Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 39 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2006, 09:57 PM   #1
HatredEmbodied

Reviews of "WAR ZONE"

Unbound Zine
http://www.unboundzine.com/nr97.html

"Jungle Rot is a band that I’ve listened to since I was doing my first ‘zine Engulfed in Gore. So needless to say this is a band that I am very familiar with and a band that never fails to impress me. Jungle Rot is simplistic death metal with throws together classic Bolt Thrower rhythmic chunks with Slayer styled thrash. Its old school in nature yet never fails to live up to the heaviness of the current crop of death metal bands. I find it hilarious that this is basically the style that Six Feet Under tries to play and they just fail miserably. Jungle Rot mange to keep things straight forward but still keep things interesting musically and while it may not be anything overly new for the genre the riffs are so infectious that you look past that fact. This is also definitely the best sounding album yet from Jungle Rot with a heavy and thick production that has very energetic sound. The band has never been about creating incredibly layered albums and this is no different. You have bass, vocals, drums and a few layers of guitars and that is it. I’m glad to see that Jungle Rot are still plugging away and releasing quality albums after all this time. This is easily the best album yet from Jungle Rot."
HatredEmbodied is offline   Reply With Quote