Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Augury
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Augury Website

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
Dexter_prog

Dexter_prog slam gang member
Tabs

Hey. Sorry to bother again. I am making a (guitar-pro) tab for The Lair Of Purity and I am having problems with the tempo. Could it be that it goes like this:

Intro and right before the faster arpeggios before distortion: 152 bpm
Faster arpeggios: 170bpm
Distortion: 180bpm
Verse: begins at 180 and goes up to 185
Bridge (the arpegios with the legattos): 180

I know it sounds really weird but I have the feeling the tempo is going up and down.

If anyone is curious and has guitar-pro can check my tab so far here:

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=75785

pd: I know you play it on baritone and 6-string guitars tuned to B, but I will change it when I finish the tab.

Last edited by Dexter_prog; 11-23-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Dexter_prog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #2
Claude

Claude is an unknown quantity at this point
according to my friend's (rather accurate I would think) tab your tempo markings are pretty close to spot on :)

EDIT: do you mind converting it to GP4 since my gp 5 hasn't been updated and I can't read your file! :(

I need to get back to work on that Alien Shores tab already...

Last edited by Claude; 11-23-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:10 PM   #3
Dexter_prog

Does your friend agree that the tempo goes faster during the first verse and not during the 2nd verse?

Here's the .gp4. I've completed it up to the chorus (damn, I love that chorus :D)

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=75785

Last edited by Dexter_prog; 11-23-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
Claude

I haven't spoken to him, but based on close listening it does seem like it. Maybe Pat can comment and tell us if Etienne used a click track on Concealed??

btw that's still a GP5 file XD

EDIT: Here's what I have done of Alien Shores so far for all those interested. You're welcome to add to it if you wish! :)

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=75765

Last edited by Claude; 11-23-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:28 PM   #5
Dexter_prog

Sorry, I uploaded the wrong file, ahha. I fixed the links now.

pd: I like your tab, it sounds good!

Last edited by Dexter_prog; 11-23-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #6
The Grimmel Praug

The Grimmel Praug slam gang member
Those are good tabs. I am glad to see some Augury tabs. If only the bass were easier to hear, and I had a 6-string,
The Grimmel Praug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:11 PM   #7
Blootaka

Blootaka slam gang member
When I download those files, they show up as 0 byte files.

Any chance you could put them on another site, or email em to me or something?
Blootaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #8
Dexter_prog

Well I am making some changes to the tab because I have a 7-string guitar and not a 6-string gutiar tuned in B, so I have to change some things in the tab. When I do that I will post it on another site.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:48 AM   #9
fragmentaryEvidence
atonal madness

fragmentaryEvidence slam gang member
If you guys needs some help, I have a tab that their manager sent to me, seems fucking close.
fragmentaryEvidence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #10
Dexter_prog

A tab for The Lair Of Purity? Sure, send it to me
Old 01-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #11
fragmentaryEvidence
atonal madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_prog View Post
I have email-it to you, give me your feedback. there will be some tempo modifications i think eheh
Old 01-27-2009, 08:00 PM   #12
fragmentaryEvidence
atonal madness

Quote:
Fucking hotmail says the sending of message failed, so there's the link;http://uploading.com/files/M8MAL47E/...urity.gp4.html

There is a couples bars missing, but I think there's an updated version so you have to just ask them on myspace ...

Give me feedback!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #13
Merfolk

Merfolk slam gang member
Hello

Actualy, we never used click tracks, much to the chagrin of our soundmen ; Etienne would have gladly followed one, but these are complex to program and songs were modified on last minute...

I lack time to do the tabs (I am a high school teacher and have a custom guitar shop among many other things) and I couldn't open your files. However, I consider it quite an honor that people from a far put such work to learn and write down songs I wrote. It's been a long way for me. I started playing guitar in high school (that is 1981 folks!!!) and since then I had to dodge so many attempts to steer me out of music, constantly being told that nobody would have any interest in it and that I myself would loose interest in it before I graduate! It's been 25 years since I first walked onstage with a guitar. I think I am realy patient :)
Merfolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:06 AM   #14
Dexter_prog

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragmentaryEvidence View Post
Fucking hotmail says the sending of message failed, so there's the link;http://uploading.com/files/M8MAL47E/...urity.gp4.html

There is a couples bars missing, but I think there's an updated version so you have to just ask them on myspace ...

Give me feedback!
It has some mistakes, but it will help me on my tab!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merfolk View Post
Hello

Actualy, we never used click tracks, much to the chagrin of our soundmen ; Etienne would have gladly followed one, but these are complex to program and songs were modified on last minute...

I lack time to do the tabs (I am a high school teacher and have a custom guitar shop among many other things) and I couldn't open your files. However, I consider it quite an honor that people from a far put such work to learn and write down songs I wrote. It's been a long way for me. I started playing guitar in high school (that is 1981 folks!!!) and since then I had to dodge so many attempts to steer me out of music, constantly being told that nobody would have any interest in it and that I myself would loose interest in it before I graduate! It's been 25 years since I first walked onstage with a guitar. I think I am realy patient :)
Nice to hear that, man. I wonder who the fuck will tell someone in Canada that they can't make good music, haha, but whatever, I am glad you gave a shit about those comments! Keep up the good work

When I finish my tab I will post it also in .jpeg formats so you can give it a look if you want to
Old 01-31-2009, 12:07 PM   #15
fragmentaryEvidence
atonal madness

Quote:

Nice to hear that, man. I wonder who the fuck will tell someone in Canada that they can't make good music, haha, but whatever, I am glad you gave a shit about those comments! Keep up the good work

When I finish my tab I will post it also in .jpeg formats so you can give it a look if you want to
Eheh, i'm living where pat grown up and I can tell you the metal scene kinda sucks
Old 01-31-2009, 12:10 PM   #16
fragmentaryEvidence
atonal madness

Hey Pat, i've read in the booklet of Concealed the special thanks, and I have seen Sebastien Caza written. And he's my teacher! So I was wondering how are you guys related ?
Old 02-01-2009, 01:14 AM   #17
Claude

,etal Scene in Montreal sucks? You should see elsewhere... the metal scene is AWESOME in Montreal. Unless you're referring to a more specific location?
Old 02-01-2009, 11:13 AM   #18
fragmentaryEvidence
atonal madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Doodl3.2 View Post
,etal Scene in Montreal sucks? You should see elsewhere... the metal scene is AWESOME in Montreal. Unless you're referring to a more specific location?
I'm living in the west suburbs of Montreal, I'm unable to insult my country lol! Yeah I was refering to the place where Pat lived; Vaudreuil-Soulanges. It includes Valleyfiled, St-Lazarre, Vaudreuil-Dorion, Pincourt, Ile-Perrot, Notre-Dame de L'Île-Perrot, etc. Anyway, there's former members of BTM in St-Laz, Steph Paré (from Disconcert music and ex-Quo Vadis) and Bart Frydrychowicz lives out there now ... There's something like 3 metal shows per year, don't know what happenned with the promoter. Anyway, I can understand what Pat felt, people have so much prejudices on metalheads.

But since anyway cares i'll end up that way
Old 02-02-2009, 08:51 AM   #19
Merfolk

Merfolk slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragmentaryEvidence View Post
Hey Pat, i've read in the booklet of Concealed the special thanks, and I have seen Sebastien Caza written. And he's my teacher! So I was wondering how are you guys related ?
I grew up in Valleyfield and could watch the regattas from my dock!

Sebast Caza was a good friend of mine in the 80's; we jammed rush and Maiden together, he is actually the first person I know to own a bass with 5 strings.
Even though he always been very friendly, he is indeed one of the first to tell that extreme metal would go unnoticed. Then, the pressure to go commercial was way worse. I gave it a try and quickly regretted

In that area, the city hall had shows interrupted because of a mosh pit. My old band Foreshadow has been banned from playing for two full years in my home town, room owners would receive a call the very day we announced the show! And it's the only area where I go denied a job because of my association with metal. I'm glad I moved out, the only thing I miss there is my fishing spot under Mgr Langlois bridge (Walleye, Bass and Muskie at 4 AM...HEE HAA!!!!!!!!)
Old 02-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #20
fragmentaryEvidence
atonal madness

Quote:
I grew up in Valleyfield and could watch the regattas from my dock!

Sebast Caza was a good friend of mine in the 80's; we jammed rush and Maiden together, he is actually the first person I know to own a bass with 5 strings.
Even though he always been very friendly, he is indeed one of the first to tell that extreme metal would go unnoticed. Then, the pressure to go commercial was way worse. I gave it a try and quickly regretted

In that area, the city hall had shows interrupted because of a mosh pit. My old band Foreshadow has been banned from playing for two full years in my home town, room owners would receive a call the very day we announced the show! And it's the only area where I go denied a job because of my association with metal. I'm glad I moved out, the only thing I miss there is my fishing spot under Mgr Langlois bridge (Walleye, Bass and Muskie at 4 AM...HEE HAA!!!!!!!!)
The regattas and city hall shows still rocks haha! I hope you'll make a show again in Ile Perrot, t'was so sick last time ... Anyway I don't know if you kept in touch with Sebast but he never stoped experimented with his basses since, I think, he has some extended range and had some fretless ones, did his cegep with piano, real studio geek, multitude projects ... Anyway it would be cool if you come to the shop someday !
Old 02-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #21
Jesterhat

Jesterhat slam gang member
Ohhh I've always wanted to learn how to play this piece but I could never figure it out by ear... It reaches a level of "epic" that simply cannot be quantified with words... I haven't heard a song pull off the heavily distorted/palm muted rhythm tracks based around arpeggios so well... The acapella part is absolutely astonishing... (and then the solo!! there's a few bits where I don't have a clue how he transitions between notes -they just appear out of nowhere...)

I wonder where the band got the inspiration for this one...

As was pointed out, the old link is clearly dead... Any chance we could get a sneak peek at the final product a bit early? :) I doubt I can contribute much :(, but perhaps I can help with corrections?
Jesterhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #22
Aldarius

Aldarius slam gang member
Sorry to perform some necromancy on this topic, but i cant open the alien shores tab
Can someone share a working one please?

Thanks in advance :)
Aldarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:46 PM   #23
Claude

So I was working on a Skyless tab and was a full minute into it; but then I saw them live yesterday and noticed I was completely wrong. Damn, back to the drawing board I go! Although from the sound of Aetheral on their myspace, I'm pretty sure the new songs will be easier to tab given the mix!

Pat, a lot of times I hear duplet chords during some of your really fast, speed picked sections (usually in thirds). Do Matt and yourself split that chord and speed pick a single note or you just bludgeon through the entire chord?

Example, do you do this:

|--------------
|--------------
|--------------
|-2-2-2-2-2-2-
|-3-3-3-3-3-3-
|--------------

or this:

|--------------
|--------------
|--------------
|-2-2-2-2-2-2-
|--------------
|--------------

|--------------
|--------------
|--------------
|--------------
|-3-3-3-3-3-3-
|--------------

Last edited by Claude; 06-29-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #24
Merfolk

Merfolk slam gang member
Pretty much both, depending on the speed. For various health reasons, when it comes to rhythm guitars, I am by far the lesser player in Augury, to the point I almost made the move to seek another guitarist and just sing. I have bone deformities and polyps in my ribcage and under the right shoulder blade that make me wanna jump in front of a train from times to times. At times, areas in my arms and hands hurt as well and this hindered my playing. Yet recently I felt a bit better and decided to keep with the dual job for another year or two. I am building myself a guitar that has a scale of only 24 " to ease my tendons...cross my fingers!
So I prefer to reserve my fast picking for single strings riffs most of the time! Renders me more efficient! :)
Old 07-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #25
Litany21

Litany21 slam gang member
Holy crap that's insane! From the live clips I've seen online, you can't tell of any pain or etc.

Well it certainly doesn't show in your guitar playing on record....and live in October
Litany21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #26
SirUnnar

SirUnnar slam gang member
Quote:
Hello

Hi

I noticed you say you never used click tracks? Not even when recording the new album? Is this possible?
SirUnnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:55 PM   #27
bobbilly

bobbilly slam gang member
Is by any chance someone is tabing the new stuff
bobbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #28
Basstard

Basstard slam gang member
I tabbed the bass for Simian Cattle. I'm not sure if it's 100% correct, but I think it's pretty close. Tell me if anyone is interest. I just don't know how to upload it.
Basstard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:08 PM   #29
bobbilly

bobbilly slam gang member
I'm interested
bobbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:12 PM   #30
SPC

SPC slam gang member
www.sendspace.com

I wanna see it :)
SPC is offline   Reply With Quote