Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Visceral Bleeding

Visceral Bleeding Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
Mattt
ILoveBlastBeats

Post Rotten_Boy

Hey, I'm from Australia and I have a friend over in Malmö who lives very close to your house. Anyway he was the one that told me about you guys a couple of years ago and ever since I heard Remnants of Deprivation I have been admiring your fast technical drumming.

I've only been drumming about 2 years and most of this time have been practicing to your drumming and immitating techniques to make me better aside from the basic rudiments and practice things that most drummers do I have been practicing double kicking and blast beats just like you use. I know it's different when you're not recording, my band have done a few gigs and recordings but when I'm at home drumming by my self I come up with alot different stuff.
I still use my original kit which is a Pearl Forum but I was hoping if you ever had some time to write down your equipment and preffered skins/sticks things like that. It's not usually that I get to ask a brutal drummer such as yourself a question like this.. but I thought I would give it a try since you guys are all so friendly on this forum.

Thanks for any help man.

Last edited by Mattt; 02-10-2008 at 09:07 PM..
Mattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:43 AM   #2
Rotten_Boy

Hey man..

Cool to hear that you're practicing to V.B songs, I take that as a big complimant. I usually do the same, practice to bands and drummers that influence me such as John Longstreth (Origin), Mario Duplantier (Gojira), James King (last Origin album) and a bunch of other drummers and bands. I even practice to various hip-hop and r'n'b sometimes just cause I like to play a bit simpler grooves and stuff. Good for warming up..

As for my gear, I'm endorsed by the following brands:

Adams drums: I have an Adams 8000 - Ebony finish with golden hardware. Their 8000 series is the best one they have and it sounds awesome. A bit like Pearl's MMX series. I used my Adams kit on the last album "Absorbing..".
I have two 22"x18" bassdrums, two toms in front that are 10"x8" and 12"x9" and then a third tom on my left which is 14"x10". Then a floortom on my right which is 16"x16". All my hardware is Pearl's latest which I bought a couple of years before I got the endorsement with Adams.

I'm also endorsed by Anatolian cymbals, Trick Pro-1V Big foot pedals and Silverfox drumsticks (I use their size 1A which is a bit longer than normal and just slightly thinner than a standard 5B).

I also use an Alesis DM5 trigger-module and for skins I always go with Remo. Either Pinstripes or Ambassadors. For "Absorbing.." I used Ambassadors cause I wanted a bit more tone out of my drums which you don't get as much with Pinstripes.

So there you go!
If you have any other questions then just feel free to ask.
Good luck with your drumming, cheers!

/Tobbe.

Last edited by Rotten_Boy; 02-11-2008 at 07:57 AM..
Rotten_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:06 PM   #3
Mattt
ILoveBlastBeats

Wow dude, that's more then enough information haha. This helps alot!

Those sticks sound interesting, I've always used 7A's or 5B's. I also use Remo Pinstripes but havn't changed them in years hehe. I've heard about the DM5 trigger-module, it sounds decent a great purchase. Do you use your own sound for the kicks in the module or one of the defaults? I got a DDRUM trigger last week but my module doesn't work with them.. considering it's an old cheap Legend module that's understandable haha but, because of this I've been looking into what module to buy since I already have the trigger. Also I use a single bassdrum, simply because when I had two previously it was hard to get them to sound exactly the same do you ever have that problem?

Sorry for all the questions dude this is some great advice.

By the way, I tend to play to slower music and groove because it feels fun haha. Oh! Just thought I'd say the most weird thing is that banjo in one of your songs, I can't remember which but I remember hearing it and I was just like.. what the fuck haha was it a clip or can one of the guys actually play a banjo? :p
Old 02-14-2008, 01:44 PM   #4
Rotten_Boy

Well, the cool thing about Silverfox drumsticks is that they have a coating on them, kinda like Regal but they suck cause as soon as you get sweaty palms they shoot out of hands! With Silverfox the warmer you get the better grip you get of the sticks. To draw a parallell it's kinda like F-1 tires, they get better grip when they're warm.
So if you can get a hold of them in Australia you should definitely check them out.

As for the trigger I use the default sounds, don't think you can sample your own sounds into that module. But I'm a technical retard so I could be wrong haha. Most drummers I know use either Alesis D4 or Ddrum modules. Ddrums have a lot of advantages but Alesis is much easier to use I think.

The banjo yeah hehe. That one threw a lot of people off. Actually it was Marcus, our old and original leadguitarist, that recorded that little riff. Nothing hard at all to play but he doesn't play the banjo otherwise, although I'm sure he could learn in an instant. They just rented a banjo in a local music shop and recorded it quickly.

You should check out our two other albums as well if you haven't: "Transcend into Ferocity" and the new one "Absorbing the Disarray". Those are the ones that I play drums on, Dennis recorded the drums for Remnants..

Cheers..
Old 02-15-2008, 12:42 AM   #5
Mattt
ILoveBlastBeats

Thumbs up Silverfox!

Those sticks sound awesome! I'm going to have to purchase them online since they only sell them in another state here, but thanks for that dude I'll definately get my hands on a pair.. mabey with plastic tips. I only use plastic tips because they last a bit longer and don't turn square from hitting the cymbals heh.

Well thanks alot for all your help Tobbe and goodluck with your future brutal drumming. Hope to see you guys in Australia soon and if you do, be sure to watch for me in the front pack. :)

~Matt
Old 12-29-2010, 02:45 AM   #6
Mattt
ILoveBlastBeats

VB Merch &Dreadhistory?

Just got my first Visceral Bleeding T-Shirt!

Despite being a fan for many years, I finally
was able to purchase an Absorbing the Disarray
shirt from the Neurotic Records website for only
US14.99 and haven't taken it off since. hah

Also not sure if Rotten_Boy is around these forums
anymore but was wondering about the history of
your dreads as I have had mine for around 3 months
now and to be honest some of the band photos and
video clips of them were my inspiration.

appreciate your time,
Mattt
Old 01-05-2011, 04:37 AM   #7
gein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattt View Post
Just got my first Visceral Bleeding T-Shirt!

Despite being a fan for many years, I finally
was able to purchase an Absorbing the Disarray
shirt from the Neurotic Records website for only
US14.99 and haven't taken it off since. hah

Also not sure if Rotten_Boy is around these forums
anymore but was wondering about the history of
your dreads as I have had mine for around 3 months
now and to be honest some of the band photos and
video clips of them were my inspiration.

appreciate your time,
Mattt
awesome
try willowtip next time.
visceral bleeding fucking rules. all three albums are criminally underrated. one of the most under appreciated dm bands ever. thank you VB for making quality music. it has made a considerable difference in my life.
love you guyz
<3
gein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:08 AM   #8
Rotten_Boy

Dreads

Hey Mattt. Haven't been in here for quite some time now. To answer your question, well, I got my first dreads when I was 19 and kept those for four years then cut them off. Went a year with normal hair and hated it so I got dreads again, this time properly done (with the crochet technique), with extensions in them at first cause my hair wasn't long enough to make proper dreads. But after a couple of years it was and I could take out the extensions.
I'm flattered that I was your main inspiration to get dreadlocks, hope you feel as comfortable in them as I do. My first inspiration to get dreadlocks were actually Jonathan Davis from Korn. Was heavily in to those guys in my twenties :)

Cheers!

Last edited by Rotten_Boy; 01-29-2011 at 09:13 AM..
Old 01-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #9
Rotten_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gein View Post
awesome
try willowtip next time.
visceral bleeding fucking rules. all three albums are criminally underrated. one of the most under appreciated dm bands ever. thank you VB for making quality music. it has made a considerable difference in my life.
love you guyz
<3
Glad to hear it Gein. We're working on our forth full-length album right now. So far we have four songs ready that I've written and they're way more insane than anything we've written before guitarwise.
Also doing another sweep for a new leadguitarist since we haven't been able to find a suitable one yet. So there's a lot of things going on as of lately.
Thanks for the support! Cheers..

Last edited by Rotten_Boy; 01-29-2011 at 09:14 AM..