View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 07:30 AM   #9
Tyler Durden
Terrorist

Tyler Durden slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkick View Post
I'm not trying to instigate a flamewar or a bitchmatch, just picking your brain.

I think it's hypocritical when people have zero problem "hailing Satan", but clam up when anything opposite that is brought up. I'm not a religious person and haven't set foot in a church in years, but I can't help but snicker at how one-sided people can be. If you believe in one, by default you have to believe in the other.

And as for "new vs old" Mustaine, I don't play with Matchbox cars anymore. I did at one point... a LONG time ago. Dave's "evil" stuff was being cut TWENTY-TWO years ago! Does that make me comedy platinum because I'm not a carbon copy of who I was so many years ago? Dave has found something that works for him - let's not forget that this helped get his act together - and just because that stuff may be creeping into his lyrics doesn't discount his value as a musician or a person JUST because his views don't align with yours.
You're making this really difficult for me to keep quiet. As far as I'm concerned, there is no god or satan. I live my life as I please with no bullshit dogma attached.

I never once said Wankstaine was a shit musician, nor do I care what he does in his personal life. I'd just rather not have to listen to it, when he's trying to ram his dogma down my throat in his more recent lyrics & interviews (or religious sermons as I like to call them).