SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   Spawn of Possession (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   What's new with/(Any news about) Spawn of Possession? (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=166329)

MarkMacDonald 08-27-2007 07:50 AM

What's new with/(Any news about) Spawn of Possession?
 
It's been a while since we've heard any updates from the guys in SOP. Dennis leaving was the last major piece of news we've heard. But it'd be cool to hear some stuff from the guys about what's going on right now.

I know they're writing new material, but it'd be cool to hear if they've completed any songs so far/how many/have you tried out any new drummers yet?/is the writing process taking more effort this time/any plans for touring/estimations on the new albums release date/how many teenage japanese girls have you deflowered in the last year? etc...

It'd just be cool to hear some stuff from the band, though it is awesome that bryzz frequents the tab thread.

bryzz 09-12-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkMacDonald (Post 2492197)
It's been a while since we've heard any updates from the guys in SOP. Dennis leaving was the last major piece of news we've heard. But it'd be cool to hear some stuff from the guys about what's going on right now.

I know they're writing new material, but it'd be cool to hear if they've completed any songs so far/how many/have you tried out any new drummers yet?/is the writing process taking more effort this time/any plans for touring/estimations on the new albums release date/how many teenage japanese girls have you deflowered in the last year? etc...

It'd just be cool to hear some stuff from the band, though it is awesome that bryzz frequents the tab thread.

dont have much to tell you but.

News:

* A new website is comming soon. and to order merch etc, you have to use the new e-mail adresses i posted in the thread: new emails, new website. (these e-mails are only temporary until the new site is online)

* the writing process works fine, maybe its going a little bit slow (as usual), but i dont want to write crapy songs, or just ordinary death metal.
no new song is complete yet, but im working on at least 7 different ones right now, and 4 of them should be finished pretty soon. i have found some new colours and flavours that doesent appear on cab/noc. and i try to avoid old formulas as much as possible. so it want be a noctambulant 2 or cabinet 2. i have put a deadline for the writing process so it want take forever hehe. but i cant give you an estimated releasedate yet. because a lot of other things has to be solved first.

* No tours or gigs are planed. its not even possible because SoP needs a new line-up. more about this when the new site is online.

* i may dissapoint you but we have deflowered 0 japanse girls :(

thats it for now.

Leopold Stotch 09-12-2007 07:53 PM

Good to know. Thanks for the update. You rule!

blooddrunk 06-24-2008 05:59 AM

bring the cabinet 2!!!!!!!!!! seriously haha i know whatever you guys write will be bad ass

luciodeath 06-24-2008 04:29 PM

thanks for the update!

Cannon 06-24-2008 11:47 PM

I was wondering.
Karlsson wrote the solos on the last 2 albums? am I right?
It is a weird dynamic that is different from most metal bands. Is Karlsson no longer an active member? Who will be playing the solos on the new CD? I know Bryzz you are certainly capable of doing so, and you have shown AMAZING writing skills, so why did you even 'subcontract' the solos on the last albums in the first place? I would be interested in hearing the Bryzz style of leads, and I know many SoP fans would. Thanks for the update, I cannot imagine what the new songs would sound like, it is great to hear you are not follow the Noctambulant "formula" and finding room to progress. I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat until the release I am anxious as hell to hear it all. Thanks and good luck during the writing/recording process!!!

BLUDGEON 06-28-2008 12:26 PM

Great news, I thought this band were done, but now I'll wait with great anticipation for the new sickness to be unleashed!!! Thanks for the update regarding SPAWN!
:0)>

FecalFamine 07-01-2008 12:46 AM

nice to hear you guys taking time on the new album, new origin rushed theirs so fast and was totally subpar, Jari Maanpaa took 8 years for his album and every fucking song was phenomenal

Murko 07-01-2008 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FecalFamine (Post 2838141)
nice to hear you guys taking time on the new album, new origin rushed theirs so fast and was totally subpar, Jari Maanpaa took 8 years for his album and every fucking song was phenomenal

Maybe a stupid question, but where does/ did Jari play? :emot-look

Skin Coffin 07-02-2008 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murko (Post 2838288)
Maybe a stupid question, but where does/ did Jari play? :emot-look

Ensiferum and Wintersun.

Incendius 07-03-2008 11:51 AM

fuuuuck so excited to hear these "new" flavors

Kris 07-14-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryzz (Post 2510569)

* i may dissapoint you but we have deflowered 0 japanse girls :(

you really let me down man.

LiegeOvInvracity 07-14-2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryzz (Post 2510569)
* i may dissapoint you but we have deflowered 0 japanse girls :(

I'm ashamed at the fact that I listen to you guys now.

bryzz 07-27-2008 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannon (Post 2829993)
I was wondering.
Karlsson wrote the solos on the last 2 albums? am I right?
It is a weird dynamic that is different from most metal bands. Is Karlsson no longer an active member? Who will be playing the solos on the new CD? I know Bryzz you are certainly capable of doing so, and you have shown AMAZING writing skills, so why did you even 'subcontract' the solos on the last albums in the first place? I would be interested in hearing the Bryzz style of leads, and I know many SoP fans would. Thanks for the update, I cannot imagine what the new songs would sound like, it is great to hear you are not follow the Noctambulant "formula" and finding room to progress. I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat until the release I am anxious as hell to hear it all. Thanks and good luck during the writing/recording process!!!

Yes he did, karlsson was mostly into stuff like Steve Vai, Satriani, Dream Theater etc. so music like that shaped his sound. but still i think he managed very well to find hes own style and adapt it to brutal DM. some of his solos are actually my favorite solos of all time.
Karlsson quit playing the guitar 2 years ago so hes not an active member anymore, and i asked him recently if he was interested in writing the solos for the new songs, but he said he cant do it anymore, he has lost a lot of the abillity to play that tech, and he dont feel like starting practising several hours each day again. thats understandable, and we are still friends and all, so there is no harsh feelings about that.
i have been very lazy for years when it comes to practising and writing solos, and with karlsson in the band it didnt feelt that necessary to do that either hehe. its a totally different way of playing the guitar i think, and i do suck when it comes to solos hehe, at least right now. but i have started to practise on that and its getting better and better. and probaly im going do some solos for the new songs. and i have an idea who can do other once. so in the end the solos are going to be just fine i think.

Skin Coffin 07-27-2008 09:15 AM

^ I've never had so many mixed while reading one post..

Really sucks that Karlsson is 100% done.. But its really cool that you're gonna do some of your own solos. Can't wait to hear who the replacement will be.

Refusal 07-27-2008 04:31 PM

That sucks that someone that good (Karlsson) could just up and quit guitar. :emot-fail I become cranky if I don't play guitar at least once during the day. And it doesn't even have to be metal, I just strum a few chords if I'm feeling lazy/tired.

Thijs 07-27-2008 05:53 PM

That's a damn shame Karlsson quit the guitar, he was so good. I loved his solos on both Cabinet and Noctambulant. Amazing guitarist.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the new SoP songs and the new lineup, so excited for the new album.
You also made me really curious about you playing/writing solos for the new songs, Bryssling! (:

Thanks for giving us the info on Karlsson.

VORCIDE 07-27-2008 11:26 PM

Damn... that sucks

Cloaca 07-28-2008 10:06 AM

Damn. I can imagine not playing as much, but quitting guitar completely, especially when you're as good as Karlsson, that's a big shame.

Good luck Bryzz, if anyone can pull it off, it's you.

phagist_ 07-29-2008 02:40 AM

jeez that sucks about Karlsson.. but good luck man and can't wait to hear the new stuff!

Vriend 08-05-2008 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryzz (Post 2874828)
Yes he did, karlsson was mostly into stuff like Steve Vai, Satriani, Dream Theater etc. so music like that shaped his sound. but still i think he managed very well to find hes own style and adapt it to brutal DM. some of his solos are actually my favorite solos of all time.
Karlsson quit playing the guitar 2 years ago so hes not an active member anymore, and i asked him recently if he was interested in writing the solos for the new songs, but he said he cant do it anymore, he has lost a lot of the abillity to play that tech, and he dont feel like starting practising several hours each day again. thats understandable, and we are still friends and all, so there is no harsh feelings about that.
i have been very lazy for years when it comes to practising and writing solos, and with karlsson in the band it didnt feelt that necessary to do that either hehe. its a totally different way of playing the guitar i think, and i do suck when it comes to solos hehe, at least right now. but i have started to practise on that and its getting better and better. and probaly im going do some solos for the new songs. and i have an idea who can do other once. so in the end the solos are going to be just fine i think.

No, such a good guitarist. But if he doesn't feel it anymore, that is sad.:emot-fail

Don't worry Bryssling, I will continue to support Spawn Of Possession as I have for years now.

bryzz 08-06-2008 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vriend (Post 2887560)
No, such a good guitarist. But if he doesn't feel it anymore, that is sad.:emot-fail

Don't worry Bryssling, I will continue to support Spawn Of Possession as I have for years now.

thanx ^^

BZM 08-10-2008 02:41 AM

what is it with spawn of possession's band members not only quitting the band but quitting their instruments at the same time... shit.

Refusal 08-11-2008 04:46 AM

SoP must be the final boss.

Thijs 08-11-2008 08:24 PM

Final boss of what?
Goddamn SoP are awesome. (duh.)

Refusal 08-12-2008 02:06 AM

From the mentally torturous game of Music. Karlsson must've won (or died trying...).

crispy 08-13-2008 03:23 PM

God! I can't wait for this new music. ^.^

Fractal_Mortality 08-14-2008 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathmetaldoll (Post 2900589)
God! I can't wait for this new music. ^.^

Fo real

Thijs 08-14-2008 02:51 PM

Bryssling, are you and Jonas Renvaktar the only original members left, or is Dewerud also still in the band?

LiegeOvInvracity 08-14-2008 10:30 PM

If Karlson lost interest in guitar that's understandable. Because once your heart and mind aren't into something anymore it's the hardest thing to fake it.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SMNnews.com: 2002 -