SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   Green Carnation (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   What song/songs would you want played at your funeral? (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=155017)

Eliane 03-28-2007 03:06 PM

What song/songs would you want played at your funeral?

I already let in my will that during the funeral my friends should play Agathodaimon-Body of Clay and during the burial they should play Porcupine Tree-Arriving Somewhere But Not Here.:emot-shak

Tell me about yours.

nickc 03-28-2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliane (Post 2292609)
I already let in my will that during the funeral my friends should play Agathodaimon-Body of Clay and during the burial they should play Porcupine Tree-Arriving Somewhere But Not Here.:emot-shak

Tell me about yours.

I have to say, this is a question I've never seen asked on any forum! :emot-LOL:

I've never even thought about this before... hmmm...

I like your second choice... "Did you ever imagine the last thing you'd hear as you're fading out was a song?". Very self-referencing!

For me, it'd have to have something by Alice In Chains, as they're a band that's touched my very soul with their pain and sincerity, and every song of theirs takes me back to being a silly 14-year-old kid with my life ahead of me. Probably "Down In A Hole" ... for more than just the obvious reference in the title. And something from Pearl Jam's Ten. Just 'cos it was a life-changing record.

NOCTIS 03-28-2007 05:16 PM

An AngelĀ“s Funeral - Agathodaimon
A Rose for the Dead - Theatre of Tragedy

NiF 03-28-2007 06:18 PM

Elend's entire "Winds Devouring Men" album... or some Dead Can Dance song like "Hymn to the Fallen" or "Dreams Made Flesh". And actually, this is something I've thought about before - believe it or not.

MadTinus 03-28-2007 06:25 PM

"Always Look On The Bride Side Of Life" - Eric Idle (Monty Python).

NiF 03-28-2007 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadTinus (Post 2293040)

That's brilliant!

Mariska 03-28-2007 09:34 PM

One of the songs would be of a Dutch singer named Marco Borsato, the song is called "Afscheid nemen bestaat niet" (There is no such thing as saying farewell). And maybe Within Temptation's "Our Farewell". Both very comforting songs for the ones you leave behind.

Blndsk4 03-29-2007 01:58 AM

I dunno, if it was a song I liked I'd probably go straight to Hell.

nickc 03-29-2007 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadTinus (Post 2293040)

Great choice!

Eliane 03-29-2007 09:04 AM

Hahaha.Nice choice.

Candlelight6 04-08-2007 02:17 PM

hmmm, quite an interesting question.
On my funeral procession, I'd love to have "Hallowed Be Thy Name" by none other than Iron Maiden.

During my wake, I I'd love Metallica's "To Live Is to Die". The acoustic intro and outro on that song is to die for.

and on my burial, I'd have Sarah Brightman/Andrea Bocceli's "Time to Say Goodbye"

doom_death 04-22-2007 10:53 AM

Well...Hypocrisy-Until the end,paled emty sphere,departure or something like that...then...few Katatonia songs...ah..too much of them...not easy question...green carnation-alone...ah, I quit :-D

Mariska 04-22-2007 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candlelight6 (Post 2304887)
hmmm, quite an interesting question.
On my funeral procession, I'd love to have "Hallowed Be Thy Name" by none other than Iron Maiden.

What do you think of the Cradle of Filth cover?

Blndsk4 04-23-2007 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mariska (Post 2325481)
What do you think of the Cradle of Filth cover?

Nice music, crappy vocals. :p

It doesn't have anything on the original, though. One of the best songs ever.

WhereDoEaglesDare? 04-23-2007 01:22 AM

hallowed be thy name - iron maiden (maybe live @ rock in rio)

or maybe bruce dickinson's tears of the dragon..

Forshmak 04-11-2020 11:42 AM

Re: What song/songs would you want played at your funeral?

Strange ideas have always visited my had, so finally I've decided to try a writing essays source to help myself in my studying process. Not really fair ( is that fair to die because of homework?) but very helpful. Damn good writers, real profi. Try Astronomy Assignment Help for example, in any way it is interesting to know.