SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Musician Central

Musician Central music theory and gear discussion

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Old 05-18-2009, 03:40 PM   #31
F0RBIDDEN

The Axe-FX isn't an audio interface, it won't receive audio from your computer... Why do you need to play it back through the Axe-FX? It doesn't even have a headphone output for you to listen to it... It should be playing back through your Fast Track Pro and you monitor the sound with the outputs on that.
F0RBIDDEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #32
INCINERATE
Brutal Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnsauce View Post
yo mike, you might be able to answer this..

I just for my axe-fx and I set-up my interface (m-audio fast track pro) with it. I can record but I am wondering how I can get it to play-back the recordings through my axe-fx. Like I have a PODxt and when I record with it the audio is sent back through the podxt so I can hear what I am recording.

Sorry if that's confusing lolll
Why would you do this? Only reason I can think of is if you're re-amping, in which can you'd need a re-amp device.
INCINERATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:22 PM   #33
Pwnsauce

nevermind i figured it out
Pwnsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:08 PM   #34
RobertsTheCoolest

Thanks for the heads up.
RobertsTheCoolest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #35
Abstract_Logic

Not to go too off topic

does anyone know any effects processors that are around the same caliber as the axefx?
Abstract_Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #36
SlipkyesBass
ChavezBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract_Logic View Post
does anyone know any effects processors that are around the same caliber as the axefx?
PODxt is much cheaper and you can still get some great tones and effects out of it, despite the haters. your talking effect processor so that´s why Im not mentioning heads/preamps
SlipkyesBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:43 PM   #37
Abstract_Logic

I hear things about G-force/G-Major, does anyone have any experience with these?
Old 07-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #38
Inertiopus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract_Logic View Post
I hear things about G-force/G-Major, does anyone have any experience with these?
Played both. Pretty spiffy if thats what you want.
Inertiopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #39
Claude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipkyesBass View Post
PODxt is much cheaper and you can still get some great tones and effects out of it, despite the haters. your talking effect processor so that´s why Im not mentioning heads/preamps
They aren't in the same league at all though. Axe's sounds are more real and less bullshit if you ask me. That's not to say that you can't get great tones from a pod (I own a PODxt live) but they are totally not of the same caliber.
Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:06 PM   #40
teacup
Duck Master

He speaks the truth.
teacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:05 AM   #41
Abstract_Logic

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Old 07-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #42
teacup
Duck Master

More info, d00d.
teacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #43
3dfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsumeAndBreed View Post
I want one of these so badly, the price is pretty outrageous but probably worth it for everything you get.
Yeah, it is probably not cheap, but I do some savings to buy it
3dfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:49 AM   #44
axchisler

Hey all, was passing thru and thought I could contribute to the clan, as well as learn something. Any AxeFX discussion other than what I find "snobish" (albiet only a few) @ the Axe Forum I'm more than happy to express my opinions about the year and a half I have owned one.

As to the above, Egnater 4100 and I would guess a Rocktron effects unit, knowing they really like blue LED's;)

My exp. w the AxeFX like many is love hate. Most advocates would disagree with me but I am still not as impressed with the direct to PA sound as I am with a Power amp and 412. Mojo is the only word I can use to describe. The only way I can get it is through a very large sound system, 5000 watts plus, that will give me the feel I get thru two 412's. I tried it thru two JBL ($1300 each) 15 and a horn, and @ the Axe forum was told that was a bad choice because one individuals designs were far superior, but so small that there is no way they could give me the dB punch I am used to. I rarely post there cuz I get very tired of being told what I am doing wrong. I have had the AxeFX neary 2 years, I know what it can do.

The FRFR was not for me. I'm happier with a tube power amp and 412. I also use several diff preamps ie Soldano X99 and Engl E580. Much easier to dial in than the Axe, but if you have the time, the Axe will get you very close. The problem is, if you have never had a Soldano, Engl, Bogner, or Diezel for the matter, how do you know what to tweak for? The sims may get you close, but depending on what speakers and amp you're using. If you have never heard a Bogner XTC, you may think the sim sounds like shiit. Hell, I have played an XTC and still think the sim can't compare. The disclaimer would be that the Bogner will only do Bogner, whereas the AxeFX will do it all, which is true. The guy I bought the E580 from is a plug and play kind of player, and I am becoming one too. If you have countless hours to tweak, and have had countless midi controlled processors, you will love the AxeFX. What they don't tell you is if you haven't heard a particuliar amps sound, you are on your own. Hence why I had to hear the Engl and Soldano first hand (among others) to really compare. The originals are better, but the AxeFX comes really close. You just have to know what the amps you are trying to simulate REALLY sound like, then make a judgement for youself.

I have babbled enough. Hope I can be of help to anyone thinking about an AXEFX or anything else.

Rock on tone chasers!

$D
axchisler is offline   Reply With Quote