SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   Spawn of Possession (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   What's new with/(Any news about) Spawn of Possession? (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=166329)

bryzz 08-17-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thijs (Post 2902550)
Bryssling, are you and Jonas Renvaktar the only original members left, or is Dewerud also still in the band?

Yes thats right, No Dewerud left spawn a long time ago. i heard some rumors about a statement but i havent seen any. i have been waiting for one, thats why i havent said anything about it before. but i dont care anymore. i dont think any statements will be posted anyway. two years has past already sooo yay

bryzz 08-17-2008 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiegeOvInvracity (Post 2903125)
If Karlson lost interest in guitar that's understandable. Because once your heart and mind aren't into something anymore it's the hardest thing to fake it.

yes thats very true. i think he did the right thing.

Refusal 08-17-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryzz (Post 2907015)
Yes thats right, No Dewerud left spawn a long time ago. i heard some rumors about a statement but i havent seen any. i have been waiting for one, thats why i havent said anything about it before. but i dont care anymore. i dont think any statements will be posted anyway. two years has past already sooo yay

Wait a minute, so Dewerud never told you he's done, he just stopped talking to you??? That seems very odd. If only I lived in Sweden, could play excellent bass, and was named Jonas... haha

bryzz 08-18-2008 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refusal (Post 2907305)
Wait a minute, so Dewerud never told you he's done, he just stopped talking to you??? That seems very odd. If only I lived in Sweden, could play excellent bass, and was named Jonas... haha

we talked about it a long time ago. he left when dennis left. the whole band was splitting up after the tour 2006 :O
höhö, yessss hehe

The Grimmel Praug 08-19-2008 11:36 AM

I learned Sour Flow on bass, I am in the process of learning Scorched. I would learn In My Own Greed, but I do not have a 5-string.

Could you post some more tabs please. I would love to learn Uncle Damfee, Hidden In Flesh, and By a Thousand Death Fulfilled.

crispy 08-19-2008 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryzz (Post 2908274)
we talked about it a long time ago. he left when dennis left. the whole band was splitting up after the tour 2006 :O
höhö, yessss hehe

Hopefully you find a new basist and guitarist
:emot-gigg

MarkMacDonald 08-19-2008 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grimmel Praug (Post 2909734)
I learned Sour Flow on bass, I am in the process of learning Scorched. I would learn In My Own Greed, but I do not have a 5-string.

Could you post some more tabs please. I would love to learn Uncle Damfee, Hidden In Flesh, and By a Thousand Death Fulfilled.

New tabs would be great... but I'm pretty sure that Bryzzz is quite busy writing new material, and I would not want him to put any time aside to do tabs until that is finished...

bryzz 08-19-2008 01:11 PM

but if there are some high notes you cant play on the 4 string, you can just change them and play them one octave lower. it want destroy the song.

yes okey, i gonna check that sometime.

bryzz 08-19-2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathmetaldoll (Post 2909872)
Hopefully you find a new basist and guitarist
:emot-gigg

two guitarists and maybe one bassist is interested. and another guitarist is interested in writing solos (just for recording). so, maybe, just maybe the problems can be solved soon.

Thijs 08-20-2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grimmel Praug (Post 2909734)

RiversofGore.com has the (guitar)tabs of Hidden in Flesh and Uncle Damfee. No bass lines included though.

Bryzz, I hope you have a full new lineup soon, best of luck to you!

Refusal 08-20-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thijs (Post 2911372)
RiversofGore.com has the (guitar)tabs of Hidden in Flesh and Uncle Damfee. No bass lines included though.

Bryzz, I hope you have a full new lineup soon, best of luck to you!

Actually, Tim tabbed the bass fill in the beginning of Uncle Damfee. :P But yeah, that's it.

Thijs 08-22-2008 09:12 AM

Ah yeah, with the exception of that bass fill in Uncle Damfee.
Love that little drum 'n bass thing in the beginning of the song!

MarkMacDonald 08-23-2008 03:02 PM

Hey Bryzz, what are your major sources of inspiration for this album?

The Grimmel Praug 08-25-2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkMacDonald (Post 2909879)
New tabs would be great... but I'm pretty sure that Bryzzz is quite busy writing new material, and I would not want him to put any time aside to do tabs until that is finished...

Me either.

Vriend 08-30-2008 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryzz (Post 2908274)
höhö, yessss hehe

:emot-fail
SO sad, a band that has a lot of potential falls apart. Your songstructure and writing skills surpass basicly any band in todays dm imo. Some day people will realise that and give you the recognition you deserve. You didn't get a lot of love during the Hate Eternal tour I noticed:emot-fail
But I did enjoy the Rotterdam show, it was a wednesdaynight, I remember it clearly. I'm glad I saw you guys at least once.

Refusal 08-30-2008 06:43 PM

^ Lucky. All I get to remember them by is a crappy houston bootleg video.

serocs 09-04-2008 02:23 PM

i could move to SoP country lol

i know all of the noctambulant songs that are tabbed

plzplzplz

although tim knows more songs i think

Logic 09-05-2008 05:30 AM

But you can't play 'em?

Murko 09-05-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logic (Post 2940458)
But you can't play 'em?

He's from Rivers, so you never know :wink:

Refusal 09-05-2008 04:22 PM

ROFL. Not only can he play them, he does it on his 3-stringed stump of wood he calls a guitar!

Logic 09-06-2008 03:48 AM

And he only plays with one hand! Eyes-closed naturally

bryzz 10-31-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkMacDonald (Post 2917184)
Hey Bryzz, what are your major sources of inspiration for this album?

ooooh i dont know, i have the same ideas that i had when i was writing on noctambulant, but noctambulant turned out to be something else so i have to try once more. but i guess my inspiriation comes from the same old bands as usual: gorguts, monstrosity, morbid angel, hate eternal, eucharist. combined with some non death metal influences of course. like classical stuff, ambient synth, jazz, grindcore, trash etc

TKANYE 11-11-2008 05:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8i98kGAaEw

MarkMacDonald 11-11-2008 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKANYE (Post 3024818)

Scorched orchestrated? That was awesome!

Cloaca 11-12-2008 05:46 AM

Hahaha, that was cool as. Just goes to show how great SoP's music is when it sounds that good done like that. In fact, I know we're talking about Scorched here, but I reckon it would be a little better if it was slightly slower.

Slayerofnarcs 11-14-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKANYE (Post 3024818)

That's extremely cool. I try to explain the classical influences of SoP to some of my friends, and they just don't get it. Maybe this will help people get the idea.

Refusal 11-14-2008 05:54 PM

Or just show them some of the guitar pro tabs at 0.75 speed. SoP is tough on a first time listener. Like the first time I heard Lash By Lash, I must have repeated the first 5 seconds about 10 times just to hear all that was going on.

PROPHECIES fORETOLD 11-24-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryzz (Post 3011669)
ooooh i dont know, i have the same ideas that i had when i was writing on noctambulant, but noctambulant turned out to be something else so i have to try once more. but i guess my inspiriation comes from the same old bands as usual: gorguts, monstrosity, morbid angel, hate eternal, eucharist. combined with some non death metal influences of course. like classical stuff, ambient synth, jazz, grindcore, trash etc

How far are you with the the new tunes? How many are written so far?:emot-boun

Skin Coffin 01-12-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PROPHECIES fORETOLD (Post 3039518)
How far are you with the the new tunes? How many are written so far?:emot-boun

Erland 01-15-2009 02:18 PM

ca. 1,5.