SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #31
Cernunnos

Don't have that problem as my girlfriend is a metal head. She tends to listen to more folky epic black metal than I care for and she doesn't really like grind, Godflesh/Swans style industrial metal or noise rock, and can't stand any kind of harsh noise music, but she has good taste in black metal, death metal, and will listen to good hip-hop too.

We get into more disagreements over what movies to watch because I like really pretentious and dreary art-house films that she falls asleep to while watching.
Cernunnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #32
Recapitated
weightless

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFlesh View Post
I guess I'm lucky. My chick likes bands like cephalic carnage, immolation, converge, dillinger, dimmu, nile, genghis tron and pig destroyer. She even has a cephalic and immo shirt.
Same. Defeated sanity, Ulcerate, Spawn of possession and all those kickass bands
Recapitated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #33
Spew
Big Baby Jesus

But are they hot?
Spew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #34
disgorgeyourguts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spew View Post
But are they hot?
lol post pics of your gf dudes lets see it.
disgorgeyourguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #35
entwinedwithsickness
almost human

I met my fiancee at a Macabre show..so no such problems here now. We go to MDF every year. We've traveled all over the area for shows. I'm pretty happy this hasn't ever been a problem for us.

As a teenager I dated outside of the metal scene and it never worked out well for me. I ended up with people who forced their music on me but wouldn't give mine a shot. It isn't the music that was the problem though, its that they thought their interests were more important than mine. Fuck people like that.
entwinedwithsickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #36
Recapitated
weightless

Quote:
But are they hot?

Yes.
Recapitated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #37
Spew
Big Baby Jesus

I feel resplendent and sumptuous knowing you lost your 666 post count to my post.
Spew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #38
Lichtbringer
Kellerstahl

Rep Power: 20 Lichtbringer is a jewel in the roughLichtbringer is a jewel in the roughLichtbringer is a jewel in the rough
Thread should've been titled "Dealing with women".
Lichtbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #39
ConsumeAndBreed
Full on rapist

Quote:
You guys honestly can't remember what death metal sounded like to your virgin ears so many eons ago?

I remember. Death metal sounded to me like complete shit. I couldn't "hear" the variation in the riffage, kept trying to understand what the vocalist was saying, didn't understand the non verse-chorus-verse structure lol etc. But for some reason I just kept listening to the same indecipherable shit over and over again on my Walkman and it started to make sense, but it did take a while.

I don't think there would be many people out there that would instantly like death metal from hearing it for the first time.

ahhhh yes I remember those times sorta fondly... dm was brand new and novel to me and it just randomly sort of fell into place and started making sense.

but to answer the question you gotta kill that fuckin bitch.
ConsumeAndBreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #40
Chromaticity
erusredsteregi

I fucked a non-metal hot chick while listening to Gorguts' Obscura once, she didn't mind. Otherwise, I never tried to get one of my exes to listen to the same music as I do and basically just ignored the shitty music they listened to. The End.

Never dated a metal chick btw.

Last edited by Chromaticity; 03-20-2012 at 06:36 PM..
Chromaticity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #41
Alejandro4891

Alejandro4891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #42
flayedandskinned
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromaticity View Post

Never dated a metal chick btw.
flayedandskinned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #43
Regurgitated

I've always had a pretty big range of interests when it comes to music so I never really have a problem when it comes to this. Even when I do listen to metal, I find that my girl doesn't really mind as long as its not what I listen to 24/7, which I never do anyways.
Regurgitated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #44
Popegina
Lactation Consultant

Women who are into metal are usually annoying though
Popegina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #45
Darcangelo
Nigger trance.

if you're walking around with shit on your dick, you're bound to catch something
Darcangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #46
quartertone
Academmik musition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Shredz View Post
I told my gf (above) I like Metal and she let me do her ass to mouth on the first date so....
Classy.
quartertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:53 PM   #47
Death_Welder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreserveVitalOrgans View Post
Anyone else had to curtail their metal listening as a result of moving in with a girl?
I moved in with my gf last year and I was nervous for the same reason. I never listened to it around her, but she obviously knew I loved it. I just started listening in one headphone or two if she's watching tv. Sometimes I play it out loud and she just adapted with me. Maybe because I play music she likes sometimes too. She likes pretty much whatever's on the radio, plus metal core/numetal stuff, which I can live with. Needless to say, even after all my metal, we're engaged now, so no worries bro!
Death_Welder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #48
Robinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popegina View Post
Women who are into metal are usually annoying though
I sorta have to agree with this! I am sure not ALL female metal fans are like this but for the most part I'd say that easily more than half of them are just obnoxious try hards who drink and cuss excessively just to match the attitude of the guys within the so called 'scene.' Furthermore, I tend to notice that a lot of them only 'act' like they're into the music because they just prefer to date dudes with long hair or have this "Jesus Christ" fetish (yes, believe it or not I met some metal skank that does have such a fetish indeed) or whatever. So if I'm going to date someone, I might as well find someone that's outside of the whole scene. At least the ordinary ones aren't fake. Better off that way..

Last edited by Robinator; 03-20-2012 at 10:33 PM..
Robinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:16 PM   #49
ceddeeoo
LORD OF DARKNESS

I've gotten one of my ex-gfs into metal the exact same way everyone else gets into it, by easing the music in. You can't blast Gorguts, Suffocation and DsO and think that anyone who hasn't listened to metal before can like it. The ex-gf I'm talking about liked classic rock and some hard rock and couldn't stand metal until I started playing some Opeth. When she got into Opeth, she got into a whole heap of other bands because it was a gradual and smooth transition. But yeah i've never met a "metal chick" whom wasn't a total slut or annoying as hell.
ceddeeoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #50
Skeetsystem
THREADS DIE

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY HOMOS LISTEN TO POWER METAL? Literally homos. It's fucking astounding.

And the worst of them listened to power metal, Children of Bodom, and Cthonic.

And they don't even like good power metal like Sanctuary, or old Iced Earth, or Running Wild. They like all that Falconer and Dragonforce shit.
Skeetsystem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:31 PM   #51
Cloaca
IS HE GONE YET

Rep Power: 19 Cloaca will become famous soon enoughCloaca will become famous soon enough
^ I don't see how that's the slightest bit surprising.
Cloaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:27 AM   #52
Mol
WOMBBEATER

never dated a metal chick and never will.
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:40 AM   #53
RICE510

Rep Power: 18 RICE510 will become famous soon enoughRICE510 will become famous soon enough
I've only had a musical taste issue with one girl. She was a big 3rd wave ska fan and the constant Sublime playing/singing was fairly irritating.

All the others weren't a problem. If I'm playing host I tend to play stuff people will enjoy. Even when I've been in a serious relationship I've had enough solo time to play stuff that's me-only whether it's metal, limewax or Xenakis. Additionally, Whether contract stuff from home or in-house, I work on computers, so again, plenty of me-time music wise.

I've also never dated a metal gal. If anything I think that might cause MORE of a problem as my metal-specific taste would begin to be at odds more with whatever horrible core shit she'd be into... Girls who are passively into banal pop are much easier to tolerate.

Last edited by RICE510; 03-21-2012 at 04:43 AM..
RICE510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:55 AM   #54
Phidion

I was dating this metal chick many years ago. Good looking but annoying like hell. Crazy bitch drank me under the table and was mentally unstable to say the least. Instead of smelling like a flower/soap/sexiness she hit me with this odour of cheap booze,sour socks and cigarettes. Couldnt stand it and cut it loose.

Still see her sometimes at metal concerts, always with different ugly looking metalheads. Drunken beyond recognition...
Phidion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:18 AM   #55
Mr-Shredz
Death>Fucking>Metal

Rep Power: 5 Mr-Shredz will become famous soon enoughMr-Shredz will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phidion View Post
odour of cheap booze,sour socks and cigarettes
Hooka smellz ftw brah!
Mr-Shredz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #56
Skeetsystem
THREADS DIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca View Post
^ I don't see how that's the slightest bit surprising.
Well, it's like one of those, "OH COME ON...REALLY?!" things. It makes sense, but you still don't expect it to be 100% true. If everything that's homoerotic was actually gay then straight men would conduct themselves way differently. I mean, I can't tell you how much that Ultimate Cuddling shit is gay, but if half of the wrestlers or whatever were actually gay I'd still be shocked.
Skeetsystem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #57
Mr-Shredz
Death>Fucking>Metal

Rep Power: 5 Mr-Shredz will become famous soon enoughMr-Shredz will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetsystem View Post
Well, it's like one of those, "OH COME ON...REALLY?!" things. It makes sense, but you still don't expect it to be 100% true. If everything that's homoerotic was actually gay then straight men would conduct themselves way differently. I mean, I can't tell you how much that Ultimate Cuddling shit is gay, but if half of the wrestlers or whatever were actually gay I'd still be shocked.

Mr-Shredz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #58
UGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popegina View Post
Women are usually annoying though
fixed....voluntarily dealing with the finer points of a womans feeble and emotionally unkempt character or personality is only going to drive you into a pointless lather. What else would you expect from a thing whose physiognomy forces them to accept the physical acts of impregnation and birthing?

It's akin to trying to deal with the rednecks in Florida, they've all been driven crazy by the sun.

Last edited by UGH; 03-21-2012 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: "W"
UGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #59
Chromaticity
erusredsteregi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICE510 View Post
I've also never dated a metal gal. If anything I think that might cause MORE of a problem as my metal-specific taste would begin to be at odds more with whatever horrible core shit she'd be into... Girls who are passively into banal pop are much easier to tolerate.
THIS. Totally agree.
Chromaticity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #60
hasu
عذاب النبي

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatiano View Post
I've gotten one of my ex-gfs into metal the exact same way everyone else gets into it, by easing the music in. You can't blast Gorguts, Suffocation and DsO and think that anyone who hasn't listened to metal before can like it. The ex-gf I'm talking about liked classic rock and some hard rock and couldn't stand metal until I started playing some Opeth. When she got into Opeth, she got into a whole heap of other bands because it was a gradual and smooth transition. But yeah i've never met a "metal chick" whom wasn't a total slut or annoying as hell.
so are you saying your ex is a slut and or annoying?
hasu is offline   Reply With Quote