SMNnews Forums SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > The Dillinger Escape Plan

The Dillinger Escape Plan Website

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 01:51 AM   #31
jabberwocky
Pikawhat?
 
jabberwocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 472
Rep Power: 10
jabberwocky slam gang member
Is it possible for me to buy you a drink if you ever come to Edmonton?

Do you like vegan sloppy joes?
jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:52 AM   #32
HairyKrishna
Registered User
 
HairyKrishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: chicago-ish
Posts: 436
Rep Power: 12
HairyKrishna slam gang member
I heard the dudes from Meshuggah taught you to program drums with DFH and Cubase. Are you writing the drum parts for the new stuff yourself, or are you letting Rymer do it?
__________________
http://www.myspace.com/hairykrishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Weinman View Post
Got to love all them different titties
HairyKrishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:52 AM   #33
Ben Weinman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 42
Rep Power: 0
Ben Weinman slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandorasSecret View Post
I doubt you know this yet but will there be any guest vocalists on this record like there was on Ire Works?
prob will be
Ben Weinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:53 AM   #34
Ben Weinman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 42
Rep Power: 0
Ben Weinman slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwocky View Post
Is it possible for me to buy you a drink if you ever come to Edmonton?

Do you like vegan sloppy joes?
I dont drink but ill take the food bro
Ben Weinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:54 AM   #35
HairyKrishna
Registered User
 
HairyKrishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: chicago-ish
Posts: 436
Rep Power: 12
HairyKrishna slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Weinman View Post
Also have midi drums for ire works I would like to give to some peeps who are into that stuff.
Hells yeah.
__________________
http://www.myspace.com/hairykrishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Weinman View Post
Got to love all them different titties
HairyKrishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:54 AM   #36
kimbie
Registered User
 
kimbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 261
Rep Power: 11
kimbie slam gang member
Do you accept non-alcoholic beverages? And/or hands in friendship?
kimbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:56 AM   #37
Ben Weinman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 42
Rep Power: 0
Ben Weinman slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyKrishna View Post
I heard the dudes from Meshuggah taught you to program drums with DFH and Cubase. Are you writing the drum parts for the new stuff yourself, or are you letting Rymer do it?
they didnt teach me to use it but introduced me to the program and answered a few questions for me. Those guys are next level man. I have been writing a lot of the drum parts but Rymer is starting to pull some shit out that is ridiculous and his drum and bass type playing is adding some insane elements to our sound. He is much more aggressive then any drummer we have ever played with and I can't even believe how quickly he is learning the beats I have given him. WE are super lucky to have found him.
Ben Weinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:57 AM   #38
Ben Weinman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 42
Rep Power: 0
Ben Weinman slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbie View Post
Do you accept non-alcoholic beverages? And/or hands in friendship?
I only drink water and coffee. Mostly just the water that is in coffee though.
Ben Weinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:01 AM   #39
kimbie
Registered User
 
kimbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 261
Rep Power: 11
kimbie slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Weinman View Post
I only drink water and coffee. Mostly just the water that is in coffee though.
Nice. Well, free water for you next time you're in Perth then. I think I'll stop posting now and let people with actual serious questions do the posting...
kimbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:01 AM   #40
FrequencyAssBandit
Sexual Tyrannosaurus
 
FrequencyAssBandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vegas
Posts: 163
Rep Power: 10
FrequencyAssBandit slam gang member
Any plans for more side projects/contributions to albums like the recent Ephel Duath album?

Any stand out elements in the new album such as the more electronic feel of Ire Works, also anything on the release similar to the When Acting/Nong Eye Gong set of songs?

Faith No More and DEP tour make it happen brah!

Can I have a job? I work for cheap.
FrequencyAssBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:02 AM   #41
ringo_shells
Failed Human.
 
ringo_shells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Melbourne, AU
Posts: 386
Rep Power: 11
ringo_shells slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Weinman View Post
I only drink water and coffee. Mostly just the water that is in coffee though.
how do you have it? where on the scale from "instant black coffee" to "99% whipped cream and crushed ice orange syrup mocha et cetera" are we here?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyKrishna View Post
I would whole-heartedly support a sovereign nation run by the Dillinger Escape Plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Weinman View Post
Faith No More asked us to play their headline shows in Europe but we cant do it. I want to shoot myself in the tip of my dick.
ringo_shells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:03 AM   #42
whocares?
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7
Rep Power: 0
whocares? slam gang member
Will the next album be a concept album?
whocares? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:04 AM   #43
jAtFhIm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 47
Rep Power: 0
jAtFhIm slam gang member
Have you ever considered putting up all the tracks to songs so people could remix them like NIN does?

And will you ever make tabs to your songs? I made a power tab for 'Sunshine the Werewolf' http://powertabs.net/tablature.php?id=29151. I'm not sure how good it is.

Lastly, any tips for an aspiring guitarist/composer of crazy music that everybody seems to hate? For instance, what kind of exercises do you work on for speed and accuracy?
jAtFhIm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:06 AM   #44
Ben Weinman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 42
Rep Power: 0
Ben Weinman slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrequencyAssBandit View Post
Any plans for more side projects/contributions to albums like the recent Ephel Duath album?

Any stand out elements in the new album such as the more electronic feel of Ire Works, also anything on the release similar to the When Acting/Nong Eye Gong set of songs?

Faith No More and DEP tour make it happen brah!

Can I have a job? I work for cheap.
So far what stands out is the more metal note choice. Very thrash. But still dillinger if that makes any sense. I'm sure some of my electronic or piano oriented stuff may make an appearance. Billy's pissed off aggressive playing is def pushing things. I can't wait to hear what Greg does with this stuff though. I'm sure he is going to be on another level. He is ready to explode.

Faith No More asked us to play their headline shows in Europe but we cant do it. I want to shoot myself in the tip of my dick. Maybe we can get on some later this summer or in the fall if they do anymore.

YOu can come water my fucking plants and pet my dog if you want.

oh and yeah ill be doing side project stuff. All kinds of stuff. And still doing remixes periodically.

Last edited by Ben Weinman; 05-27-2009 at 02:12 AM.
Ben Weinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:07 AM   #45
oldirtydep
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7
Rep Power: 0
oldirtydep slam gang member
In the past, you guys have put out some pretty awesome vinyl: the backwards playing 7", calculating picture disc, and Ire works on grey being my personal favs... now that you're splitting from relapse are there any plans for the new record on wax? And aesthetically speaking, what has been your favorite DEP release?
oldirtydep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:08 AM   #46
Ben Weinman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 42
Rep Power: 0
Ben Weinman slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jAtFhIm View Post
Have you ever considered putting up all the tracks to songs so people could remix them like NIN does?

And will you ever make tabs to your songs? I made a power tab for 'Sunshine the Werewolf' http://powertabs.net/tablature.php?id=29151. I'm not sure how good it is.

Lastly, any tips for an aspiring guitarist/composer of crazy music that everybody seems to hate? For instance, what kind of exercises do you work on for speed and accuracy?
I dont think i will ever personally make tabs. I have turned down some tab books and instructional video offers. I'm not really into that kind of thing. I really think its great that people are out there tabbing this stuff though and figuring it out.
Ben Weinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:10 AM   #47
Ben Weinman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 42
Rep Power: 0
Ben Weinman slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldirtydep View Post
In the past, you guys have put out some pretty awesome vinyl: the backwards playing 7", calculating picture disc, and Ire works on grey being my personal favs... now that you're splitting from relapse are there any plans for the new record on wax? And aesthetically speaking, what has been your favorite DEP release?
Yeah we will do more cool stuff like that. The packaging for the next record is going to be out of control. Just wait till you see it.

Ire works is up there I have to say. Everyone is special in it's own way. Kind of like ex girlfriends or some shit. Got to love all them different titties
Ben Weinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:12 AM   #48
Ben Weinman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 42
Rep Power: 0
Ben Weinman slam gang member
OK i'm going to bed. I will try and answer some more in the morn. Thanks guys!!!
Ben Weinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:13 AM   #49
HairyKrishna
Registered User
 
HairyKrishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: chicago-ish
Posts: 436
Rep Power: 12
HairyKrishna slam gang member
"One day DEP is gonna take over some cool location and declare independence and we'll invite you all and we'll play loud music and do cool shit and barbecue every night and tell the rest of the world to suck it. " -GP

How long until this happens?
__________________
http://www.myspace.com/hairykrishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Weinman View Post
Got to love all them different titties
HairyKrishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:16 AM   #50
whocares?
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7
Rep Power: 0
whocares? slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Weinman View Post
OK i'm going to bed. I will try and answer some more in the morn. Thanks guys!!!
nighty poos
whocares? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:27 AM   #51
PandorasSecret
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 167
Rep Power: 10
PandorasSecret slam gang member
How far along is the DVD?
PandorasSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:35 AM   #52
jAtFhIm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 47
Rep Power: 0
jAtFhIm slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Weinman View Post
I dont think i will ever personally make tabs. I have turned down some tab books and instructional video offers. I'm not really into that kind of thing. I really think its great that people are out there tabbing this stuff though and figuring it out.
An instructional video would be insane, but I get where you are coming from. I don't think I'd be too into it either. I can't teach worth shit.

2009 is looking like a good year for music. What new albums are you excited about? Aside from new DEP, I'm excited for new Between the Buried and Me, new Mars Volta, and new AFI (I saw you guys with them twice. In Chicago, where the metal barrier behind me broke from me being slammed into it too many times during your set; and in Cleveland, where it was 110 degrees outside with no A/C inside. I almost passed out in the pit. Great times!)

Edit: I just remembered you said you don't really listen to anything, so whatever. Stevegolf's question(s) on the next page is better.

Last edited by jAtFhIm; 05-27-2009 at 12:10 PM.
jAtFhIm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:39 AM   #53
M2D2
Shinji Ikari
 
M2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 10
M2D2 slam gang member
1. When do you realize that knee pads were essential?
2. Are you envious of tuttles hair?
3. How many songs of Ire Works havent you played live yet?
4. How many Guitars do you go through a year/Is that why you use LTD's?
5. Worst/best show you have played on the Ire Works touring cycle
M2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:46 AM   #54
HairyKrishna
Registered User
 
HairyKrishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: chicago-ish
Posts: 436
Rep Power: 12
HairyKrishna slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jAtFhIm View Post
In Chicago, where the metal barrier behind me broke from me being slammed into it too many times during your set; and in Cleveland, where it was 110 degrees outside with no A/C inside. I almost passed out in the pit. Great times!)
I was at the Chicago show. If you stayed to meet the band afterwards, then I probably met you, stranger.


Ben: Greg is always pretty open about his political opinions, and I imagine you have yours as well. I wonder if you have any thoughts about the California Supreme Court's decision to uphold Proposition 8 (if you don't mind descending into the mire of politics.)
__________________
http://www.myspace.com/hairykrishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Weinman View Post
Got to love all them different titties
HairyKrishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:56 AM   #55
dave texas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 199
Rep Power: 12
dave texas slam gang member
dear gentle Ben,

1) i think i read somewhere that Ire Works was recorded to tape. that true? if yeah, same with the new record?

2) you know Dave from Minus The Bear/Botch. could you maybe coax him into doing a few Botch shows?

3) do you or anyone you know have video footage of Sean Ingram doing that Krazyfest set with Dilllinger? i'd kill to see that!
dave texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:31 AM   #56
The Dom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
The Dom slam gang member
Are you going to play any special basement shows in Europe too? That would be sweet (and insane I guess ;))
The Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:08 AM   #57
elizardhc
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hermosillo
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
elizardhc slam gang member
When the fuck are you going to Mexico? I'm the guy who harasses your ass on twitter.
elizardhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:22 AM   #58
ConfusionBay
۝ ۝ ۝ ۝ ۝
 
ConfusionBay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 620
Rep Power: 10
ConfusionBay slam gang member
I'm going to travel for 7 hours to see you in sweden so you better kickass or come play in my basement in Denmark. I will buy you a drink of water next time you come here, first time hearing you was Roskilde and it was fucking kickass.

Btw is it true Greg likes hentai ?
ConfusionBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:51 AM   #59
ringo_shells
Failed Human.
 
ringo_shells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Melbourne, AU
Posts: 386
Rep Power: 11
ringo_shells slam gang member
Speaking of Greg, how true is the obsession with tuna? (I can't remember where i heard that)

Also does Liam have many life lessons, wrapped in tales of woodworking?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyKrishna View Post
I would whole-heartedly support a sovereign nation run by the Dillinger Escape Plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Weinman View Post
Faith No More asked us to play their headline shows in Europe but we cant do it. I want to shoot myself in the tip of my dick.
ringo_shells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:57 AM   #60
elizardhc
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hermosillo
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
elizardhc slam gang member
Could you explain your tattoos? I've seen the ones you've got in your shoulders/arms, and I find them quite obnoxious. I know for a fact you don't drink, are you straight edge?
elizardhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SMNnews.com: 2002 -