SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:21 AM   #61
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalky
i think the world is the worst it has ever been.
HAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA. YEAH BRO!

Last edited by Grindmasterflesh; 04-22-2010 at 08:30 AM..
Grindmasterflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:40 AM   #62
pooptastik
son of cosmos

like grindmasterflesh said, besides the controversy, the 2-part episode sucked.

where the hell was:

????
pooptastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:10 AM   #63
Eternal Recurrence

I thought the firt part was really unfunny too, but the second was brilliant imo.
The best episode of this season alongside Medicinal Fried Chicken.
Eternal Recurrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:12 AM   #64
Vadge
Woof Reprisal

Rep Power: 22 Vadge beat up jewskiVadge beat up jewskiVadge beat up jewskiVadge beat up jewski
I think people expect too much from this show these days. This season has been hit and miss, but even the 'miss' episodes have some merit, and the ones that work are hilarious.
Vadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:13 AM   #65
Recapitated
weightless

fuck muslims, go fuck a donkey
Recapitated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:14 AM   #66
Vadge
Woof Reprisal

Rep Power: 22 Vadge beat up jewskiVadge beat up jewskiVadge beat up jewskiVadge beat up jewski
Are both of those suggestions aimed at me?
Old 04-22-2010, 09:19 AM   #67
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Recurrence View Post
Medicinal Fried Chicken.
I thought it was fun too. but that testicular cancer thing? hoping around on their balls? a little over the top for my taste.
Grindmasterflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:29 AM   #68
ShadowHunter
violently violating

Rep Power: 22 ShadowHunter beat up jewskiShadowHunter beat up jewski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadou View Post
10/10 name change.
this!
ShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:30 AM   #69
Recapitated
weightless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadge View Post
Are both of those suggestions aimed at me?
No.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:32 AM   #70
Vadge
Woof Reprisal

Too late. Could only manage a donkey handjob so far
Old 04-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #71
pooptastik
son of cosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Recurrence View Post
I thought the firt part was really unfunny too, but the second was brilliant imo.
The best episode of this season alongside Medicinal Fried Chicken.
i fucking missed that one, but i loved You Have 0 Friends. it made every friend of mine that kept bugging me to join facebook to shut the hell up.
pooptastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:55 AM   #72
CerebralCereal
sickslashbr00tal

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes gods, yes masters View Post

You see, the way to fix things is to attain and distribute knowledge. You cry "free country/free speech", and yet in the same breath "destroy religion" is just as likely to come from your mouth.
And this is the sort of thing that CAUSES conflict, from all sides. The idea that one concept is superior to another. The idea that to fix things you must first destroy what is false. We've tried this, countless times throughout history - how well has it worked?
You cannot seem to put yourself in another persons shoes, you seem not to have empathy.
You are one eyed, misguided, and quite possibly straight out selfish.
Your belief is the only belief, and anything less isn't good enough.
Fucking pathetic.
Not even comparable. We say: "Hey, everyone can enjoy freedom of speech as long as you're not imposing your beliefs or opinions on others." They say:"heynofuckyouyoucantdothat".

The entire root of this argument is that that is how the Muslim world feels.. to Jews, to Christians, to Atheists, and all other religions. It's a poisonous way of thinking and it's a major problem, not just for the US but for the rest of the non-muslim world.

Last edited by CerebralCereal; 04-23-2010 at 09:47 AM..
CerebralCereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #73
ChAAPY
it's one louder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabukijoe View Post
I missed the premier of this episode and planned to watch the midnight re-air like they always do and they aired the scrotie mcboogerballs episode instead... maybe something did happen?
http://tv.yahoo.com/south-park/show/...thpark_muslims

the even censored some of the older episodes that aired later than night. once again, comedy central is taking that threat seriously.
ChAAPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #74
Cernunnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralCereal View Post
Not even comparable. We say: "Hey, everyone can enjoy freedom of speech as long as your not imposing your beliefs or opinions on others." They say:"heynofuckyouyoucantdothat".

The entire root of this argument is that that is how the Muslim world feels.. to Jews, to Christians, to Atheists, and all other religions. It's a poisonous way of thinking and it's a major problem, not just for the US but for the rest of the non-muslim world.
Plus, although I wouldn't necessarily say "destroy religion!" unless I was being hyperbolic, most atheists/anti-theists, if they aren't some kind of totalitarian Stalinist or something, would be totally against any kind of coercive ban of religion. We simply want to break down the social barriers that say its impolite to criticize religion. We want to be impolite. We want to expose religions for the utter sham that they are. Of course there will always be some new sham ideology and unreason to take its place, but that's no excuse not to oppose the power and prestige given to fakers, charlatans, idiots, murderers, rapists, fear-mongers, misogynists, and all-around anti-humanist idolaters because they wear a special cloak and believe in the veracity of a particular book. People can believe what they want, but ridiculing shouldn't be considered a violation of rights.
Cernunnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:38 AM   #75
Recapitated
weightless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadge View Post
Too late. Could only manage a donkey handjob so far
aw
Old 04-22-2010, 11:53 AM   #76
brainimpalement
Banned

This just in: religious fanaticism is synonymous with idiocy.

Last edited by brainimpalement; 04-22-2010 at 11:56 AM..
brainimpalement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #77
Dunlop

Everyone in North America and Europe should make a ridiculous picture of Mahammad and post it everywhere online... If millions of people did it all over the place there would be no specific target they could hit... They would have to kick in every direction. It would be immpossible so, they would have to stick to their plan of major terrorist attacks... And we all trust our government to not let that happen, right?
Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:58 AM   #78
Cernunnos

Quote:
Against the Dictatorship of Allah:
Declaration of the Surrealists of Pakistan (in exile), circa 1978

We spit on the whole dumb charade disguised as common sense, reason, logic, realism and rationalism of the "enlightened" spectators of human misery known as scientists, bureaucrats, politicians, professors, industrialists, patriots, soldiers and pimps of literature who - foolishly playing hide-and-seek with each other and with everybody else, and amusingly committed to nothing but the perpetration of their cruel and heartless regimes - hide behind the hideous and putrefying carcass of Islam.

Only by maintaining an incessant vigilance of desire will we be able to destroy such vermin, as well as the decadent notions they uphold: repressive morality, salvation, work, discipline, the fatherland, piety, sacrifice, the family and "national unity".

We shall show no mercy toward Islam, this 1400-year-old tyranny. We shall ceaselessly injure the reputations of all the degenerate opportunists who continue to propound it.

We shall curse and abuse this vainglorious affliction which is only a petty variation of the Judeo-Christian, Greco-Roman heritage that underlies all the modern-day eccrinologies of scum known more or less synonymously as capitalism, stalinism, maoism, fascism, nazism, parliamentarianism, constitutionalism, democracy and all other irrelevant and egregiously imbecile terms designed solely to embalm, embellish and perpetuate the intrinsic slavery of a moronic and senile social order.

In the spirit of joyously impious wizardry and implacably subversive fraternity, we are prepared to join forces with any and all who express, in theory and practice, their unreservedly revolutionary opposition to all systems of exploitation and humiliation.

We shall support all those who, wherever they may be, raise "insolent questions and ruthless challenges", and who "see what everyone else prefers not to see": all those "irreconciliable recalcitrants who continue to fling in the face of bourgeois law and order messages of thoroughgoing demoralization, insults, blasphemies, imprecations and threats, and who do not conceal the fact that they are out to make life as miserable as possible for everyone who pretends to be satisfied with things as they are"
(Franklin Rosemont, "The Crisis of the Imagination", in Arsenal / Surrealist Subversion No. 2, 1973).

The inexpungible exorbitance of our unending and necessarily impetuous wrath will rapturously obliterate the virulently mendacious outpourings of that blithering and shameful image of oppression, Allah, as well as all his filthy seraphim.

With all of struggling humanity we spit on the divinity of Allah! The Kaaba will be surrounded and burned!

Meanwhile, our albatrosses - emblems of our inspired revenge - will telekinetically swell our desires, and yours, as they fly indolently over the salty seas filled by the blood and tears of all oppressors!
Cernunnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #79
Raad
'sup

Those nigguz be trippin'
Raad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #80
SLIT YOUR GUTZ
SHIT YOUR BUTTS

Rep Power: 0 SLIT YOUR GUTZ is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe if we all make doodles of Muhammad and post them on the board Muslims will want to kill SMN too.

The terrorist will suicide bomb death metal.

NO MOAR SLAMZ
SLIT YOUR GUTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #81
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll

Those who practice forms of universalizing religions are enemies in my book. And the rest are just stupid.
disGUSt(tx) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:58 PM   #82
ConsumeAndBreed
Full on rapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes gods, yes masters View Post

O...k...
I mean, this is an interesting read. But dude - um, let me get this straight - you're saying that Muslims are all about tyranny, opression, etc etc right? And that Christians in the U.S don't follow these things to the same degree?
Well, that may be true (not saying there aren't some psychotic Christ believing Americans who have killed over the years...) - but the U.S is a different beast. It doesn't need it's religion to hide behind any more.
I think the way the U.S treats the world is FAR more tyrannical than Muslims. And don't most U.S leaders say they are Christians anyway?

Anyway, that is beside the point, that last comment. America (or at least, the way the people who run it act within the world in relation to control, the dealing of death, etc), to me, whilst it isn't technically an "ideology" - is a more destructive force than the Muslim realm. I mean, should we paint all Americans with the same brush as the ones who make all the heinous decisions?

wtf are you even talking about? When's the last time Christian extremists gathered to stone a woman for not wearing a burka when it was 130 degrees? When's the last time American christians or jews flew a plane into a building to kill 3k people to make a point? When was the last christian or jewish suicide bombing? There was the guy with the abortion clinic in 2007, but that's the only one I remember. Is the christian punishment for conversion away from the faith death? The U.S. absolutely does not treat the world with even close to the tyranny that the muslim world treats its own citizens. If I were a prisoner of war from another country, the country I'd most like to be captured by would be the U.S. Shit like Guantanamo and Abu Graib make the news because we Americans find that treatment of others abhorrent and awful. If you're held as a military prisoner anywhere around the world, America is the place to be. At other places they torture the fuck out of you and rip your eyes out, here you might get waterboarded, but the citizenry is pretty damn upset even over that and I wouldn't be surprised if that goes away.

You're going to have to explain how America is more destructive than Islam, I can't even wrap my head around that one.
ConsumeAndBreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #83
Dr. Kang Mao-pang
yes it's chalky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post
As far as you being sheltered and clueless, your posts speak for themselves.

Yeah man, the millions of people who have been killed, the oppression of women for thousands of years, the suppression of knowledge and thought, the promotion of fear and hysteria and superstition and ignorance, the crippling mental torture, the persecution of anyone different, and the indoctrination of impressionable children...all of that is fucking irrelevant compared to the horrors of pollution. Right, lol. There's obviously some downsides to the industrial revolution, but please learn to put things into perspective. The atrocities committed over the years with a direct link to religion are staggering, and while I wish we'd treat our planet better, the two don't really compare. As shitty as all the space debris orbiting Earth is, that's not really a justification for Galileo's persecution. And if it upsets you that people seem to care about nothing, caring about a lie isn't any better.

Fairly empty and meaningless statement to make, since I'm not really sure what the basis for comparison would be or how you would even know enough to make that statement. Again though, I'll take pollution if it means we finally stop treating women like chattel or burning people alive for being witches. On the brightside though, now that we're finally freeing ourselves from the limitations of a religious society, maybe we'll one day reach a level scientifically where we could build a time machine to send you back to the good ol' days or to your own planet where you can finally be happy and be a totalitarian dictator. And if not, maybe we'll finally reach so low as a society that your yahweh will be compassionate and wipe us all out again so we can start over.

lol, it's not an "idea." In this instance, yes, one "concept" is superior. Reality is greater than lies. You can type all the bullshit you want, but it doesn't change the fact that all religion, and the belief in god itself, is a lie. It's 100% made up and has zero basis in reality. So it's an inherently superstitious and ignorant belief, which are two traits that I'd imagine most people would agree aren't all that desirable.

Sadly, there's no way to "destroy" religion over night. It'll take time and can't be forced. In the meantime, it deserves to be mocked for its absurdity and for the negative impact it has on the world. I have a hard time tolerating that. It's about time people start entering into conflict with stupidity.

That doesn't really have anything to do with empathy. I feel bad that some people were brainwashed with religion at an early age. And I can understand the desire to take the easy way out and not accept your fears and believe. That doesn't add any validity to the beliefs though. It doesn't magically change the facts. Wish thinking is pointless, and wishing to be a slave is sad and pathetic.
Once again, you only touch on certain points, so i am not going to break this down.

The bottom line is, i find it VERY hard to believe you actually care for anyone beyond yourself and (possibly) your immediate family and friends.
This whole argument of yours seems to be simply based on your own opinions, not a care for the greater good of the planet. You think religion is stupid, and according to you - so should everyone else. I don't see you really caring about how things effect others halfway across the planet, or anywhere outside of your comfort zone really. You've shown multiple times how little you care about the feelings of others on this site, actually.

In regards to the subject at hand: Of COURSE there is some majorly disturbing theology being thrown around in religious circles, but some religions actually do promote good ethics and life structures. But whatever.

ALL i am saying, is instead of a religious person saying "fuck athiests/different religions to mine" or an athiest saying "fuck religion" - i think it should be like most things in life - altering ones self slightly through understanding/accepting others for who they are, etc to make co-existing with another more comfortable and possible. Promoting hatred of ideas (no matter if you believe them or not) in my opinion is wholly counter productive.
This way of doing things will actually harm what you are trying to do, imo.
Christians who try and push it down your throat are the ones people hate the most right?
Surely doing the opposite would give you less leverage to try and make the gains you seem to desire so strongly?

Essentially you can think the things you think of me. You can act like i am the enemy, that i am promoting a religion "controlled" planet all you want.
Truth is, it's SO far from that it is insane. I know religious people who are normal as fuck, and you wouldn't even know they had beliefs unless you asked them or saw a bible in their house or whatever.
People can believe without impinging on other peoples ability to believe (or not) in whatever they want.
I know there are people who aren't like this, and i don't think the answer is to wipe them out and start over. I think discussions need to be had with anyone on their side who is willing to accept change, and it needs to be pushed and pushed and developed, etc.
I think things can change - many religions have tried to get in touch with the times they are in. I think there are ways to do these even in the more extreme realms.

I guess i am an idealist, in many ways. I like the idea that we can get people to a point where everyone can co-exist peacefully, and their personal angles do not affect this. Surely this is something worth desiring?

And i will say it again - i am NOT religious. I have never hidden stuff on here before, i am very open, and if i was i wouldn't hide it.

This is the last time i well post/respond in this thread. Either i am coming from a place noone here gets, or i am a lunatic it seems. I actually thought i was being fairly calm and attempting to be objective, but maybe it doesn't appear that way.

To anyone who i have offended with my thoughts - i apologise. I am not trying to be an obstinate cunt. At all. I value that everyone here feels differently, and i have taken no issue in anyone who has disagreed with me or ridiculed my thoughts.
I just feel the world works (or would/will work) better via understanding one another, as opposed to refusing to do so based on personal opinion. It is a basic principle i try to follow, and i guess sometimes it isn't what people want to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsumeAndBreed View Post
You're going to have to explain how America is more destructive than Islam, I can't even wrap my head around that one.
Really? So...invading a country to steal oil, and in the process killing hundreds of thousands of civilians doesn't stack up on your books?
That fact alone should explain my thinking, surely?
Watch the movie/doco "War On Democracy" by John Pilger btw. This will also help shed some light on the way the U.S behaves in the world. The way it manipulates and infiltrates and forces people to align with it. It's fucked. I really don't see why this point even needs explanation, but yeah, this paragraph should give you some insight into my way of thinking.

Last edited by Dr. Kang Mao-pang; 04-22-2010 at 08:12 PM..
Dr. Kang Mao-pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #84
hasu
عذاب النبي

In the end, religion creates more problems than even need be there. All religions are inrinsically incompatible. The 'benefits' of religion aren't because of religion. The sooner people realize this, the sooner they can lay to rest their beliefs in a god(s).

Religious moderates are the product of secular reasoning and the more people are honest with themselves, the less we'll have to deal with this over-sensitivity to the one area in our world that is free of scrutiny.
hasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:22 PM   #85
Jizzlobber
Generic Title

Jizzlobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:10 PM   #86
Muscles McPantski
Formerly Skipants

I think in order to solve everything we should kill everyone who isn't an atheist... in the name of atheism!!! AIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIE
Muscles McPantski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:27 PM   #87
derp
herp

Instead of arguing with Chalky every time he posts something stupid enough that entails someone to want to respond, coma should just edit that post so that it consists of pictures of Michael Jordan
derp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #88
derp
herp

derp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:55 PM   #89
ConsumeAndBreed
Full on rapist

rofl at thread title change.
ConsumeAndBreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:59 AM   #90
Jawd