see a themed album.

Base it on an old play, these kids will shit over it.

GravesOfTheFathers 08-05-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z_E_R_O (Post 2888151)
I'd like to see a themed album.

Base it on an old play, these kids will shit over it.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

MUSICAL VERSION OF "OUR TOWN"?!!

Z_E_R_O 08-05-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GravesOfTheFathers (Post 2888635)
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

MUSICAL VERSION OF "OUR TOWN"?!!

That'd do.

phish 08-05-2008 10:21 PM

nah, cats

Flaming Chaos 08-06-2008 08:42 AM

nah man, a musical of dark knight

GravesOfTheFathers 08-06-2008 11:57 AM

just use clips of the Batvoice for the vocals

The Holocaust 08-06-2008 04:04 PM

Seriously, they should just get Bale to come in and do some vocal work. Shit would rule so hard!

Z_E_R_O 08-06-2008 04:48 PM

Guy can teach him how to eat hot asphalt and broken glass.
Get it even rougher.

They can call it Bats.
It'll be the Dark Knight crammed down the throat of Cats.
With a bonus disc based on Our Town, and a picture of Leia in the gold bikini.
This should please all, right?

http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/...ld_bikini.jpeg

The Holocaust 10-01-2008 08:54 AM

wut

Z_E_R_O 10-01-2008 08:55 AM

Free credit report.
Refinance your home.
Prescription drugs cheap.
Enhance your member.
Women will love your new, larger penis.
Free movie downloads.

Look, fucking robot, I can do it, too.

The Holocaust 10-01-2008 01:22 PM

Women already love my large penis.
















SYKE! It's tiny.

Z_E_R_O 10-01-2008 03:35 PM

Nice job sucking that spam out of here.

It leaves, a nice fresh air of confusion, mystery, wtf were they talking about?

Gunface 11-06-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GravesOfTheFathers (Post 2888087)
Discuss. I won't lie, I want the brutal-as-fuck parts from the first 2 albums back. Prey For Eyes is good if I'm in the mood for something with a little more melody, but I love Clients and Fused because they kick you in the balls for 40 minutes straight. I'm interested to hear what Keller will bring to the table though. You could hear Johnny's influence with the pinch harmonics and chromatic/diminished runs that were very prevalent on Clients, but notsomuch with PFE.


Jon wasn't on Clients. That influence you hear was Kevin our old guitar player. Jon didn't write anything for the band until Prey For Eyes.

Get ready for the new record's bossa nova sound! :emot-part

phish 11-06-2008 06:20 PM

will it have riffs?

GravesOfTheFathers 11-06-2008 06:27 PM

Bossa nova? Count me in. Sounds tasty.

Z_E_R_O 11-06-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunface (Post 3019016)

Get ready for the new record's bossa nova sound! :emot-part

This can be good, this can be bad. Bad is good, as is good, which isn't as bad, or is it not as good. Shit!

Still curious about this four man sound.

btw, thanks for checking up on us, Gunface! We've been behaving, all four of us. You can see it! Except this one guy, he wants rape really bad. Protect us.

Gunface 11-08-2008 01:48 PM

Well we never actually released a press statement that we were becoming a 4 piece. In fact, we didn't release any press statement concerning our lineup. But we've been considering it, we did the Hell On Earth tour as a 4 piece and it worked out really well. We're definitely writing and recording in this form.

phish 11-08-2008 04:32 PM

ok just let me know this, will there be a riff thats tremolo picked with blasts behind it, because if then i'm all in

Z_E_R_O 11-08-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunface (Post 3020862)
Well we never actually released a press statement that we were becoming a 4 piece. In fact, we didn't release any press statement concerning our lineup. But we've been considering it, we did the Hell On Earth tour as a 4 piece and it worked out really well. We're definitely writing and recording in this form.

Nice.

...and TRC skips the triangle AGAIN! Skeletonwithch? C'mon!
Do I really have to drive to ILM!?

Gunface 11-10-2008 01:44 PM

So far, yeah there are a few of those riffs.

The Holocaust 11-10-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z_E_R_O (Post 3021276)
Skeletonwithch?

lol

Z_E_R_O 11-10-2008 03:48 PM

Damn. I need to work on my tieping.

The Holocaust 11-10-2008 08:22 PM

:p

Z_E_R_O 11-22-2008 12:32 AM

I see no TRC in ILM.

NC takes it in the ass!
Yeah! If I don't get it no other fuckers do! He he!

tommydahl 02-18-2009 02:10 AM

Less complexity and more bad ass riffs.

dangerass 02-20-2009 09:26 AM

I think a combo of Fused Together and Prey For Eyes would be perfect.

They had some great idea's on PFE. I'd like to see them take some of the more progressive elements from that and mix it with the fucking chaos that is Fused Together In Revolving Doors.

Clients has grown on me over time, but the production on that album just bugs me. It makes The Red Chord sound like another deathcore band. With that said Dragon Wagon and Upper Decker slay. He Was Dead When I Got There was also a great ending track.

Z_E_R_O 02-20-2009 06:50 PM

So you want a Prey sounding album but with a turn back in production.
That could work!

GravesOfTheFathers 02-21-2009 03:54 AM

Well I know the band has gotten shit from morons who just want to hear Fused Together Redux...I won't go that far, but I do think that, while the melody on PFE was interesting, I'd like to see the brutality and speed of Clients come back. Fixation on Plastics is the epitome of what I love about TRC...more songs like that. But on the other hand, It Came From Over There is fucking sick. So, I guess a combination of old and new.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SMNnews.com: 2002 -