SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   Death Metal Discussion (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Teitanblood- The Baneful Choir (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=254107)

Flaccid Penguin 10-18-2019 12:45 PM

Teitanblood- The Baneful Choir

AOTY 2019 FUCK YEAH WHIP OUT YO DIX AND JUMPDAFUCKUP

Dizzy Alpaca Party 10-18-2019 05:06 PM

Re: Teitanblood- The Baneful Choir

Resounding meh.

Band is pretty boring tbh

Flaccid Penguin 10-19-2019 09:09 AM

Did you not listen to Death?

open face surgery 10-19-2019 09:52 AM

Love Seven Chalices and Death but that didn't do much for me on first impressions. Will definitely give it more time.

ShadowHunter 10-19-2019 10:01 AM

meh, as always with them. more about the "aesthetics" than the actual music

Flaccid Penguin 10-19-2019 10:21 AM

I haven’t listened to this one enough times to have a developed opinion and honestly I’m disappointed so far but Death is perfect. It’s well composed and the riffs are bonkers. It’s not just aesthetics.

(((OdiumNostrum 10-19-2019 01:46 PM

This feels way more accessible than Death, compositionally and production wise as well. I tried to get into Death couple of times but failed miserably along the way, its just too impenetrable and unmemorable.

Back to the new one, it again lacks the intrigue after the initial spin, so I will probably stick to Tetragrammacide when I want my dose of aural destruction.

Lichtbringer 10-20-2019 01:02 AM

“Death” is totally sick in parts, but this is just wtfbad so far.

J72826 10-20-2019 07:40 AM

Fuck all y'all, Leprous Fire all the way through to Sunken Stars is pummeling me guuuuud, so good. Wish they kinda did more with the effects-guy they brought in, and of course it's no Death but it's most definately a Teitanblood record released on NoEvDia in every way.

Flaccid Penguin 10-20-2019 11:11 AM

^ I agree. Album is crushing and it makes way more sense now. I even dig the two intro tracks and the last two tracks. Did we just become best friends?
Also y’all niggas crazy for dismissing Death. Album is unstoppable

alteredstate 10-20-2019 04:15 PM

Album RIPS

intense 10-20-2019 04:56 PM

Yeah this album is fucking awesome. I'm sad for people who don't get it.
And it is better than Death for me.

ShadowHunter 10-20-2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intense (Post 3936903)
I'm sad for people who don't get it.

:emot-LMAO

acidbong 10-21-2019 05:00 PM

I made it about 2 mins into the 3rd track before I lost interest and listened to the new Exhumed again. I was expecting to really enjoy it, but they just don't do anything for me anymore.

Tomes of Deceit 10-21-2019 08:50 PM

During the initial hype for Death I thought it was ridiculous and I thought they were totally a style over substance band. But I did end up picking up the album and really liking it from an aesthetic standpoint, but I wouldn't say I ever fully "got" the songs. First time revisiting it the other day I thought it was a total wall of noise and basically any riff is interchangeable with any other. But I notice that the vocals are pretty conventionally structure and kind of anchor things at times. I really like the sound of it so I think that keeps me sticking with it. But I do still believe that the riffing is basically primitive, but of course music can be more than the sum of its parts.

I'm not planning to pick this up for a while because I would still get Sunn O))), Nile, Mayhem, Blut Aus Nord and possibly Blood Incantation before this. And I have a couple other things on the list. But I do expect to get the album.

Oleg 10-23-2019 10:35 AM

Listened to this band twice in the past and both times were severely underwhelming. One dimensional aggression without any memorability.

Honky Reduction 10-23-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg (Post 3936913)
Listened to this band twice in the past and both times were severely underwhelming. One dimensional aggression without any memorability.

I agree with this. Same for the new album...

Tomes of Deceit 10-23-2019 09:31 PM

I like it so far. If it's one dimensional aggression then so are plenty of classic DM and BM albums. I like that the riffs are a little more audible this time around. I hear a lot more definition and structure to the riffing for sure.

I feel like if I try to listen to stuff like Revenge or the last Diocletian there's nothing there for me. This album feels like it has plenty going on.

I hope I can find somewhere to order the CD without having to pay close to $20 with shipping.

Oleg 10-24-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomes of Deceit (Post 3936915)
If it's one dimensional aggression then so are plenty of classic DM and BM albums.

That's not much of a metric really, I find most classic dm and bm beyond boring. I'm sure if I was born 20 years earlier, I would be enthralled with any and all OSDM, but I grew up skipping a lot of those bands and jumping right into more "colorful" death metal like Cryptopsy, Lykathea Aflame, Wormed, Decapitated, later-era Gorguts, etc. There's just no comparison for me between bands of this caliber and earlier stuff like Autopsy, Obituary, Entombed, etc.

I just listened to 30 min of this Teitanblood, and the most exciting thing so far is the Insight track lol. I really don't understand the hype over hearing the same tired-ass 0-1-4-1-0 riffs for 20+ years. It's so goddamn bland and uninspired. I always thought death metal (or extreme metal as a whole) was about pushing limits of sound, and not following in the path of those before them. This shit is easy listening and brings nothing new to the table.

ratsapprentice 10-24-2019 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg (Post 3936917)
I just listened to 30 min of this Teitanblood, and the most exciting thing so far is the Insight track lol. I really don't understand the hype over hearing the same tired-ass 0-1-4-1-0 riffs for 20+ years. It's so goddamn bland and uninspired. I always thought death metal (or extreme metal as a whole) was about pushing limits of sound, and not following in the path of those before them. This shit is easy listening and brings nothing new to the table.

DSO Disagrees.

Oleg 10-24-2019 06:04 PM

I'm not sure which part of my post you're referring to. Either way, my opinion is just my opinion. Everyone's reality is their own. I clearly see there's a lot of hype for this new Teitanblood, and I'm really stoked for everyone who's excited. But it's gonna be a no from me, dawg.

ratsapprentice 10-25-2019 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg (Post 3936920)
I'm not sure which part of my post you're referring to. Either way, my opinion is just my opinion. Everyone's reality is their own. I clearly see there's a lot of hype for this new Teitanblood, and I'm really stoked for everyone who's excited. But it's gonna be a no from me, dawg.

Just that Teitanblood are signed to DSO's own label, and as one of the bands generally held up as "pushing limits", I just thought it was interesting to note their/his own interest in Teitanblood.

Flaccid Penguin 10-26-2019 09:08 PM

I need the lyrics for this album and I can’t find them anywhere

J72826 10-28-2019 02:53 AM

Well the LP's expected to arrive midway november

GODDANGIT

intense 10-29-2019 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaccid Penguin (Post 3936929)
I need the lyrics for this album and I can?t find them anywhere

Oh you didn't buy the LP, bad. :)

intense 11-04-2019 10:20 AM

For those who liked the new Teintanblood, you can check the new Profane Order, it slays.

Vadge 11-06-2019 01:21 PM

Took a while to settle into this one but it is rewarding