View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #105
Willith
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistedSister View Post
If you live in Boston, you should be able to find some pretty good musicians to start your own band if you're dissatisfied with the band you're in now. I dig your vocalist. I'll definitely check out more material when you guys record as a full band.

to clarify:

PWNSAUCE writes very epic music. Please, take my word on that.
Label Thief is also in a band that will do very well once their music is up.
Ten_Second is in a band I dig the fuck out of, personally. And his drummer is berserk.

You might've even found yourself some musicians to play with through the forums, but not with an arrogant attitude. The Berklee folk I met when I was visiting the campus were pretty arrogant and condescending. It doesn't bother me too much, I'm just saying.

Also, playing expensive gear isn't going to make your band or music better. Sure, it helps the overall tone & playing. But some people judge their own self-worth based on how expensive some of the things they own are. Same concept of the guy with the huge truck and small dick.

I digress.
I don't live in Boston. I did. Then L.A., and now the mid-west.
I have heard "pwnsauce"'s garageband or whatever clips...and they weren't epic or anything of the sort. It was actually some of the worst stuff I've heard coming from this board- however, there is a lot of GOOD stuff coming from people on this board, so to stand out isn't exactly easy.
I'm familiar with abhorrent and follow the tabs/mp3s threads. I think some of the stuff is great, but he seems to be involved in so many different projects that it's not clear sometimes which is which- for example I heard a slower Opeth-esque composition that I didn't really dig, but I don't think it was an abhorrent piece.

You don't know me outside of this forum, so rest assured my attitude isn't the problem- timing is. When I was at Berklee (or returned rather) any talented musicians interested in the same type of music were already stretched thin, sometimes being in 3 other bands at the same time. My other friends had different tastes (like power metal ). L.A. was a huge disappointment because it has virtually no music scene. It was truly pathetic. The mid-west has already had so much more to offer me than either of the coasts.
Not sure what you're getting at with your gear comment. Are you insinuating that because I have good gear I may only ''think'' I'm good? You've got a decent enough amount of information on my background, so I'm not exactly sure how you'd come to such a conclusion.
Willith is offline   Reply With Quote