Thread: New Drummer
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 03:17 AM   #40
bryzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Mortality View Post
Did you listen to the song "Bemoan the Martyr" at all? It added a lot of elements that would indicate a band trying to gain more commercial appeal: the rather cliche spoken word sample, the metalcore vocals and guitarwork, the addition of very commercialized clean vocals... It all screamed as a push for accessibility to me. But I realize that is just one song.

Honestly though, I just think the biggest thing against the band is loss of members. Their songwriting abilities don't seem anyway near what they used to be.
no i didnt find that song on myspace, i was listening to "worship your demons" and compared that one to the others. but i downloaded the song you mentioned now, and i understand what you mean. only the future can tell if they going to explore that path any further.

okey, i really dont know, because i dont listen to them. but if they had several or better songwriters before i guess some elements are gone now or just different.
they probaly get some new fans which like the new stuff better than the old. its always like that.
bryzz is offline   Reply With Quote