SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   Skinless (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   What Are Your Favourite Slam Death Metal bands? (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=18304)

Johnny-Skinless 07-30-2004 11:27 PM

What Are Your Favourite Slam Death Metal bands?

I'm talking stuff with groove slam fuck-you-in-your-face riffs, mosh breakdowns and brutal vocals. In the vein of Skinless, Soils Of Fate, Internal Bleeding, Scar Culture, Dying Fetus...etc

I'd suggest you keep an eye open for:
Godless Truth
Guttural Secrete

crispykid88 07-30-2004 11:31 PM

skinless
exhumed
the bezerker
kataklysm
cannibal corpse

non death metal bands
slayer(of course)
devildriver(i dont care they ge me amped up)
lamb of god

Reincremation 07-31-2004 12:00 AM

Dying Fetus are the masters of slam DM. Their new one wasn't as catchy, though. Of course, Skinless own, but I don't really think of them as slam DM.

JohnnyJihad 07-31-2004 08:18 AM

Re: What Are Your Favourite Slam Death Metal bands?

Quote:

Originally posted by Johnny-Skinless
I'm talking stuff with groove slam fuck-you-in-your-face riffs, mosh breakdowns and brutal vocals. In the vein of Skinless, Soils Of Fate, Internal Bleeding, Scar Culture, Dying Fetus...etc

I'd suggest you keep an eye open for:
Godless Truth
Guttural Secrete

dude would you mind sending me some songs of these bands? I can't find any guttural secrete to buy but a few weeks back I found a song of theirs on umatched brutality's homepage and your definitely dead on with them, the one breakdown throws me into blissful convulsions every time I hear it.

i'll be trying to find some godless truth in the meantime.

To add to the list:

Older Iniquity.. Serenadium, the hidden lore, and although brilliant Five across the eyes and grime are pretty much devoid of pit riffs/breakdowns.

I love how you mentioned scar culture.. The stunning section in "vision".. the breakdown in "the devout".. the list goes on. That album (inscribe) is the reason I'm into extreme metal.. before I bought that thing I was a lost little boy in a world of nu-trash.

anyway keep this thing going, I want to find more bands like this.

AbortedFetus 07-31-2004 10:23 AM

hands down, D.O.B. (Disciples of Berkowitz) The kind of pit riffs where you feel like youre getting kicked in the face even if you're standing in the back. and hey, Bob from skinless is the drummer! Also, Traumaside (rest in peace). same type of moshy breakdowns that kill. Thos are both local New York bands though. If i had to pick a bigger national band i'd say cryptopsy. Some of their pit riffs are just oh so pleasantly filthy yet still technical at the same time.

Hackgore 07-31-2004 11:29 AM

you can find a guttural secret mp3 at www.unmatchedbrutalitiy.com
they are relly cool!
but my faves are:
Decrepit Birth
Gorgasm
Despondency
pustulated
Disgorge(US) and all matti way stuff
Devourment
soils of fate
deeds of Flesh
Dying fetus
Stabwound
Wormed
Internal Suffering
and much more

metaljake 07-31-2004 02:12 PM

What about Jungle Rot?

Reincremation 07-31-2004 03:11 PM

Jungle Rot is just a bit too simplistic for me.

Deathskull 07-31-2004 08:52 PM

Dying Fetus and old Internal Bleeding of the mid 90's. Dehumanized too.

Johnny-Skinless 07-31-2004 09:12 PM

Re: Re: What Are Your Favourite Slam Death Metal bands?

Quote:

Originally posted by JohnnyJihad
dude would you mind sending me some songs of these bands? I can't find any guttural secrete to buy but a few weeks back I found a song of theirs on umatched brutality's homepage and your definitely dead on with them, the one breakdown throws me into blissful convulsions every time I hear it.

i'll be trying to find some godless truth in the meantime.

To add to the list:

Older Iniquity.. Serenadium, the hidden lore, and although brilliant Five across the eyes and grime are pretty much devoid of pit riffs/breakdowns.

I love how you mentioned scar culture.. The stunning section in "vision".. the breakdown in "the devout".. the list goes on. That album (inscribe) is the reason I'm into extreme metal.. before I bought that thing I was a lost little boy in a world of nu-trash.

anyway keep this thing going, I want to find more bands like this.

That's just it! I can't find Guttural Secrete stuff anywhere When i recommended this band it was solely based on some streamed song files i've heard online. I'm still trying to get this stuff with Soulseek...
As for Godless Truth. Get the song "Worthless Human Being"..In fact everyone on this fucking board should get the song "Worthless Human Being" right now!! This is pure fukin slam better than the whole new Dying Fetus album ok? if you don't like it feel free to shoot me. They have a sample on their official website.

Yes Johnny..Scar Culture totally fucking rules! one of my favourite bands ever

Ahh and another thing..I forgot to metion the japanese band VOMIT REMNANTS. If you haven't heard them check'em out. Totally brutal Slam with some incredible moshing grooves and pretty sick vocals. In the vein of Dying Fetus, Soils Of Fate and Skinless

Deathskull 07-31-2004 09:21 PM

If you listen to Vomit Remnants closely, you'll hear exact Dying Fetus, Internal Bleeding and Mortal Decay riffs.

Johnny-Skinless 07-31-2004 09:41 PM

Yeah I know they're much less than original sometimes. They've even admited it in some interviews...

Deathskull 07-31-2004 10:07 PM

Great fucking guys though, cool as fuck, and they rock. I heard that when they toured the USA all of their gear fell off the top of the van and got smashed on the highway. The band never really recovered from that. Last time we were in Japan we talked to the drummer and the band is just him......he's looking.

metaljake 08-01-2004 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Reincremation
Jungle Rot is just a bit too simplistic for me.
Sometimes simple is good:)

Poop Head 08-01-2004 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Deathskull
If you listen to Vomit Remnants closely, you'll hear exact Dying Fetus, Internal Bleeding and Mortal Decay riffs.
hahah..I was standing near a vendor table at a fest one time and I over heard a guy ask "What's Vomit Remnants all about?" and I turned and said "Just think of some Japanese dudes who sound like IB and Fetus"

I've only heard their first cd. Is this the case for the second one too?? (do they have more than that?)

Poop Head 08-01-2004 07:52 PM

I like Jungle Rot despite it's simplicity.

SKINLESSslayer 08-02-2004 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AbortedFetus
hands down, D.O.B. (Disciples of Berkowitz) The kind of pit riffs where you feel like youre getting kicked in the face even if you're standing in the back. and hey, Bob from skinless is the drummer! Also, Traumaside (rest in peace). same type of moshy breakdowns that kill. Thos are both local New York bands though. If i had to pick a bigger national band i'd say cryptopsy. Some of their pit riffs are just oh so pleasantly filthy yet still technical at the same time.
You can't forget clitorture from upstate ny, sick fucking band

zpook 08-02-2004 03:04 PM

Fetus is my fav slam metal, I could'nt move my neck for a week after seeing those crazy fucks! The breakdowns just make you want to throw yourself in the air and land on your face. Skinless also has some of my fav slam parts. I think they call it power metal down here because of all the blast beats.

DeathCult 08-02-2004 06:36 PM

some slam shit....

here are some bands Id check out...

Enter Self
Master
Human Taxidermy
D.O.B. (bob rules!)
Eternal Suffering
Atery Eruption
Dehumanized
Alter of Flesh

there are more i am sure....

smellslikeherpes 08-09-2004 12:44 AM

THORAZINE. Recently broken up but amazing Canadian Death-Grind. Brutal slams and just an all around technical delight to hear.

Death Metal Freak 08-16-2004 12:18 AM

Its hard to say who's my fav, but if I had to choose, Dying Fetus. Many others like Skinless, Despondency, Godless Truth, Beheaded,ect. Own ass as well.

Murderovthegods 07-05-2009 12:48 PM

My fav slam death bands

Devourment
Dying Fetus
Sklinless
Blunt Force Trauma(japanese)
Dripping

and to me, Vomit Remnants is ok, I like some of their stuff, but compared to other slam bansd, I can't listen to them for more than two songs.

Marty Freidman 07-05-2009 11:10 PM

devourment
disgorge,cali
repudalation
sintury
artery eruption

Jackson7string 11-24-2009 10:15 AM

ABOMINABLE PUTRIDITY!!

antsofthesky 03-26-2010 07:17 AM

Ingested (England)- Insane drumming courtesy of Lyn Jeffs
Benighted (France)

Godhasfallen 02-05-2011 08:58 PM