SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   Death Metal Discussion (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Good TV Shows? (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=215842)

GrindYourMind 02-24-2011 08:12 PM

Just started watching Two and A Half Men, it's hilarious.

So is How I Met Your Mother.

Naitz 02-24-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nun Stampede! (Post 3687733)
Not trying to be a dick, but you really need to rewatch the 3rd season. I just rewatched it, and a lot of that shit is left unsaid. There is some phenomenal acting in that show. Some characters aren't done as well as others, but Bryan Cranston is great in that show. Skyler is a cunt, and makes you hate her, which means she is doing a good job. The only real "bad acting" i can think of is maybe Skylers sister, and Hank at times, but Hank is good at other times. Their son is ACTUALLY handicapped. If that is your gripe, it is with the casting, not the acting.

The storyline clarifies like 100 times that the assistant is not capable of taking over the lab. I have no fucking clue where you got this. Up until their last cook, the assistant is asking technical questions about the process, and Walt even says that he is trying to be as vague as possible so that he can save himself some time. Either you are unobservant as fuck or surely you know how easy it is to 100% pure methamphetamine. Would you care to share your method? The plot is that the chicken headpin nigga wants to get the method from Walt before he kills him, but Walt is too smart and knows exactly what is going on. How do you even manage to miss this?

Also, way to spoil the entire season for everyone with dumb comments. I just had to respond because you're missing the entire point of the season and making it sound like it's the shows fault.

Wow you really want to bash me, do you?
Ok, so first of all I won't rewatch it, nor do I need to, I basically went through the whole show in two weeks. Secondly, the acting of Bryan Cranston is OK. But nothing more. It doesn't change AT ALL. He is always the rational guy without visible emotions, which doesn't correspond to the change in his characters personal life.
The mum is just plain bad, she has like two facial expressions, the kid is alright, but has many weak scenes (the ones where he is confronted with his fathers cancer e.g., he acts like he was an 8 year old boy that didn't get his christmas present). Aaron Paul (the "partner") is the most convincing character acting wise imo, I like the Lawyer very much too, but he has a one dimensional role so this doesn't say much.

Regarding the assistant: I got what the plot is aiming at, but I don't think it's presented in a coherent way. The assistant, who seems a more than capable chemist (why else would he even be employed) is asking questions, which seem very basic though, also he himself says in episode 12 that he'll only need one or two cooking sessions more. That is after he had maybe three.
So let's say five sessions where he is a mere bystander more or less. Don't you think that is very few input for an obviously gifted and versed chemist? To think it would make some crucial difference seems a little far fetched.

Also what is with Pinkman suddenly wanting to sell tiny amounts of the meth by himself, when he is aiming at millions of dollars with a contract? He is presented as an instable but regardless intelligent person, to think he'd do that just came off as absurd to me.

Regarding Spoiler: Are you fucking kidding me? We discuss content here all the time, if you don't want spoilers just stop if you read the name of the show, nobody forces you to read the posts.

Monsieur Lebeauxxx 02-24-2011 10:55 PM

cool story bro.

Skull Knight 02-25-2011 01:03 AM

I Used To Be Fat is cool. The new season of Top Gear is good, so far.

ShadowHunter 02-25-2011 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrindYourMind (Post 3687741)

wait until you get to the last 2 seasons. massive decline (i think i lol'd in the entire 6th season so far as much as i used to in a single episode before)

mnerobi15 02-25-2011 04:15 AM

Hi~
Those are both outstanding shows~have you seen Six Feet Under? That is amazing, starring Michael C. Hall and all 5 seasons are on DVD. Also if you like the HBO,SHO types of shows there are some more great ones~Entourage is fabulous as well as United States Of Tara and Nurse Jackie. The best show on basic cable is Burn Notice. That is also out on DVD, the new season just started Thursday~that is on USA network.

Naitz 02-25-2011 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowHunter (Post 3687960)
wait until you get to the last 2 seasons. massive decline (i think i lol'd in the entire 6th season so far as much as i used to in a single episode before)

Indeed. It started to went downhill earlier though, as soon as the idea of Marshall and Lily having a baby came up. I think it was somewhere in season 4.

modern death 02-28-2011 02:16 PM

Shameless is awesome.

Naitz 02-28-2011 03:29 PM

I'm guessing you're talking about the American one?
It seems the British original is better, but I only watched two eps of the latter.

Just watched last weeks house, fantastic episode.

P4nz3r 03-01-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ten_second_infinity (Post 3689397)
Shameless is awesome.

Szadou 03-01-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowHunter (Post 3687960)

What decline? It's probably the most consistently hilarious show on TV. Quit puckering your butthole so hard bra. :cool:

ShadowHunter 03-01-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Szadou (Post 3689964)
What decline? It's probably the most consistently hilarious show on TV. Quit puckering your butthole so hard bra. :cool:

last 2 seasons have been awful. especially the 6th. i think i lol'd once. show needs to reveal the mother and just die already

Szadou 03-01-2011 06:03 PM

Fuck that, I hope it's like 20 seasons longs just so yo Serbian ass gets puckered like whoa about it. :cool:

ShadowHunter 03-01-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Szadou (Post 3690012)
Fuck that, I hope it's like 20 seasons longs just so yo Serbian ass gets puckered like whoa about it. :cool:

i'll stop watching once this season is done so you can have your 200 seasons of retarded comedy, potatoman

Szadou 03-01-2011 08:26 PM

I bet your butthole is so puckered right now. :cool:

ShadowHunter 03-18-2011 06:51 AM

so, i've been watching Being Human (UK version) for the past couple of weeks.

season1: decent stuff. but the purely mythological traits of the creatures were annoying

season2: should've been renamed to "being boring". holy fuck every episode was a snoozefest

season3: holy shit. now it's in full derp mode. seriously, another rename is required: being herp-derp. and the 2 main women are so annoying they should be raped, strangled, crucified and disemboweled. not necessarily in that order. and they lifted a scene from Miracleman (an almost literal copy/paste) in the most horrible way. oh, and they cry and cry and cry and whine and cry and cry and cry and whine and whine and cry and cry. i guess "being human" for the creators of this show means "being a whining emo crybaby"

i seriously doubt the US version can be worse (except for the actors)

Szadou 03-18-2011 08:42 AM

ITT: Zlatko's butthole is puckered to it's limit. :cool:

ShadowHunter 03-18-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Szadou (Post 3697069)
ITT: i like shitty tv! you must, too! http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/images/smi...ged_potato.png potatoes! potatoes everywhere!

http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/images/smi...-emot-smug.gif

Szadou 03-18-2011 10:18 AM

http://www.nature.com/gimo/contents/.../gimo29-f4.jpg

Epidemic of Hate 03-18-2011 04:10 PM

Frasier, The X-Files, first 3 seasons of Boston Legal, Cheers, The Office, SOAP, Colbert Report

all I watch

ShadowHunter 03-18-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epidemic of Hate (Post 3697178)
first 3 seasons of Boston Legal

Danny Crane http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/images/smi...-emot-smug.gif

Epidemic of Hate 03-18-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowHunter (Post 3697179)

Must be the mad cow.

Monsieur Lebeauxxx 04-01-2011 04:01 PM

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3909/winrt.jpg

discombobulation 04-01-2011 04:53 PM

^ YES. excellent news, will give me summin else to watch over summer.

Monsieur Lebeauxxx 04-01-2011 05:05 PM

hopefully they pair it with this; summer heights high was amazing

EDIT: guess not. looks like they're pairing it with entourage instead :( oh well, at least it's the final season. fuck that show

_Hez_ 04-02-2011 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsieur Lebeaux (Post 3703271)
hopefully they pair it with this; summer heights high was amazing

That was filmed at my highschool.
First time I saw him walking around I was like "Wtf, who's this chick.... oh it's him."

SwedeMetal 04-06-2011 12:49 PM

Watching new Superjail!... rules.

Durpentine 04-06-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrindYourMind (Post 3687741)
Just started watching Two and A Half Men, it's hilarious.

Can you die in a fire?

ShadowHunter 04-08-2011 06:58 AM

can't. fucking. wait

disGUSt(tx) 04-08-2011 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedeMetal (Post 3705413)
Watching new Superjail!... rules.

Disappointed me but still pretty good. Any old season 1 episode shits all over it.