View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 04:36 AM   #21
Vriend
Afro Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzz View Post
Yes he did, karlsson was mostly into stuff like Steve Vai, Satriani, Dream Theater etc. so music like that shaped his sound. but still i think he managed very well to find hes own style and adapt it to brutal DM. some of his solos are actually my favorite solos of all time.
Karlsson quit playing the guitar 2 years ago so hes not an active member anymore, and i asked him recently if he was interested in writing the solos for the new songs, but he said he cant do it anymore, he has lost a lot of the abillity to play that tech, and he dont feel like starting practising several hours each day again. thats understandable, and we are still friends and all, so there is no harsh feelings about that.
i have been very lazy for years when it comes to practising and writing solos, and with karlsson in the band it didnt feelt that necessary to do that either hehe. its a totally different way of playing the guitar i think, and i do suck when it comes to solos hehe, at least right now. but i have started to practise on that and its getting better and better. and probaly im going do some solos for the new songs. and i have an idea who can do other once. so in the end the solos are going to be just fine i think.
No, such a good guitarist. But if he doesn't feel it anymore, that is sad.

Don't worry Bryssling, I will continue to support Spawn Of Possession as I have for years now.

Last edited by Vriend; 08-05-2008 at 04:50 AM..
Vriend is offline   Reply With Quote