SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Twelfth Gate

Twelfth Gate Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Old 09-04-2005, 07:00 PM   #1
Selppinevoli

Therion concert review (they'll be in Chicago 9/7!)

I wrote this review on another board, so I'll just copy and paste it here:

All I can say is WOW! I had been looking forward to this concert since March, and the day finally came. A nice 8 hour drive to our brothers up north (my first time in Canada ever, a nice 1000 mile round trip, so much for conserving gas hehe), and the agonizing wait through the first two opening bands (the first one was cool, the second one sucked) until finally Therion came on!

They brought their 5 normal members, and also a female lead vocalist and 4 choir members (2 men, 2 women). It was a small venue, maybe about 200-250 people were there tops, but that made it packed, and the energy was running high! People were going crazy all throughout the set (which was amazing!), myself included (I can barely move my neck today lol).

Setlist:
Blood Of Kingu
Uthark Runa
Invocation of Naamah
Baal Reginon
Black Sun
The Invincible
Typhon
The Khlysti Evangelist
Ginnungagap
Seven Secrets Of The Sphinx
Riders Of Theli
Asgard
Wine Of Aluqah
Rise Of Sodom And Gomorrah
Cults Of The Shadows
To Mega Therion

The last four songs were from two encores (and talking with Christofer afterwards, they would have actually done a third encore, but everyone just kind of started filing out after the second one because no bands here really ever do more than two encores).

There aren't enough words to describe how amazing this show was. It ranks third on my list, behind only Blind Guardian (with Symphony X and Twelfth Gate opening) and Iced Earth (with Evergrey), and the only reason it's not higher is because the venue was smaller than those other two concerts, and Therion didn't have a great opening band for them.

Anyone able should go to one of their shows! They play very energetically and really feed off the crowd.

The only bad part about the show was that they had to stop eventually and couldn't play their whole catalog!

They'll be at the House Of Blues in Chicago on September 7th. Go see them! They are really amazing and unique, you won't regret it!
Selppinevoli is offline   Reply With Quote