Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Labels & Distro Outlets > Brutal Bands
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Brutal Bands Website

Old 09-11-2007, 12:14 AM   #1
Brutal Bands
brutalbands.net

Brutal Bands slam gang member
Brutal Bands signs distribution deal with Cargo Music

Today, September 10, 2007, Brutal Bands and Cargo Music signed a contract for exclusive distribution of all Brutal Bands/Extreme Underground releases for the territories of the United States of America for all indie record shops, chain stores, one-stops, and online retailers.

Brutal Bands founder Scott Ellingboe had this to say: “I’m very happy to finally have retail distribution in the US for our BB and EU releases. I’m confident that with Cargo Music on our side, sales will increase and so will the overall awareness of our label and roster of quality death metal bands.”

Gabor "Gubby" Szvoboda of Cargo Music adds: "Cargo Music, Inc. is proud to announce that we have entered into an exclusive distribution agreement with Brutal Bands/Extreme Underground. Cargo Music has followed the progression and development of Brutal Bands/Extreme Underground for awhile now and we look forward to working closely together with Brutal Bands/Extreme Underground to help raise the labels, and their bands profiles, in the U.S. marketplace."

Last edited by Brutal Bands; 09-15-2007 at 10:09 AM.
Brutal Bands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:20 AM   #2
Transient
i wont

Transient beat up jewski
so whats this mean... say

youll be able to find the nailshitter EP in FYE/best buy? or is it smaller than that

if it means youll be able to find them in fye/best buy that is HUGE news both for you as the owner and for the bands!!!
Transient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:11 PM   #3
modern death
Hails

modern death beat up jewski
FUCK YEAH. Great news, Scott. Happy for you! This could be big for BB!!!
modern death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:14 PM   #4
Brutal Bands
brutalbands.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient View Post
so whats this mean... say

youll be able to find the nailshitter EP in FYE/best buy? or is it smaller than that

if it means youll be able to find them in fye/best buy that is HUGE news both for you as the owner and for the bands!!!
Well, I don't have a list of all stores of course, so I'm not sure. But I would assume those two stores are on the list. Does it mean our releases will be in every store. I highly doubt it. I know in MN, at best you might find Century Media, Relapse Records, and Nuclear Blast releases in those big name stores, and even then they don't stock every release from these big name labels.

But it does mean that our releases will be the that big database that all these stores have access to when stocking their shelves. Whereas in the past our releases where not in that database. So now, there is at least an option for our releases to be in many stores. Whether they actually get there is yet to be seen I guess. It's now up to our distributor with our help of course to convince stores to carry our releases. Getting our releases in all the big name online retailers is a given, and same goes for all the smaller indie metal shops. But pushing our releases into big name retail stores will still be a challenge.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:17 PM   #5
Brutal Bands
brutalbands.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten_second_infinity View Post
FUCK YEAH. Great news, Scott. Happy for you! This could be big for BB!!!
Thanks! Yes, this is good news. They are a smaller distributor, but it's all about getting our foot in the door.

We're also in talks with some retail distributors in Europe as well, so hopefully something will work out there as well within the upcoming weeks.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:11 PM   #6
Transient
i wont

Transient beat up jewski
hey!
i can tell you from my personal experiences that FYE has a pretty good selection. CM, relapse and metalblade releases (particularly releases from the past 2 years) are very easy to find. ill be happy to go check out some local malls and let you know if your stuff is in stock whenever this goes into effect

congrats , thats a big step!
Transient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #7
Brutal Bands
brutalbands.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient View Post
hey!
i can tell you from my personal experiences that FYE has a pretty good selection. CM, relapse and metalblade releases (particularly releases from the past 2 years) are very easy to find. ill be happy to go check out some local malls and let you know if your stuff is in stock whenever this goes into effect

congrats , thats a big step!
Yes, I can believe that. Those are some of biggest metal labels in the world. I know that Cargo Music has also been distributing Unmatched Brutality for a while now. So if anyone ever sees Unmatched Brutality releases in stores, then you will most likely see ours as well here eventually. It will probably be at least a month or so before any or our releases start to make there way into any stores.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:04 AM   #8
modern death
Hails

modern death beat up jewski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal Bands View Post
Thanks! Yes, this is good news. They are a smaller distributor, but it's all about getting our foot in the door.

We're also in talks with some retail distributors in Europe as well, so hopefully something will work out there as well within the upcoming weeks.
Good to see BB getting the recognition it deserves.
modern death is offline   Reply With Quote