SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Green Carnation

Green Carnation Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Old 02-28-2006, 11:01 PM   #1
A Trace Of Blood

I met the guys in Chicopee and enjoyed myself immensely talking with them. I got Tommy's drumsticks too. :)
A Trace Of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:41 PM   #2
dead6skin6mask6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candlelight6
To DEAD6SKIN6MASK6, dude you rock man. I'll e-mail you in 4 weeks regarding the show, hehhe
:) not a problem! was cool meetin ya!
dead6skin6mask6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:27 AM   #3
dead6skin6mask6

Into Deep
The Quiet Offspring
Crushed to Dust
Just When You Think It Is Safe
Rain
Writings on the Wall
Dead But Dreaming (with a gigantic jam session)
Myron and Cole
Purple Door, Pitch Black
Light of Day, Day of Darkness (1st half)
Lullaby in Winter (with another giant jam session)

^ proper setlist from NYC

t'was a splendid time and met some people from the board. was my 2nd time seeing the band, and they have yet to disappoint me! definitely looking forward to their next tour! at least a one-off gig in NYC, because it's waaaay too obvious that NYC loves GC!
Old 03-01-2006, 02:03 PM   #4
A Trace Of Blood

I would go to that. (one-off gig in NYC)
A Trace Of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 02:08 PM   #5
dead6skin6mask6

so would i :P
Old 03-01-2006, 07:50 PM   #6
immortaldebra

As long as I can remember I have admired Tchort. I am an avid Black metal fan and Carpathian Forest is one of the best. When I finally got to meet him I was starstruck. He asked me what other Black Metal bands I liked and I just stood there uhhhhhhh. I was mortally embarrassed, I listen to at least 50 black metal bands and couldn't think of one. I wanted to meet him so bad I couldn't sleep all night before the show....and then blew it. These guys are the greatest. It makes me want to visit Norway all the more. They speak better English than most People I know ! Also the tour manager was the friendliest guy. I talked to him a lot. He cracked a lot of jokes and was very gracious.
immortaldebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:36 PM   #7
Candlelight6

[QUOTE=immortaldebra] When I finally got to meet him I was starstruck. He asked me what other Black Metal bands I liked and I just stood there uhhhhhhh. I was mortally embarrassed, QUOTE]

Yeah me too.. haha. I met him once in Toronto and had absolutely nothing to say to him besdies shaking his hand... Then seen him for the past 3 shows didnt say a word to him but i did to the rest of the band. Then when I saw him at NYC I just didn't know what the hell to tell him, or even say to him.. couldn't even ask him to sign my stuff coz I felt like I'd be bothering him while he's drinkin his beer. I just stood there next to him saying nothing. GC are GODS...
Candlelight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:45 AM   #8
JJM

Just seeing the guys play there hearts out last night in Wisconsin was a great enough moment for me. However I also got my picture with all the guys and I also enjoyed a nice conversation with Kjetil after the show. I'll have a review of the show on my zine very soon. Keep up the great work guys!
JJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:48 PM   #9
eppie

I've met Green Carnation once, right after I had heard their music for the first time. According to the GC website it was their first gig ever here in Finland. I went to the gig to see the other band, Battlelore, but then decided to stay for Green Carnation, as well. After the gig I gathered some courage for a while and then went to talk to Kjetil. I spoke to him in Norwegian at first, but changed to English when more people came around. And I got Tommy's drumstick as well :D I wish I had also asked for autographs...
eppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:07 PM   #10
Mariska

The first time I saw Green Carnation was on October 1st at the Progpower festival in Baarlo. I had never heard about them before; I was there cause I worked (and still do) for the headlining band of that festival(Epica). GC's music sounded ok to me but I was more interested in Michael haha. I didn 't have the guts to step up to any of the band members though cause I didn 't know what to say, but through this website I got into contact with some of them, and by now I' ve fallen in love both with Michael and GC 's music ;) The Quiet Offspring is such a good album to wake up with. And The Accoustic Verses and the EP to fall asleep to. And I don 't think the "Live in Krakow" dvd has left my dvd player ever since I bought it...

Last edited by Mariska; 03-05-2006 at 08:10 PM..
Mariska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:34 PM   #11
Candlelight6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariska
had never heard about them before; I was there cause I worked (and still do) for the headlining band of that festival(Epica). GC's music sounded ok to me but I was more interested in Michael haha. .
Hey Mariska, Will you be in the US when Epica plays here towards the end of the year? I know they have a few dates here in the US including the "Prog Power Festival". Yeah. Mikael is awesome (as the rest of the band), a very pleasant person and a really damn good guitarist I might add.
Candlelight6 is offline   Reply With Quote