SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   Enthroned (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   The End Of An Era ... (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=140437)

Iscariah 10-23-2006 04:20 AM

The End Of An Era ...
 
I was quite shocked when I read the news, but it's for the best, as nornagest stated.
But I have a couple of questions for nornagest:
What will Sabathan do now, without Enthroned? Is he still involved in any musicband?
Does the voice of the new vocalist sound similar to that of Sabathan?

Well it's a good thing that Enthroned will keep on making music...

AMSG

Nornagest 10-23-2006 08:20 AM

It was indeed for the best of the band!

Sabathan is involved into a power metal band now something like Gamma Ray, Stratovarius etc...

About the vocal style, it will be different of course but I advise you to judge by yourself when the time will come, Sabathan had a special voice and to be honest we do not wanna have a Sabathan II nor a copy for the future.
The style of enthroned will remain pure Black metal as stated before but in a more obscure way or to say the least we won't change style Enthroned will remain Enthroned.

I composed most of the music for the last decade and Sabathan wasn't involved that much into the writting process, so that point won't be any different.

necrayas 10-23-2006 10:37 AM

I didn't know Sabathan leaved Enthroned ! Damn thats a pity.

Fenrir 10-23-2006 11:48 AM

this shouldn't be looked at as an end but as a new dawn for Enthroned, can't wait for new material with a new vocalist :icon_twis the new guy is also gonna play bass? Also is he involved in other known bands? But I guess we wil get answers in due time

Vog 10-23-2006 11:54 AM

I was shocked when I read this thread. That really sucks :( . Sabathan has one of the best and unique voice... but since Nornagest write the music Enthroned will be still one of the best BM bands (I hope :D )

@Nornagest
Wouldn't it be much easier, if you do the vocals and just take a session bassist for gigs?

Nornagest 10-23-2006 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by necrayas
I didn't know Sabathan leaved Enthroned ! Damn thats a pity.

Sabathan didn't leave, he was "asked" to leave...
At the moment, we are just working on the new album, we just did one "rehearsal" with the new member.

Iscariah 10-23-2006 12:44 PM

Did Sabathan make any problems when you asked him to leave?
He's in a power metalband???!!!!!
And his satanic convictions, does he drop that or what?
Well, I hope the new guy has a pretty good black metalthroat.
Is the new guy known in the belgian black metalscene?

Cantabro 10-23-2006 04:08 PM

Such a sad news!!!

Well... Sabathan has "left", that's not sad, Sabathan has DIED as far as I concern!!!!, if he doesn't want to play black metal anymore, he is not the demon we all knew. I prefer to remember him as one of the best black metal vocalist I have never ever heard, and one of my "vocalist idol". But now he means nothing to me. Black Metal is everything to me and if he or whoever suddenly want to leave their satanic beliefs he is definitely DEATH.

Enthroned is pure satanic black metal, and if one of his members is not in this path, I completly agree with Nornaguest, he should leave!!!, listening to Enthroned like a speed metal band will be ten thousands times worst!!!

Time must go on, we are NOT weaks, I give to you Enthroned (a True Satanic Black Metal band) ALL my support!!!!!!

thanx for all your music from the darkest side of Spain!!!!

666

hellganth 10-23-2006 05:35 PM

I can't believe it!!!

It's a shame that Sabathan don't want be a part of Enthroned anymore.
But if that is the best solution for the good of the band? go!
I know too that Nornagest composed most of the music for Enthroned since TTSOS.
And that is amazing therefore you have all my support Nornagest.
I just hope that Enthroned never change their style of pure black metal.

Thank you for be honest with us Enthroned...

DARK USURPER 10-23-2006 10:00 PM

I guess Im not too suprised. I didnt really see this comming but things like this are boud to happen. In the aspect of music I trust the choices Nornagest has made and the comments he has provided sound promising for the future. Regardless of the situation I believe Enthroned will remian strong! However, I cant deny there is always the case of the singer who can "make or break" the band! Weve seen these examples all too many times before.

Enthroned has my support and I look foward to the new release. Sounds like things wont turn into a real delay or set back on the new album (like Mayhem for example) due to a simmilar situation. I see thiis in somewhat of a step into the right direction, I compare it to the changes in Marduk.

In addition I sure hope this guy knows the classics! Once the tours start picking up (*still waiting for the US) I'd like to hear pleanty of older material.

Hail Enthroned!

Udamt 10-23-2006 11:10 PM

That's too bad but i could see this coming. Keep up the good work Nornagest!

hellganth 10-24-2006 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellganth
I can't believe it!!!

It's a shame that Sabathan don't want be a part of Enthroned anymore.
But if that is the best solution for the good of the band? go!
I know too that Nornagest composed most of the music for Enthroned since TTSOS.
And that is amazing therefore you have all my support Nornagest.
I just hope that Enthroned never change their style of pure black metal.

Thank you for be honest with us Enthroned...

I remember when i was reading metal maniacs three years ago.
In the edition of July 2003 Sabathan says:I don't see Enthroned wimping out in the future as we've alwayas kicked out all members who started to wimp out.
I'll never stop my band -even if one day I must require an all new line up, I will do it but never stop my band.Of course, it's quite a strange feeling to see that I'm the only original member but Enthroned is my pride I kept this great band together 'cause Nornagest,who is the oldest(age-wise) member of the band,has alwayas helped me a lot and he's also devoted as much as i am. i think the lineup changes are a part of a band's life...

devil spell 10-24-2006 08:05 AM

:eek: I thought it was another rumor...

this is quite surprising, it will be bizarre to see enthroned live without Sabathan.
I can only wish that Nornagest will take over the vocals, I always thought his vocals on " Vortex of Confusion" and in Plague were killer!
Plus as I see, he is the driving force since 1997.

Or at least if they have a new member that his voice is as good!

Good luck! :devil:

Thyl 10-24-2006 08:49 AM

I think it's a good thing for Sab !! We need a new "kick-ass" power metal band in Hellgium !!! :hbang32en

J'espère au moins que les vocaux seront * la hauteur... Enthroned ne m'a jamais déçu. :cry:

necrayas 10-24-2006 02:19 PM

Power metal isn't my thing , never was never will be.

Marcelo 10-24-2006 06:08 PM

I agree with the guy who compared the ascension "Enthroned" will have, to the one Marduk have had when Legion was replaced by the great evil MORTUUS... I've had the opportunity to see Mortuus live here in Brazil and the guy really kicks ass...

Concerning about ENTHRONED, I know very well Sabbathan's voice, and, althought he is good singer, I am sure Nornagest has moved the right pieces, in the right moment...

see you again here in Brazil NORNAGEST
I hail the horns high to you...
Keep the great work!

DARK USURPER 10-24-2006 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcelo
I agree with the guy who compared the ascension "Enthroned" will have, to the one Marduk have had when Legion was replaced by the great evil MORTUUS... I've had the opportunity to see Mortuus live here in Brazil and the guy really kicks ass...

Yeah, I first took the news a little uneasy when Legion left the band. I was almost convinced Marduk was going down hill from there. Once Plague Angel came out it was quite refreshing to know they are playing stronger than ever! While some "Legion worshipers" may disagree, I feel Marduk has the strongest vocals now than ever before. Save for the terrible sound problems Mortuus kicks ass live! He made the older tracks sound much more intense!

So as we can see this is a great example of a band who is still (and perhaps more than ever) playing black metal! I hope to see the same success with Enthroned.

Morthvargr 10-26-2006 09:57 PM

Say it isn't so!!! Holy fuck! Now the ONLY ORIGINAL FOUNDING MEMBER remaining is gone, just like Cerunnos. Only this time, he's booted out, and not actually dead (thank Satan for that). It's also a shame he's lost his passion for black metal. Shame on you Frank. Yes, I found out it's his real name, so now that's he's playing power metal (for girls), I'm mentioning his real name.

I understand the reason behind maintaining the musical, ethical, and philisophical integrity of the band, but it sucks for me. You guys didn't get to tour Canada yet, and now I'll never get to meet Sabathan in person.

Since he's gone, is your new vocalist also going to take over bass guitar duties, because Sabathan also played bass, so you do need a new bass player. Just wondering.

Thanks Nornagest.

Nornagest 10-27-2006 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morthvargr
Say it isn't so!!! Holy fuck! Now the ONLY ORIGINAL FOUNDING MEMBER remaining is gone, just like Cerunnos. Only this time, he's booted out, and not actually dead (thank Satan for that). It's also a shame he's lost his passion for black metal. Shame on you Frank. Yes, I found out it's his real name, so now that's he's playing power metal (for girls), I'm mentioning his real name.

I understand the reason behind maintaining the musical, ethical, and philisophical integrity of the band, but it sucks for me. You guys didn't get to tour Canada yet, and now I'll never get to meet Sabathan in person.

Since he's gone, is your new vocalist also going to take over bass guitar duties, because Sabathan also played bass, so you do need a new bass player. Just wondering.

Thanks Nornagest.

What's the difference if the member is original or not?
If Sabathan would have been the main song writter or lyricist I would agree.
I'm just so fuckin pissed when I see statements saying that we should split up or change name and so on, why?? because the only remaining guy of the "Prophecies of Pagan fire" line up was asked to leave and
Concerning the new guy as I said; we will present him and give more details about the situation in the up comming month.

Just a little reminder: Enthroned has always been a three/four piece, we decided to kick him out for VERY good reasons, and we were not going to split Enthroned just for him, we have our passion and dedication filled at 2000 % and I sacrified and dedicated a huge part of my life for this band and our faith for the last eleven/ twelve years . We naturally decided that we wouldn't change the name nor split just to suit the mind confort of some people we don't even know.

I may add that this statement wasn't targeted to you in particular Morthvargr.

Iscariah 10-27-2006 02:20 PM

Well, it would kinda suck, if you would change your name, it's not because the last founding member leaves the band, that the band should split-up, or change the name. Just keep on doing what you did for the past eleven/twelve years, and that's the real spirit of enthroned, the real black metalspirit isn't gone by the fact that the last founding member was asked to leave the band.
Thanks for the reply on this thread nornagest

amsg

Marcelo 10-27-2006 04:52 PM

PHP Code:

YesI found out it's his real name, so now that's he's playing power metal (for girls), I'm mentioning his real name

What's the name he is playing??? and where were you able to find information about whatr Sabbathan is currently doing?

Morthvargr 10-30-2006 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nornagest
What's the difference if the member is original or not?
If Sabathan would have been the main song writter or lyricist I would agree.
I'm just so fuckin pissed when I see statements saying that we should split up or change name and so on, why?? because the only remaining guy of the "Prophecies of Pagan fire" line up was asked to leave and
Concerning the new guy as I said; we will present him and give more details about the situation in the up comming month.

Just a little reminder: Enthroned has always been a three/four piece, we decided to kick him out for VERY good reasons, and we were not going to split Enthroned just for him, we have our passion and dedication filled at 2000 % and I sacrified and dedicated a huge part of my life for this band and our faith for the last eleven/ twelve years . We naturally decided that we wouldn't change the name nor split just to suit the mind confort of some people we don't even know.

I may add that this statement wasn't targeted to you in particular Morthvargr.


I understand Nornagest. I didn't mean to act like a whiner, have hissy fit or be annoying. I just find it upsetting a little for me. That's all. You guys are just a REALLY BIG favourite black metal band of mine. I am greatful that you guys are still active and will still be performing with integrity. I hope you can understand what I mean. I appreicate it.

Dragoloth 11-01-2006 04:14 PM

DAMN ! Enthroned now must SPLIT UP !!!! Sabathan started this band (with C.) ,and Nornagest don't have rights to draw it,Enthroned not have rights to exist without his leader & founder Sabathan,i dont now why Frank go out,he have ALL RIGHTS to split up this band or continue,this is HIS band not Nornagest or alse members so change name or split up !!!!

enthroned 11-01-2006 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoloth
DAMN ! Enthroned now must SPLIT UP !!!! Sabathan started this band (with C.) ,and Nornagest don't have rights to draw it,Enthroned not have rights to exist without his leader & founder Sabathan,i dont now why Frank go out,he have ALL RIGHTS to split up this band or continue,this is HIS band not Nornagest or alse members so change name or split up !!!!

-__-

life is life, what do you want ?
me too i'm disapointed but it's their choice
we must accept this cause they will not change it

Dragoloth 11-02-2006 05:17 AM

Pfff.... whatever!

dehond 11-02-2006 08:08 AM

Fuck!! I love Sabathans vocals and now he's being "kicked" out. Well Enthroned you will never be the same again.But the music will be as great as it was before lbut I think the vocals won't.

Sphere 11-02-2006 08:12 AM

I think the same as most of us here.

Iscariah 11-02-2006 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoloth
DAMN ! Enthroned now must SPLIT UP !!!! Sabathan started this band (with C.) ,and Nornagest don't have rights to draw it,Enthroned not have rights to exist without his leader & founder Sabathan,i dont now why Frank go out,he have ALL RIGHTS to split up this band or continue,this is HIS band not Nornagest or alse members so change name or split up !!!!

Man, shut the fuck up!!! What do you know about this situation!! Nornagest and the rest of the band, made this decision in a private sphere. It's not because he's the only founding member left, that suddenly a band has to split-up or change the name! Maybe if Sabathan stayed, Enthroned would be totally fucked up, so that isn't for the best, isn't it? So it's good thing that Enthroned carries on to spread their music!! If you don't like 'em anymore, go fuck off dragoloth!! And also a band, is a GROUP of people who play and live together, so it's not the possession of one person!!

Man I'm pissed off!!!

necrayas 11-02-2006 01:10 PM

As Nornagest said he wrote most of the music the latest years so he was the main man behind the band. True it will be different with another vocalist but if there are no founding members anymore is no reason to split a band up!!

Nornagest 11-02-2006 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoloth
DAMN ! Enthroned now must SPLIT UP !!!! Sabathan started this band (with C.) ,and Nornagest don't have rights to draw it,Enthroned not have rights to exist without his leader & founder Sabathan,i dont now why Frank go out,he have ALL RIGHTS to split up this band or continue,this is HIS band not Nornagest or alse members so change name or split up !!!!


Ok, now mister "knowitall" comes across and think he knows everything, huh?
It's useless anyway to talk with people having such statements.
You were there?? you know what's going on?
NO! so just get a life!
It was the FOUNDER MEMBER'S wish as well to see Enthroned going on!
Thus, you have NOTHING to do with Enthroned at all, so of course we won't care about such statement as yours.
So I think Enthroned nor any other band doesn't belong to ONE individual unless it is a one man project, a band belongs to the persons who create something out of it and in this case the band we are talking about is made of four persons, if one or several person is a weight then he/they should leave, WHOEVER IT IS!!
This is perhaps hard to understand for some people, but that what we call a band mentality, there never was any leader in enthroned, we always were on an equal level but of course some people are just to narrow minded to understand.

Anyway, this is the last time I'm loosing my time to explain something that I actually shouldn't explain.
It's our band not yours so like it fine, you don't; then forget about us, period!

just a last remark in case you people forgot it :
Enthroned is our faith and our band, we do this for our own so this kind of remark or posts are useless because we will always do what WE want in OUR band not what YOU want, that's what we call integrity!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SMNnews.com: 2002 -