Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Gorgasm

Gorgasm Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-11-2006, 11:23 PM   #1
Wakeness
Origin Fan

Well, I finally have Masticate

I finally have it (and it's my first Gorgasm CD), and it's fucking awesome, as I expected.
Wakeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 11:33 PM   #2
InvoluntarySlaughter

Hell yeah Wakeness. Gorgasm is the shit! All their albums are amazing. You should order Bleeding and Stabwound too.
InvoluntarySlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:36 AM   #3
humancorpse
Grim snowcunt

One of the best albums in my collection for sure.
humancorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:36 PM   #4
modern death
Hails

This is the only album of theirs you have, and you haven't heard the other ones yet?? Man! Where have you been, you're missing out on a lot. I suggest you get the other 2 releases as soon as possible.
modern death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 02:42 PM   #5
Wakeness
Origin Fan

I will once money permits it. They do rule, indeed.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:50 AM   #6
Alex

Those cock mongoloids at Umatched Brutality were supposed to send me this disc over a month ago. I bought it when it first came out but my whole cd collection was stolen and I have to painfully buy all of them back...that will be years.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:05 AM   #7
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

damn, how the fuck did you loose your collection? and how big was it! sounds like seriously fucked up shit man! :Mrt:
Grindmasterflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 08:35 AM   #8
Cloaca
IS HE GONE YET

He stated that it was stolen. Damn that sucks a lot of dick.
Cloaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:37 PM   #9
ixdxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
Those cock mongoloids at Umatched Brutality were supposed to send me this disc over a month ago. I bought it when it first came out but my whole cd collection was stolen and I have to painfully buy all of them back...that will be years.
Man, sorry to hear about that, I think I'll go crazy if that happened to me. I love my CD, Tape, Vinyl, shirt collection than myself!
ixdxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:35 AM   #10
Alex

I finally have retrieved most of them back but there are still impossible ones that I'll will have to dish out lots of money for.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:49 AM   #11
Johnny-Skinless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeness
I finally have it (and it's my first Gorgasm CD), and it's fucking awesome, as I expected.

I'm listenign to it right now. Pretty catchy stuff, some nice riffs, nice cymbal work, double bass and technicality, not bad vocals.. but the album has a really horrible cheap-as-fuck artwork, who the fuck draw that cheap retarded shit needs to a serious beating..also..the song titles and lyrics..pure fucking imbecility as i expected, not to mention 2 or 3 samples that are just gay, some chicks screaming..etc..etc. I would like to see that the new Gorgasm album has even more varied drumming, better artwork and perhaps more refined songtitles and lyrics even if gory as fuck, but that is all up to the band. For now i'm not really fan though..
Johnny-Skinless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:04 AM   #12
Cannibalistic_Horror
I do fuck goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
Shit. Do you have any clue on who the fucker may be? Seriously, if it some twat stole my collection I would go insane. So many awesome CDs and cassettes.
Cannibalistic_Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:34 AM   #13
Sculpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-Skinless
I'm listenign to it right now. Pretty catchy stuff, some nice riffs, nice cymbal work, double bass and technicality, not bad vocals.. but the album has a really horrible cheap-as-fuck artwork, who the fuck draw that cheap retarded shit needs to a serious beating..also..the song titles and lyrics..pure fucking imbecility as i expected, not to mention 2 or 3 samples that are just gay, some chicks screaming..etc..etc. I would like to see that the new Gorgasm album has even more varied drumming, better artwork and perhaps more refined songtitles and lyrics even if gory as fuck, but that is all up to the band. For now i'm not really fan though..
I agree with you to a certain extent; I find Zig's artwork very overrated generally. He seems to be worshipped by the brutal dm underground, but I find most of his covers to be quite empty and uninteresting. There are a few that are very good though, the favourite that comes to mind being his cover for Disavowed's album. That's a sweet piece of meat.

As for the samples, titles and lyrics, well, that's expected isn't it? It doesn't bother me that Gorgasm have the themes that they do because their music is, arguably, equally one dimensional. It irks me more when a band is writing much more heterogenous material but retain the gore/horror themes; Goratory being a perfect example. They've said they're going to try something a little different with the theme/lyrics next time though, so i'm hyped.

[ed] Get the other albums. Masticate to Dominate is, in my opinion, the least original/most generic of their work. It sounds like their new album could be the best yet though.

Last edited by Sculpy; 07-31-2006 at 01:37 AM..
Sculpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:57 PM   #14
RainWhenIDie

Masticate is the first thing I heard by Gorgasm, It kind of turned me away from Gorgasm because it was too brutal when I was a wee little DM newb. I came back to it yesterday and I enjoyed it, Its a bit monotonous but a solid piece of Brutal death metal once you have had enough time in death metal to appreciate brutal death in general. Soon time soon A friend is going to lend me "bleeding profusely" and "stabwound intercourse." Both are supposedly greater than Masticate and Masticate was a pretty good CD so i cant Wait.

I would say the best tracks on masticate are "anal Skewer" And "masticate to dominate" The other ones are alright but in those tracks Gorgasm really showed me what they had to offer that other bands did not.
RainWhenIDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:13 AM   #15
Wakeness
Origin Fan

Oh man, some of those riff are the catchiest DM riff out there! I love Masticate.
I got Bleeding, but I haven't had a serious chance to sit down and listen to it yet.