Gorgasm Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-28-2007, 08:55 PM   #31
Surt
brutulord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackgore View Post
wow, thats a lot hot air for nothing. i don't know which international bands using a logo they got for free and which not. i actually don't even care. I just said that there are people around that do it for free and are good at wwhat they do. even tho you can't understand it but some people do it as a form of support. where do you actually know that the majority of known bands paid for their logo? most of the bands I know personally got their logo for free since they started as a unknown band ,just like 99% of the signed band and couldn't or didn't want to afford a "professional" logo,
I know, the world is full of capitalistic bitches but there are still a few supportive people around and some of them are even talented.
you were so busy jumping down my throat and getting all indignant, categorically telling me I was wrong.

How do I know bands pay for logos? Do you honestly think Zig, Studio Sho, Mike Majewski and all the rest charge money for doing logos & art just for the chance to make a quick buck?

Do you honestly want me to give you a big long list of bands with logos i'd be 99.9% confident that they've paid for their current / most well-known logo if you were to ask them?

Believe me even you can't be arrogant enough to try and say that there's so many bands out there that haven't paid for logos and are still well known internationally.

All i stated at the beginning was the fact that the majority of bands will choose to pay someone for a logo because of partly who that person is and his track record but also the fact that due to basic human psychology they'll feel lik ethey've a better chance of getting a great job done if they're paying someone.
Then there's all the myriad of bands out there who seek out precise artists simply because they are synonymous with a particular sound - ie Majewski artwork, Zig logos etc - and because they want to be seen to be emulating that scene.

Regardless of how supportive you might be of a music scene, the chances are if your work is good enough you'll be able to charge people for your work and they'll willingly pay you for it.

If you've not paid for it the chances are that you're good friends with a really competent artist with wide appeal amongst the target audience who has no qualms with spending hour on end tirelessly doing work for you for nothing or that the work isn't worth spending money on anyway.
Surt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:14 PM   #32
Hackgore

well, I see your point and I'm to tired of all the virtual arguing.
I wouldn't pay for a logo myself, especially these well known artists simply for the fact that their logos all turn out the same. I wouldn't like my band to sound like all the others and so should the logo be.
Hackgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:44 PM   #33
GrindBlaster

Thumbs down WOW!!!

.....TRUE, WE DO NOT REALLY GIVE A FUCK WHAT PEOPLE THINK ABOUT THE NEW LOGO, IT'S JUST ANOTHER NEW LOGO! ...IN NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS I'M SURE THERE'S GOING TO BE ANOTHER NEW LOGO AND THEN ANOTHER "NEW" ONE RIGHT AFTER THAT!!!

..........SO FUCKING WHAT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT?!??!?!? - DON'T LIKE IT...ALSO YOU MIGHT WANT TO CALL YOUR MOM AND CRY TO HER HOW BAD YOU FEEL ABOUT ONE OF THE GORGASM'S LOGOS!

WE MIGHT STILL USE EVEN SOME OF OUR THE OLDEST LOGOS FOR FUTURE SHIT AND RE-RELEASES......

....THE "NEW" LOGO MIGHT NOT EVEN BE ON THE NEW ALBUM!!!
....WE MIGHT JUST FEEL LIKE PUTTING IT IN REGULAR BOLD LETTERS....IS IT GOING TO CHANGE OUR MUSIC - OBVIOUSLY NOT!!!

....SO QUIT TALKING SHIT...OR TALK MORE SHIT!!!

....BUT THE NEW ALBUM IS GOING TO FUCKING CRUSH YOU ALL OF YOU FUCKERS ANYWAYS!!!!!!

....WE'LL BE AWAITING MORE SHIT TALK ABOUT THE COVER AS WELL :)
GrindBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:44 PM   #34
sofia
t(-_-t)

lol <3
sofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:13 PM   #35
modern death
Hails

Hey Mr. GrindBlaster, did you ever record yourself playing at 340 bpm or whatever it is you said you played at?
modern death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:47 PM   #36
Surt
brutulord

the giant Pole has spoken.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:21 PM   #37
Suicide Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten_second_infinity View Post
Hey Mr. GrindBlaster, did you ever record yourself playing at 340 bpm or whatever it is you said you played at?
350+ I recall and I'd love to hear it (on the new Gorgasm cd with the riffs to go with it and all).
Suicide Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:50 PM   #38
INCINERATE
Brutal Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide Machine View Post
350+ I recall and I'd love to hear it (on the new Gorgasm cd with the riffs to go with it and all).
I'm not a music major, but I believe this is possible. It just depends on the duration that the notes are played. For instance on guitar my fastest cleanly played 16th notes are are 230BPM. But I've played simple 8th notes riffs cleanly at 360BPM.

So depending on the drum beat being played, one could play at 350BPM. Now if we're talking about 16th notes on the bass drums, that would be pretty much impossible I believe. They'd have to be fast 8th notes to pull it off.
INCINERATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:53 PM   #39
Surt
brutulord

Tom is fucking fast as fuck though. whether it's just my ears or not but he blasts like a bigass badass fucking mofo on Disinter's 'As We Burn' too.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:26 AM   #40
Egill
Registerd User

Yeah I'm pretty sure he said 352 BPM. I'd like to hear that since that is FAST.
Egill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #41
Suicide Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by INCINERATE View Post
So depending on the drum beat being played, one could play at 350BPM. Now if we're talking about 16th notes on the bass drums, that would be pretty much impossible I believe. They'd have to be fast 8th notes to pull it off.
I know it's possible, I want to hear it because it's fast as fuck and probably awesome, not to prove anything.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:40 PM   #42
Surt
brutulord

just to hijack the thread, you coming to Death Feast again next year Herr Cuntface?
Old 10-28-2007, 04:18 AM   #43
modern death
Hails

Quote:
Originally Posted by INCINERATE View Post
I'm not a music major, but I believe this is possible. It just depends on the duration that the notes are played. For instance on guitar my fastest cleanly played 16th notes are are 230BPM. But I've played simple 8th notes riffs cleanly at 360BPM.

360 bpm cleanly? How cleanly? I'd love to hear a sample of that.
modern death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:05 AM   #44
INCINERATE
Brutal Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten_second_infinity View Post
360 bpm cleanly? How cleanly? I'd love to hear a sample of that.
Hey man, my mistake. I was thinking of 360BPM 8th notes, but it's actually quarter notes. In a newer song we have I play a short burst of down picked power cords at 360BPM but they are only quarter notes. Fast but surely not overly impressive.

I did however used to have a riff in a song that was 8th notes played at 320BPM. But I ended up slowing it down to 250BPM which is what a majority of the song is at because that burst of speed just sounded way too odd and out of place in the song.

I guess I've never tried 8th notes at 360BPM. But I'd like to. Seems very impractical though to use something like that in a song. It would basically sound like slower trem picking (16th notes at 180BPM).
INCINERATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:05 PM   #45
Suicide Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surt View Post
just to hijack the thread, you coming to Death Feast again next year Herr Cuntface?
If you mean me, yes and this time I will stay the whole weekend and we will share many beers!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:11 PM   #46
InertialGrind

Well thats exactly how it works. 16ths at 180 would be 8th notes at 360. Or whatever subdivision tickles your tastes. Plus you have triplets and all that. Id like to hear someone pull off 16ths CLEANLY at 270 on the feet. Lots of people play triplets at rediculous speeds. New SOP for example.
InertialGrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:21 PM   #47
Suicide Machine

My bands fastest riff is 8th notes at 310 bpm, and that is possible. SoP is beyonf normal human capacities though, so naming them as an example is not valid. :P
Old 11-13-2007, 01:36 PM   #48
GrindheadJim
50 Cal Drummer

If my fat ass can hit 260+, I KNOW Tom can hit 350. I've had the pleasure of seeing him play more than all of you, I am sure (from living in the Chicago area), and I can certainly see the potential there.

Stop doubting the man, gee. Hell, 20 years ago, things that are a standard in metal now were "impossible" then. Human potential is only limited by the mind.

Having said all of that, measuring skill from BPM is fruitless and a waste of time. What if what you play at 400 BPM bores me? Tom's a great, creative drummer. I don't care how fast he plays; just that he plays.
GrindheadJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #49
MawBTS

350bpm...wow, most bands with drum machines dont play that fast!
MawBTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 07:06 AM   #50
InertialGrind

its not 16ths.
InertialGrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:28 PM   #51
Annunakigods

definitely not down with the new logo...looks kinda scenester
Annunakigods is offline   Reply With Quote