SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   Grindethic Records (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=227)
-   -   LONDON GIG LISTINGS *Updated Regularly* (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=124354)

Excrementor 03-04-2007 07:19 PM

Sorry man, I just don't like them. No offense to your guitarist, as I like your band a lot, but Necro Ritual just do nothing for me. Musically I find them competant musicians, but bland and uninspiring. The way they present themselves and their music I just find is very "high school" and cheesy.
I didn't mean to make it sound like I was starting some kinda Necro Ritual vs Goat Molestor thing or anything, I'd just heard that Goat Molestor were supporting that's all.

Either way, I'll probably be down for this if I can make it. The new Inquistion album is sounding more than worthy of being checked out!

Cognitive Defeat 03-04-2007 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excrementor (Post 2257100)
Sorry man, I just don't like them. No offense to your guitarist, as I like your band a lot, but Necro Ritual just do nothing for me. Musically I find them competant musicians, but bland and uninspiring. The way they present themselves and their music I just find is very "high school" and cheesy.
I didn't mean to make it sound like I was starting some kinda Necro Ritual vs Goat Molestor thing or anything, I'd just heard that Goat Molestor were supporting that's all.

Either way, I'll probably be down for this if I can make it. The new Inquistion album is sounding more than worthy of being checked out!

Yeah man I wasn't really ranting at you personally but just the general vibe in the black metal scene, people need to respect bands who work hard whether they like the music or not.

Just out of interest when was the last time you heard Necro? If you haven't heard them recently you may be pleasantly surprised.

El-Heino 03-05-2007 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_odium_incarnate (Post 2254993)
I THOUGHT THIS WAS NEXT WEEK!!! FUCKK!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I FUCKING MISSED ORIGIN!!

:confused: Man, I thought you were checking this thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_odium_incarnate
It's the only gig listing I bother to look at anymore, so yes.. I use it.

I'd been dropping hints about this show for months!!!!
DEF go to Brighton. A must!

Cognitive Defeat 03-05-2007 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El-Heino (Post 2257736)
:confused: Man, I thought you were checking this thread...

I'd been dropping hints about this show for months!!!!
DEF go to Brighton. A must!

I would've checked but my mate assured me it was next week haha.

Excrementor 03-05-2007 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_odium_incarnate (Post 2257343)
Yeah man I wasn't really ranting at you personally but just the general vibe in the black metal scene, people need to respect bands who work hard whether they like the music or not.

Just out of interest when was the last time you heard Necro? If you haven't heard them recently you may be pleasantly surprised.

Last one I heard was their "album" - the one when their drummer's feet are all over the place. It's just not really the black metal I like, I'm more into Blasphemy, Revenge, Beherit, M8l8th type stuff, or the really depressive bands like Silencer and Shining.

Cognitive Defeat 03-08-2007 07:06 AM

The stuff they've been writing recently is really epic powerful stuff, I can't think of a band they sound like, it seems really original to me but then again I'm not a huge BM fan.

Check out this demo stuff on blastclick (oh and they've got a good drummer now by the way) http://www.blastclick.com/bands/5/

Spengler 03-21-2007 08:05 AM

Haha. This thread is a fucking goldmine. I wish I'd found it more than a week before moving out of London.

Cognitive Defeat 03-21-2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spengler (Post 2281372)
Haha. This thread is a fucking goldmine. I wish I'd found it more than a week before moving out of London.

Where did you move to?

Spengler 03-21-2007 02:23 PM

Moving back up to Leeds/Huddersfield next Wednesday.

zen tornado 03-21-2007 04:50 PM

BRUTAL METAL TUESDAY 27th March, Camden Purple Turtle!!

4 HEEEAAVY bands:
SHELLSHOCK www.myspace.com/shellshockuk ...mixing metal with deep drum & bass/hip-hop beats
SPITTING BLOOD www.myspace.com/spittingblood1234 ...heavy modern thrash
ARTISIAN www.myspace.com/artisianmetal ...raging black death!
LIVING WITH DISFIGUREMENT www.myspace.com/uglymetal ...sick, catchy and fast Autopsy influenced deathvomit

turning the Purple Turtle, Camden N1 into a morass of flailing limbs and gore!
Next Tuesday, 27th March! £5 Advance/ flier, £6 yer door

get fliers from any of the above myspaces' or adv sales:
www.glasswerk.co.uk/tickets

Rigel 03-22-2007 04:41 AM

hey please remove Dawn of Azazel from the vital remains shows... we ARE NOT on this tour, despite what the promotor seems to be spreading....

Rigel 03-22-2007 07:24 AM

Brutalist 03-22-2007 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigel (Post 2283209)
hey please remove Dawn of Azazel from the vital remains shows... we ARE NOT on this tour, despite what the promotor seems to be spreading....

I hope you're still on the Immolation show, I'm looking forward to seeing you guys!

Rhino Grindethic 03-23-2007 05:41 AM

Hey Tom, you twat!!
What is up with Rotten Vomit... It's been months of waitin' now.

Cognitive Defeat 03-23-2007 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grindethic Promo (Post 2285086)
Hey Tom, you twat!!
What is up with Rotten Vomit... It's been months of waitin' now.

Talk to Ben about it... I think he might be handing it over to someone else... dunno if its gonna be print based or web based anymore... it's up to him what happens I guess.

Brutalist 03-23-2007 11:51 PM

Right you cunts, here's the deal with Rotten Vomit. I wrote pretty much 50% of issue one and now it's all out of date because it's taken so long. There's reviews of albums that came out a year ago in it!! I finally got a proof copy from Ben a couple of months ago, and I haven't heard from him since (well, to do with RV anyway!). I'm well up for getting a new fanzine out there, and I know I've got the know-how and writing chops to do it, so it is frustrating, but it isn't my baby and there's not much I can do about it. So much has been happening with DOP, and I've just started writing a book about metal, so RV has not been a priority lately. I'll speak to Ben soon and see what's happening. If RV doesn't see the light of day I may well start a fanzine of my own. Watch this space...

Brutalist 03-23-2007 11:53 PM

BTW that ^^ message wasn't meant to sound as arsey as it does! :emot-pret

zen tornado 03-26-2007 04:45 PM

TUESDAY NIGHT METAL OF SEVERE EVILITY, INNIT

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...hockposter.jpg

Rigel 03-27-2007 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brutalist (Post 2283318)
I hope you're still on the Immolation show, I'm looking forward to seeing you guys!

hey thanks, yeha we will be there for sure, make sure you come and say hello and we will drink!!

El-Heino 04-03-2007 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El-Heino (Post 1793194)
25 Jun - Dew Scented, Coldworker, Misery Index @ Underworld. NEW

Just announced!!!
:emot-part

El-Heino 04-06-2007 05:03 AM

Quote:

16 Jun - Gorerotted, Avulsed, Cerebral Fix, Screamin' Daemon, Sarpanitum, Fleshrot, Crepitation, Life Denied @ Underworld.
16 Jun - Megadeth @ Astoria. NEW

Man, that's a bummer for the London Deathfest organisers:
Megadeth get booked at the Astoria on the same day...
:emot-fail

Brutalist 04-06-2007 07:01 AM

Dave Mustaine's a cunt.

El-Heino 04-12-2007 09:14 AM

Quote:

22 Jun - Prostitute Disfigurement @ Bar Monsta. NEW

:eek:

Cognitive Defeat 04-12-2007 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El-Heino (Post 2301979)
Man, that's a bummer for the London Deathfest organisers:
Megadeth get booked at the Astoria on the same day...

Little update to the Deathfest... We (Embryonic Depravity) are playing instead of Fleshrot as they have pulled out.

Nate SD 04-18-2007 01:09 PM

Megadeth playing the same day?...Reminds me of when we played Glasgow the same day as Motorhead and In Flames next door!

Sheize mit gas

El-Heino 05-02-2007 08:42 AM

Quote:

20 Jun - Master, Evile @ Kingston Peel.
24 Oct - Kataklysm, Behemoth, Aborted, Lyfthrasyr @ Kingston Peel.

Kingston Peel?
Odd choice...

Brutalist 05-02-2007 11:49 AM

Kataklysm and Behemoth at the Peel?!! That's fucking ridiculous!

El-Heino 05-02-2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

24 Oct - Kataklysm, Aborted @ Kingston Peel.

EDIT: No Behemoth on UK leg...

El-Heino 05-07-2007 01:43 PM

Quote:

10 May - Finntroll, After Forever, Tarot, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Machine Men, All Ends @ Scala. Cancelled
23 May - Marduk, Enslaved, Keep of Kalessin, Melechesh, Goatwhore, Pantheon I @ Islington Academy. Cancelled

Dang. Lots of cancellations.
ppl are not keeping their to their word these days...

Cognitive Defeat 05-07-2007 08:21 PM

22 May - Razor Of Occam, Spearhead, Necrosadistic Goat Torture, Necro Ritual @ Kingston Peel