SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Periphery

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 08:17 AM   #1
MarkPopkie

New Singer

There is no way, especially with all the many thousands of fans out there, that I am the only person that wants to know what happened to Chris!!!
I have been a die hard periphery fan since Jake was singing and they still sounded a little like Limp Bizkit, so don't give me any of that bullshit about how I'm not a fan because I'm questioning their decision. The new guy sounds AMAZING and is clearly a solid move... It just seems so odd that they didn't give any warning that Chris would be leaving or that they had been working with someone new. I'll tell you what it looks like, and forgive me guys for being so bold, but it seems like they went out to California to start working on the vocals with Casey and he says, "Hey guys, check this out. he's one of my friends, I think you'll like him better than Chris" and they bought it. Spencer is from California, he seems to be buddies with Casey and his LA gang, and he even sounds a lot like him...
I have NEVER bitched about periphery shufflin' members over the years... Jake, Casey, Travis, and now Chris... I have taken every change in stride, mostly because we were all told about the departure and we (as fans) got to experience the anticipation of the search for the replacement. but this was SO abrupt... and came with NO explanation.
I'm not saying that this new guy is bad or better than Chris or anything like that... but we've been told that a CD was coming for about year now and that the lineup was solid. I guess, even though I hate to say it and I hate to be that fan, but I feel like we deserve an explanation.
Sound off.
Flame me if you want, I don't care. It's just my early morning opinion... it might change after I get my coffee fix.

Correction:
According to Misha on sevenstring.org - - the album and vocals on the teaser have been recorded by Matt Murphy, NOT casey. so I'm still confused, maybe more so now.

Last edited by MarkPopkie; 01-20-2010 at 10:58 AM..
MarkPopkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
MarkPopkie

From what i've gathered on other forums, the split was not exactly what one could call "amicable."
so out of respect for Christ and respect for Periphery -- I don't care how or why it happened.

Congrats on the fantastic new singer, and best of luck to Chris in all his future endeavors!
Periphery is the greatest band ever created. Period.

Last edited by MarkPopkie; 01-20-2010 at 11:01 AM..
Old 01-20-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
Radical25
Vampyre

It's possible that Chris is Haunted Shores' big news. Just possible.
Radical25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
MarkPopkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical25 View Post
It's possible that Chris is Haunted Shores' big news. Just possible.
i have also noticed this weird, very sudden connection between Chris, Haunted Shores, and Friend for a Foe. They have all been very "buddy-buddy" on myspace and both bands are announcing "big news" soon. i think the bands are joining forces.
it would be very weird, however, for Chris to join Haunted Shores given Misha's recent involvement with the band. Even though Periphery is being hush-hush about chris's departure, i think it has become more obvious why it happened. Chris apparently had been having some vocal troubles lately... and if the album sampler is any indication of the direction the band had been wanting to go in, I doubt Chris had the range to pull it off... the live videos of him performing Casey's songs were, i'm sorry to say, a little lackluster.
the harsh way of putting it is that I don't think Haunted Shores would be basing their "reformation" around Periphery's sloppy seconds... just not right.
And i've heard on other forums that some people have been told who the singer is and it's NOT Chris... so who knows!
but it could still happen... it does seem possible!
Old 03-12-2010, 09:06 AM   #5
teh Mazn
Jawbreakers. Mmm.

holy shit, shut the fuck up.
teh Mazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #6
Wildor

everything is all messed up now,

sumerian is also part of the nwo. look at the signs!
Wildor is offline   Reply With Quote