SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Periphery

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
EclipseML

Smile Superior Drummer 2.0

I've got some issues about this VSTi that need addressing, and since a huge amount of you are probably into audio production and whatnot, then let's do this.

I have EZdrummer (+DFH) and it's cool, I guess, but I think I want to look into Supeiror Drummer. The only problem is none of the stores around me have it on display/demo. So I can't try it out.

- Does it have a groove library? and if so, can you import DFH's groove library into Superior Drummer to have it do those metal beats on the SD kits?

- Can you make beats from scratch easily or at least somewhat easily without a controllor?

these are elementary questions, but for the life of me I can't figure out their answers from the incessant technobabble on most websites, nor from the endless amount of Youtube videos of people fiddling with the decay of the snare.

Muchos gracias.
EclipseML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:50 PM   #2
Shadowswithin

No im not sure if Superior has it's own drum groove library (that comes with it at least i think there might be a few online and im pretty sure the Metal Foundry expansion comes with a Groove Library) but if I remember correctly the groove library is just a bunch of MIDI files stored in the main directory in program files, but don't take my word on it.

I will re-install DFH real quick in the morning to double check, and unfortunately there is no way to create drum parts IN the program, he most likely did it with his DAW's (nuendo or Cubase one of the two) Sequencer, or some other program like guitar pro or Sibelius or Finale and exported it into his DAW.

Last edited by Shadowswithin; 05-24-2010 at 11:53 PM..
Shadowswithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:06 AM   #3
Shadowswithin

No im not sure if Superior has it's own drum groove library (that comes with it at least i think there might be a few online and im pretty sure the Metal Foundry expansion comes with a Groove Library) but if I remember correctly the groove library is just a bunch of MIDI files stored in the main directory in program files, but don't take my word on it.

I will re-download DFH real quick in the morning to double check, and unfortunately there is no way to create drum parts IN the program, he most likely did it with his DAW's (nuendo or Cubase one of the two) Sequencer, or some other program like guitar pro or Sibelius or Finale and exported it into his DAW.

edit: YEAH THEY ARE JUST midi files in the main directory, they sounds pretty good through SSD :p

Last edited by Shadowswithin; 05-26-2010 at 12:20 AM..
Shadowswithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
poolhall.junkie

The update to Superior Drummer has the groove library. I think it's the 2.1 or 2.2 update. Once you have the update and you have selected the folder from which to pull midi grooves from, you can then insert your old DKH midi tracks in the same folder from which will show up in the groove library. Good luck and enjoy.
poolhall.junkie is offline   Reply With Quote