Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Fondlecorpse

Fondlecorpse Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-02-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
Whee of the Dead
E-Warrior

Attack of the Beast Creatures

This is an overlooked gem of B monster movie history. About a group of people who get stuck on an island filled with vicious, flesh eating zuni dolls! It even has a scene where a guy gets melted in acid water!

This is a must see!
Whee of the Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:58 PM   #2
Whee of the Dead
E-Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoreGnome
Trying to be cult eh hehehe i still need to get it for my collection though, no idea of there's a dvd yet. http://www.brainsonfilm.com/beastcre.html for the people who wanna read more. Sweet for sure! I like me some zuni dolls!

Ha, I just rented it out of the blue one day and it amazed me. Now I'm trying to spread the magic to fellow cheese loving gorehounds.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:55 AM   #3
Whee of the Dead
E-Warrior

The best part is when this one dudes starts hallucinating that a lady is turning into a beast creature. Incredible.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:02 PM   #4
sean L

DDDDUUUUDDDDEEESSSSSS.....I blew one year of my nights working on this flick....
(music)...go easy on it. Remember, all analog synths... and no MIDI or SIMPTE.
sean L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:21 PM   #5
TheGoreGnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean L
DDDDUUUUDDDDEEESSSSSS.....I blew one year of my nights working on this flick....
Hahaha for real? bad ass, i LOVE movies like this, i still need to own that fucker for the collection, seems like these flicks are almost impossible to get, i live to hunt down fuckers like this! I worship creature flicks with my band haha. Is this one available on dvd? Those creatures are BAD ASS ive been intrigued by them since i read that piece on it on that site i linked!
TheGoreGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:17 PM   #6
Whee of the Dead
E-Warrior

Quote:

Are you fucking serious!?!?!?! Are you still in contact with the people that made this?!?!

Seriously, I love this fucking movie!
Old 05-09-2006, 07:34 PM   #7
sean L

I just ordered a VCR tape of it myself.....
on ebay... for a whopping $2.87
I still have a promo poster...
a huge one of "Hell Island" ... that would have been displayed at the front of the movie theater (as if)....
LOL
and a nice little colored one of "Attack of the beast Creatures"
When I get the VCR tape... I'll figure how to make a copy into DVD...
and i'll send you one if you'd like... believe me...
Ii have a million totally funny stories of "behind the scenes".....stuff that you guys would not believe.... regarding to the making of that movie...
like.... the budget was $36,000.00

The munching sound was myself... the Producer Mike... and John Mozzi making chomping sounds into the microphone... gaaaawwwddddd.... it was impossible not to laugh as three grown dudes were making those crazy noises and looking at each other.....in Johns recording studio / cellar...

oh well, those were the days..........................
Old 05-09-2006, 07:39 PM   #8
sean L

I don't know what happened to Mike....
he's still floating around here somewhere...
I think he works for the City of Bridgeport or Trumbull or something....
My buddy John Mozzi...
actually was the top Korg Salesman in the uSA for a few years...
went on to work for Akai...
also doing very well there...
moved out to LA....worked in some capacity in post production sound or something......
now has moved back to CT...I just saw him after 15 years....
LOL

I am an Airbrush Artist now....and I own a bike shop in CT...
and am just starting a second new business relating to motorcycles....the article about my new business should be out in the Sept....or October issue of Road Bike magazine....
I've had stuff in Easy Riders, Sport Bike magazine, Motorcyclist magazine, HotxL, Biker...and a few others....

bla, bla,,bla..

I sure wish I kept those vintage analog synthesizers I had... John had a freaking bunch of them....those suckers are worth a lot today!
Old 05-10-2006, 04:16 PM   #9
Whee of the Dead
E-Warrior

Quote:
Let me dig up the color 8-1/2 x 11 promo sheet... that one is for "attack of the Beast Creatures". I'll scan in both sides (hi -rez) and email it to you. You can then print out as many and of what ever size you want.....ok?

The other Black / White / Red poster (Hell Island) is the only one I have....is rather large and would have to be scanned in on a commercial drum scanner... not much I can do there. Those two things were the only "payment" I recieved for a years worth of work....LOL

We all recieved "shares" in "Oblisk motion pictures" film company... which of course went belly up immediately after release...

Just got notified that my VHS tape has been shipped....it's been soooooooooooooo long since I've suffered through that movie.... looks like it's time to open some old wounds again...
LOL.
Sweet!

Were the guys who made this movie 100% serious? Did they really think they were making a scary movie with puppets? And who the hell thought to call the 9 inch zuni killers "beast creatures."

God, I love this movie.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:07 PM   #10
TheGoreGnome

Quote:
I just ordered a VCR tape of it myself.....
on ebay... for a whopping $2.87
I still have a promo poster...
a huge one of "Hell Island" ... that would have been displayed at the front of the movie theater (as if)....
LOL
and a nice little colored one of "Attack of the beast Creatures"
When I get the VCR tape... I'll figure how to make a copy into DVD...
and i'll send you one if you'd like... believe me...
Ii have a million totally funny stories of "behind the scenes".....stuff that you guys would not believe.... regarding to the making of that movie...
like.... the budget was $36,000.00

The munching sound was myself... the Producer Mike... and John Mozzi making chomping sounds into the microphone... gaaaawwwddddd.... it was impossible not to laugh as three grown dudes were making those crazy noises and looking at each other.....in Johns recording studio / cellar...

oh well, those were the days..........................
Bad ass if you manage to get a dvd copy from the vhs let me know how much a copy costs. I used to collect vhs tapes but since i lost half my collection to the dreaded *degraded into snow* i am a dvd fan haha. So a dvd rip would be AWESOME and i would gladly pay for the fucker!!
And well i see it like this you guys had an idea and you went with it and you actually made a movie, that itself earns you respect. Not everybody goes out there and does what they dream of and stick to the plan till its finished. I own a lot of low budget movies that amuse me more than tons of hollywood blockbusters made with millions.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:20 PM   #11
TheGoreGnome

Quote:
I don't know what happened to Mike....
he's still floating around here somewhere...
I think he works for the City of Bridgeport or Trumbull or something....
My buddy John Mozzi...
actually was the top Korg Salesman in the uSA for a few years...
went on to work for Akai...
also doing very well there...
moved out to LA....worked in some capacity in post production sound or something......
now has moved back to CT...I just saw him after 15 years....
LOL

I am an Airbrush Artist now....and I own a bike shop in CT...
and am just starting a second new business relating to motorcycles....the article about my new business should be out in the Sept....or October issue of Road Bike magazine....
I've had stuff in Easy Riders, Sport Bike magazine, Motorcyclist magazine, HotxL, Biker...and a few others....

bla, bla,,bla..

I sure wish I kept those vintage analog synthesizers I had... John had a freaking bunch of them....those suckers are worth a lot today!
Sweet, so you airbrush motorcycles? or do airbrush art in general. I somethimes read Easy Riders mag from my biker buddies. They usually have rad paintjobs in there. So you must be pretty bad ass. By the way how did you find this topic and decided to post:D it's pretty cool hearing about shit from behind the scenes from bad ass movies like this. And yeah all these new "popular" bands now use those old vintage fuckers right? especially moogs i think
Old 05-11-2006, 07:53 AM   #12
sean L

"Were the guys who made this movie 100% serious? Did they really think they were making a scary movie with puppets? And who the hell thought to call the 9 inch zuni killers "beast creatures."

God, I love this movie."

Good question. Here's what was said to me at the time. About 50% of the movies that actually start into production never make it. If you're an independent movie maker....just the FACT that you complete a project really turns the heads of the "higher-ups"... so basically these guys set out on a long term goal of making more movies. When this movie was completed they did get a lot of interest from some financial backers to possibly make other movies....with bigger budgets....I think though...and I am not 100% positive....that this movie REALLY put a strain on several marriages of some of the people who might move on to the next project. As cheesy as it was (is)...you would not believe the amout of work involved. Again, I can speak only for the sound track end of things... no MIDI.... no SIMPTE (which links the "timing" of a movie to the sound track). We had to record each scene on a stop watch...
play it back real time... and play (noise) music to it. One night I got disgusted and basically walked by the piano and beat the keys with my fist (4 times)... John had a "moment" and said "Holy shit" and since the recorder was on.... he stuck it in the movie... if you listen carefully to one of the attack scenes... you can clearly hear this piano bashing going on.

"Other interesting tid-bits".....while at the editing house in NYC... the editors were having a tough time meeting the "minimum" required time for a full length movie....so they were a little "easy" on the editing part of things...that's why some of the scenes RRREEAAALLLLYYYYYYY "drag".
any-hoo... I was instructed to run back down to the van and pick up another reel of film... I was flying down the stairs and I managed to bowl over Christopher Reeves and I complately knocked him on his ass. So, one of my claims to "fame" Is I took "superman" out with one fell swoop.

LOL

Another interesting tid bit...
when the fat dude in the movie gets attacked by those little things... you see him fall into a hole...... now to this dudes credit... he was running and doing a full frontal face plant right into a hole with one mouldy matterss at the bottom of it... I think the producers said it took like 15 takes... and by that time this poor dude was seriously lumped up.....I think this is the guy who kinda "quivers" as he hits the ground too..... the camera man accidently hit the slow-Mo button when he went down...
he (the actor) was a bit less than happy with the end results.....as the effect was less than flattering.

The "lead" actor... young dude with black hair and moustache... is a FFLD cop.
LOL
I'll bet his co-workers know nothing about his past "indescretions"
LOL
Old 05-11-2006, 08:30 AM   #13
sean L

"Sweet, so you airbrush motorcycles? or do airbrush art in general. I somethimes read Easy Riders mag from my biker buddies. They usually have rad paintjobs in there. So you must be pretty bad ass. By the way how did you find this topic and decided to post it's pretty cool hearing about shit from behind the scenes from bad ass movies like this. And yeah all these new "popular" bands now use those old vintage fuckers right? especially moogs i think"

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Well, I'm a "regular dude" who went to tech high school. Like a moron I wound up in Auto body repair. did that from the time I graduated until about age 26 or so.... then I went to work for a place where we made armoured limo's...and stuff like that. Totally cool job...
I was doin' the freaking "Monster garage" thing while Jessie James was sproutin' his first woody......

I was 26 and cutting brand new cars in half off of the car carrier and stretching them. How cool is THAT.
LOL

When the recession hit the auto industry in the late 80's.... I bought a MC... and painted it....every where I went people would ask me to paint their bikes...
I'd like.... go home after work in my limo job....open up my garage and stare at 15 or so motorcycles...
I finally said "F-it" I'm goin' solo and in 1988 started my business of painting bikes. I never looked back....There were some pretty lean years there in the beginning... but I managed by sheer stubbornness to pummel my competition into the ground locally... thus I survived. I made a name for myself in the early 90's because I was the first person in the nYC area to actually do outlandish paint jobs on Jap sport bikes. It made no difference to me what the customer rode... as long as he was happy with my paint work.

"How did I find this topic and decide to post?"

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Well to be honest with you... I've always wanted a copy of this movie myself...
and I periodically do a web search on it... I think I searched "Attack of the beast creatures" and your site here... was on the second page of google.

I just thought it would be a goof to post...
that's why I did...

Regarding vintage synths...
John and I had a whole corral of them...
I actually had an EML 101... which was the absolute effing cheesiest thing you can imagine....It had a two piece cabinet... and you unbucked the top from the bottom and "re-buckle" it back together in the playing position... it had a cord that joined the two halves....
now check this out... It was monophonic (one voice)... but it had 3 or 4 ocillators (sound generators)..... sooooooooooooooooo you'd have to tune the ocillators to the guitar... (or not)...LOL.....and then slightly de-tune them from each other for a big fat assed sound...
the hook was.... the cord joining the two halves together was a real shakey deal.... if someone came by and knocked into the keyboard stand... it would blast the tuning right out of the freaking ballpark and halfway to pluto..... Imagine playing in the middle of a song... and all of a sudden your guitar goes out of tune by like.....
ohh...... 4-1/2 full notes! You'd tend to get some strange looks from your fellow band members as well as the audience.
hahahahahahah I never could get any sound out of that EML that DIDN'T sound like a damned electric razor. The closest thing I can relate it too... is the synth sound that the rock band Zebra had on their albums....

We had Korg Tridents... Poly Six's...
and if you guys can ever get your hands on a Korg "Monopoly"... DO IT!... it actually blows the mini moog away....it is VERY rugged... and stays in tune too...LOL

The sounds you can get out of that box are incredible.
With a modern sampler (the monopoly WAS MIDI)....you could trigger is with a foot pedal... I am REALLY surprised that the younger group of musicians don't scour the country for one of those..... and use that fat sound in modern songs... you have to try one to believe the sound...It blows FM synths away.....I've screwed with the Nord Lead for a little bit... but it comes no where near the fat richness and awesome ground pounding sound those 4 ocillators on the Monopoly can crank out. John put a huge amount of money into his recording studio / cellar... he lined the walls, floor, ceiling and doors....even door jambs with copper sheeting... that poor dude soldered for a whole summer to tie all that together....took out all the flourescent lights and put in incandecent ones.... bought a 24 channel mixing board for $60,000.00... that was HUGE money back then.... now you can do the same thing on a PC.... with a $300.00 program!
hahahahahah

John had the stone aged Korg MS-01 set-up.....I think that is what it was called...
if you're serious into CREATING your own sound... get an early analog synth (monopoly). You'll learn a lot about sound theory... and you'll love the feeling of satisfaction one gets from creating a sound from scratch... and then tweaking it and processing it to the point of it being useful in a song. These modern synths today are pretty cool but leave me a little cold blooded.
I have an Alesis QS-6....but I want to throw it against the wall most of the time... the interface (buttons and cheesy LED) is so non intuitive... it actually hinders the creative process of making wild sounds... there's nuthin like having 3 or 4 old time analog synths MIDI together...all those KNOBS and DIALS....LOL better than sex!
(almost)...hook up the Monopoly to a killer Pa system... (Johns was 2000 watt)...and a bunch of 16's......and I'll guarantee you'll blow the effing windows out into the middle of the yard like we did on a few occasions. His mom had the patience of a saint. We launched so many pieces of her crystal collection into low earth orbit....GAWD...
we were such assholes back then.... it's no wonder she didn't beat the hell out of us (more often).
Old 05-11-2006, 09:06 AM   #14
sean L

"Did they really think they were making a scary movie with puppets? And who the hell thought to call the 9 inch zuni killers "beast creatures."

You know...
we were never allowed to actually see the mechanism that was created to synchronize the puppets arms / legs movements while they were running....LOL

The name of the movie was originally "Hell Island"...and was changed when someone fouind out there was a movie in the 30's or 50's named "Hells Island"

Attack of the beast Creatures?

Well, that name was conjured up by a few of those higher up in the food chain while no doubt, under the influence of some....ahhhhhhhhhhhh....

...you get the idea.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:46 PM   #15
TheGoreGnome

Hahaha sweet shit, and yeah i know a few other people who did independant movies and it was quite some work, i also talked to the guys in bad taste they couldnt change hairstyles and shit for a year while they filmed because of continuity and shit hahaha. But then i guess it is a big adventure if it does get done. Even if its a hassle somethimes. Fun to show the kids and grandkids look what daddy did hehe. And well you can do shit with 300 dollar programs but for a good sound you still need to get good shit. We are a fan of older recording processes, even though we tend to get cheaper alternatives now for ourselves. I think one bandmember wants to see if he can get a cheap synth thing to fix up creepy melodies like horror movies since we are a b-movie worship band hehe. And your own recording studio is always a plus hehe. We record with our session drummer who is basically assembling his own mixing board and scratchbuilding his whole set up, its pretty impressive. I myself don't know shit about that stuff i just yell into a microphone hahahha. Did the movie arrive yet? is it as bad ass as you remembered hehehe.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:39 PM   #16
sean L

Got the cheesy vid... now I gotta figure out how to get it from VCR format to DVD.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:34 PM   #17
Defleshed by flieS

Hey Sly, probeer Boudisque in Amsterdam, die hebben echt ontiegelijk veel kazige horror zooi.. is alleen wel ontiegelijk prijzig. Misshcien dat ik er volgende week nog kom, zal is even kijken wat ze hebben, je kan het er ook bestellen, dus als ie bestaat op dvd kunnen ze er vast aan komen
Defleshed by flieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:31 PM   #18
TheGoreGnome

Quote:
Got the cheesy vid... now I gotta figure out how to get it from VCR format to DVD.
Bad ass, and how was the first viewing experience after such a long time:)
Old 06-02-2006, 10:34 AM   #19
sean L

I needed a long session of self medication, then it was like opening up an old festering wound.

FUUUUCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! this movie is bad.

Have you ever had a hammer in your hand... while holding a nail in the other hand... you swing the hammer, you know your aim is off... you know your gonna beat the shit out of your thumb... your brain sends the message to your hand "engines full astern !!!!" but it doesn't get there in time... you pummel the living shit out of your thumb anyway.

That's how it felt.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:04 PM   #20
TheGoreGnome

Quote:
I needed a long session of self medication, then it was like opening up an old festering wound.

FUUUUCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! this movie is bad.

Have you ever had a hammer in your hand... while holding a nail in the other hand... you swing the hammer, you know your aim is off... you know your gonna beat the shit out of your thumb... your brain sends the message to your hand "engines full astern !!!!" but it doesn't get there in time... you pummel the living shit out of your thumb anyway.

That's how it felt.
Hahahaha, well you might think it's bad, fact is you guys DID make a movie and finished it and it got released. That itself is already worthy of respect, also because in those days it was harder than these days where every joe blow just picks up a digital camera and can edit shit on the computer at home. For me those Fetish dolls alone are fucking worth it!!!!!!! It's more than most kids achieve these days. Most just sit on their asses doing nothing. At least you made a movie!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:41 PM   #21
sean L

Here ya go!

DVD...posters....etc...

http://www.beastcreatures.com/

peace,

Sean
Old 02-11-2007, 12:24 AM   #22
TheGoreGnome

AWESOME!