SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   Death Metal Discussion (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Good TV Shows? (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=215842)

Dizzy Alpaca Party 05-20-2020 02:38 PM

Re: Good TV Shows?

Quote:

Originally Posted by (((OdiumNostrum (Post 3938528)
S2 of The Shivering Truth has started recently, pure mindfuck, surprised that more people are not talking about it.

I gave up talking about Adult Swim stuff a while ago, as nobody usually has a clue what I'm talking about, and any attempts to explain it usually result in uncomfortable stares, lol.

That said, the new season is off to a fantastic start, Vernon hasn't lost his edge at all.

Still looking forward to new Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell, that's ended up being my favorite active series on there now that Heart She Holler is done.

Lichtbringer 05-22-2020 05:43 AM

Dead to Me - I remember getting some minor enjoyment out of season 1, but this was just infuriatingly stupid. Despite some funny moments, the tearjerking is off the charts, annoying and doesn’t hit home at all. The show constantly and annoyingly shoves its awareness of social injustices down the viewer’s throats, but seems to think it’s acceptable to just kill a man who was verbally abusive and wants us to sympathize with a main character that’s just flat out ugly inside and out (Applegate looks like a scarecrow).

(((OdiumNostrum 05-22-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzy Alpaca Party (Post 3938540)
I gave up talking about Adult Swim stuff a while ago, as nobody usually has a clue what I'm talking about, and any attempts to explain it usually result in uncomfortable stares, lol.

That said, the new season is off to a fantastic start, Vernon hasn't lost his edge at all.

Still looking forward to new Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell, that's ended up being my favorite active series on there now that Heart She Holler is done.

I am not that familiar with the Adult Swim scene, only with the big ones like The Eric Andre Show tbh. I saw the trailer for "Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell"
prior to your mention and it didn't do much for me, but "Heart She Holler" looks absolutely bonkers, so I will surely put it to my watchlist, cheers.

Dizzy Alpaca Party 05-22-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (((OdiumNostrum (Post 3938557)
I am not that familiar with the Adult Swim scene, only with the big ones like The Eric Andre Show tbh. I saw the trailer for "Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell"
prior to your mention and it didn't do much for me, but "Heart She Holler" looks absolutely bonkers, so I will surely put it to my watchlist, cheers.

IMO, The Heart, She Holler is the best thing Vernon Chatman has ever done. It's nuttier than a tree full of squirrels on laughing gas, downright disgusting at the best of times, disturbing at the worst, and fucking hilarious throughout.

Your pretty face is going to hell took me a little bit to get into. The first season left me mildly entertained but mostly nonplussed. Now that I've seen them all, it's easily in my top 5 for that network, it's funny as hell once you get a handle on the characters.

Also, if any of you are into Anime, check out Ballmasters. It's more of a parody of Anime tropes, but well written and the animation style is really cool. Also, if you don't like Anime, you should still watch it (I fucking hate anime lol), it's just funny in general.

ShadowHunter 05-22-2020 07:34 PM

speaking of adult swim, Primal is the tits

(((OdiumNostrum 05-23-2020 06:19 AM

As we are on the topic of wacko tv, does anyone know from which show (or a movie) is this clip? I stumbled upon this gif on some edgy meme page, but have zero context. Danger 5 would be my best bet but I have only seen 2 episodes so far so I cant confirm it:

https://streamable.com/m24xwe

ShadowHunter 05-23-2020 08:05 AM

i have watched the entirety of Danger 5 and don't remember this scene

alteredstate 05-23-2020 05:22 PM

Just watched Waco, totally surpassed by my expectations

ApenguinInBondage 05-26-2020 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (((OdiumNostrum (Post 3938565)
As we are on the topic of wacko tv, does anyone know from which show (or a movie) is this clip? I stumbled upon this gif on some edgy meme page, but have zero context. Danger 5 would be my best bet but I have only seen 2 episodes so far so I cant confirm it:

https://streamable.com/m24xwe

It's not from Danger 5. I could see why you would think that because of the zi's. Go finish the series, amazing.

(((OdiumNostrum 05-26-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowHunter (Post 3938566)
i have watched the entirety of Danger 5 and don't remember this scene

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApenguinInBondage (Post 3938579)
It's not from Danger 5. I could see why you would think that because of the zi's. Go finish the series, amazing.

Bummer, I guess I will have to go to 4chan for them to sniff out the sauce, cheers.

Octavian 06-21-2020 04:38 PM

Peaky Blinders is a good show.

Lichtbringer 06-22-2020 01:47 AM

I just finished Bloodline. It was mostly a great albeit uncomfortable watch. However, it’s pretty incredible how badly the show went off the rails in season 3. I read they were told halfway through filming there wasn’t gonna be another season, which makes sense, considering how rushed everything felt. Still, did it have to be this nonsensical?

Deathstalker 07-24-2020 12:37 AM

I know some people here are fans of the show Dark. Have any of you watched the 3rd and final season yet? I'm about to start it up...

Lichtbringer 07-24-2020 06:12 AM

Third season was a pretty big disappointment for me, season 1 is great and season 2 fantastic, though.

Skull Knight 07-29-2020 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lichtbringer (Post 3939155)
Third season was a pretty big disappointment for me, season 1 is great and season 2 fantastic, though.

Agreed. S3 became more of a "let me clarify who did who" plot-line to try to explain things. It would've been cool if they developed a story about time travel aspect. It's a pretty engaging 1st and 2nd season for anyone who digs Sci-Fi.

Oleg 07-31-2020 07:13 AM

I just binged Dark the other week and loved it. I think all 3 seasons are masterfully crafted. S3 does feel a little rushed, but it made sense for it not to be as microscopically detail-oriented as the previous two, given how the story unfolds on a larger scale.