View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 12:56 AM   #31
Lichtbringer
Kellerstahl

Rep Power: 26 Lichtbringer beat up jewskiLichtbringer beat up jewskiLichtbringer beat up jewski
Re: 2020 album discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy Alpaca Party View Post
Poetry/lyricism/words. I highly doubt that members of BDM bands actually want to see people dismembered and eaten, or that they expect giant monsters to rampage through their cities.

Maybe "satire" isn't the most technically correct word in a strict collegiate sense, but the point is that it's usually pretty damn obvious when an artist is exploring fantasies without strictly advocating for their enactment. Calling African slaves "mongrel dogs" with a "flawed geneome" makes it pretty obvious that these songs are racist trash.
I was talking about stuff like Gorgasm that’s extremely misogynistic, so I really don’t know why you’re suddenly talking about dismembered people (horror) or monsters (fantasy).
So how would you know members of Gorgasm or similar-themed bands don’t secretly beat their girlfriends senseless at home or condone and encourage violence against women? You don’t and it wouldn’t matter if you did, because no elements of satire or parody are present in the lyrics making them reprehensible trash regardless of the - in your case entirely speculative - intentions of the author.
But, as you’ve admitted, we’re talking about lyrics here, not music, and the music of both Gorgasm and Arghoslent is quite enjoyable.

Last edited by Lichtbringer; 01-09-2020 at 12:59 AM..
Lichtbringer is offline   Reply With Quote