SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   Musician Central (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=274)
-   -   ENGL FIREBALL 100 E635 (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=203618)

bobbilly 06-13-2010 10:02 PM

I bought the Engl Fireball ''2'' 100W and it's serioulsly a killer amp I prefer its tone over the powerball 1 that one of my friend have

Claude 06-15-2010 01:29 AM

I didn't get to try the Fireball, but I did get to try the invader. It's a 4 channel head with 1 usable channel (the 2nd one) clean was ordinary, and the other two sounded processed to shit. The 6505 I tried right after sounded loads better and was a third of the price... I wasn't impressed... at all.

Willith 06-15-2010 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown Doodl3.2 (Post 3555526)
I didn't get to try the Fireball, but I did get to try the invader. It's a 4 channel head with 1 usable channel (the 2nd one) clean was ordinary, and the other two sounded processed to shit. The 6505 I tried right after sounded loads better and was a third of the price... I wasn't impressed... at all.

lol, the INVADER sounds PROCESSED. You must post on Harmony Central.

As someone who has played both (and owns an Invader/use to own a Savage) as well as a Powerball, I can tell you that you're a moron. The Invader is the most "organic" sounding/least compressed/processed sounding out of all the ENGLs. Bang up job, chap.

label thief 06-18-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willith (Post 3555600)
lol, the INVADER sounds PROCESSED. You must post on Harmony Central.

As someone who has played both (and owns an Invader/use to own a Savage) as well as a Powerball, I can tell you that you're a moron. The Invader is the most "organic" sounding/least compressed/processed sounding out of all the ENGLs. Bang up job, chap.

not too bright are you?

derp 06-18-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

banned

It........it's over........the healing can finally begin.......

Claude 08-06-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChAAPY (Post 3183914)
haha, so unnecessary.

Actually, it has more to do with headroom than actual volume increase. there's a 3db difference between 50 and 100 watts.

Quote:

The worst part is that I agree with you as far as the Invader goes IN REGARDS to other Engls. Guess that says a lot about those amps in General eh? Organic and Engl in the same sentence just doesn't work.

Powerballs just sound like ass, and Invaders are wildly overpriced. Deal with it.

INCINERATE 08-13-2010 10:03 PM

Wow, some amazing Engl hate in this thread. I have an Invader 100 and I think it sounds great - really nice tube tone and it doesn't sound processed at all to my ears.

I have heard that the Powerball sounds a tad bit like a solid state. But I say it still shits all over many of the amps out there.

novareaper 09-12-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orkestra (Post 3186162)
Marshall 4x12 V30's =D

no fucking way, what are your knobs set to?

Gostendorp 10-13-2010 03:01 AM

I swear I had seen a video of suffocation using the fireball 100 live, now I just have to find it, hahaha!

Acatalepsy 10-15-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown Doodl3.2 (Post 3591053)

Powerballs just sound like ass, and Invaders are wildly overpriced. Deal with it.

I disagree. I think the Invader offers a lot of features and has a good build quality, so it's only natural that it costs that much. Regarding what you said about Engls sounding processed, that's not necessarily a bad thing. In the right context, the high level of compression can be beneficial for DM riffing and the like in terms of giving palm muted notes a certain amount of 'body'. That being said, I don't like the powerballs or fireballs as they have serious problems cutting through in a band context, but I own a Savage SE and I'm very satisfied with it.