View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 10:19 PM   #1
Works0fheart

First recording through my new MK II

https://soundcloud.com/brent-addison...the-passage-of

I'm awful at recording. Being a good guitarist and a good recording guitarist are completely different as I learned lol. Anyways, what you're hearing aside from the actual guitar recording is drums programmed in GP5, ported over to 6, and GP6 guitar as well. I don't like recording with just a metronome so I placed the wav files of the GP track in Reaper to use it as a track to play along to. I'll of course delete the files upon final recording and not be a Lucas Mann. But yeah, that's as far as I made it into the song, and there are definitely mistakes to be heard lol.

Patch on the AXE-FX is the Peavey 6505+ Heavy but slightly modified. I threw in a compressor and changed the EQ's a bit as well as the cabinets to 2 1960b's in stereo mic'd with SM57's. This is actually identical the setup I normally have without the AXE-FX and I wanted to see how close I could get the tone. I think it's pretty spot on. I used a Jackson RR24 with a BKP Painkiller and tuned to C#.

Anyways, critique away. I know it's rough and not much to talk about, but I spent a few hours getting that 1 minute done
Works0fheart is offline   Reply With Quote