Thread: Recording PC
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #1
Chilidem
Sicknessament

Recording PC

I'm in the market for a new computer for recording. My current PC is running 2 GB Ram, processor with ~2.1 GHz, and I have a 500 GB hard drive. I'm currently using Reaper, with Superior Drummer 2.0 and Metal Foundry, Izotope Alloy and Ozone, and using some other random plug-ins for effects. I have a Lexicon Lambda for my audio interface, but it's suited me well thus far and I have no need to upgrade yet. Maybe in the future.

Composition wise, I'm not doing anything too crazy. The tracks usually will run up to 6 guitar/bass tracks, midi drums with SD 2.0, and a few vocals tracks. I am thinking about running some other virtual instruments in the future, but it's not a necessity as of right now. I'm thinking about getting a PC with at minimum 8 GB of RAM (I've heard that this is actually overkill with music production), Intel processor i5 or better, and 500 GB to 1 TB hard drive.

Anything else I should take into consideration? Anyone that has any experience with this, I would greatly appreciate any insight.

Last edited by Chilidem; 10-03-2013 at 12:14 AM..
Chilidem is offline   Reply With Quote