SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Detonation

Detonation Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Old 12-30-2006, 07:13 AM   #1

Thumbs up DETONATION: U.K. Dates Announced 2007

Taken from Blabbermouth

Dutch melodic death/thrashers DETONATION will embark on a nine-date U.K. tour in April/May 2007. Tentative dates are as follows:

Apr 27 2007 tbc (UK)
Apr 28 2007 The Turks, Reading (UK)
Apr 29 2007 The Croft, Bristol (UK)
Apr 30 2007 Finns, Weymouth (UK)
May 1 2007 The Cavern, Exeter (UK)
May 2 2007 Sanctuary Music Venue @ Tom's, Pontypridd (UK)
May 3 2007 The Gasworks, Bradford (UK)
May 4 2007 First Floor Club, Derby (UK)
May 5 2007 Bar Monsta, Camden, London(UK)

DETONATION will enter the studio in January Split Second Sound's Jochem Jacobs (also guitar player for TEXTURES) and Bouke Visser to begin recording its third album, tentatively due in April via Osmose Productions. Artwork will be created by Eliran Kantor. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Emission Phase", "Modulate", "Chokedamp", "Fallout", "Soul Severance" and "Craven Ablaze".

In other news, DETONATION recently shot video footage of the group performing some of its new songs in the band's rehearsal room. Watch it online at this location.

DETONATION's second album, "Portals to Uphobia", was released in the U.S. in October 2005 via The End Records. The CD was issued in Europe through Osmose Productions. The follow up to 2003's "An Epic Defiance" was recorded at Excess studio in Rotterdam, Holland.

#edit: updated the list with shows, these are confimred by now! Koen#

Last edited by Uphobia; 04-10-2007 at 07:43 AM..
Hا is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:54 PM   #2
MadTinus
Detonation Moddereeter

Kewl :)
MadTinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:16 PM   #3
Beardy

Don't think I'll be able to get to any of the ones announed so far :(

Hope one of the TBA gigs ends up being within travelling distance for me...
Beardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:43 PM   #4
Metal Baron

Afraid not, the show on the 28th will be in the south, the one on the 5th somewhere near Derby :(
Metal Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Baron
Afraid not, the show on the 28th will be in the south, the one on the 5th somewhere near Derby :(
That due to the poor turnout at a certain venue before?
Old 01-04-2007, 05:28 AM   #6
Uphobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by
That due to the poor turnout at a certain venue before?
That's one of the reasons ;)
But we also tried to arrange everything to drive as little miles as necessary ..
Uphobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:23 PM   #7
Beardy

To be honest I don't blame you.

I've noticed lots of bands are avoiding Manchester now and after a few recent events there (namely Reverend Bizarre and The Gates Of Slumber being left in the middle of Manchester after a gig without their promised accomodation - and even worse Novembers Doom and Thurisaz being allowed to drive for 10 hours from Belgium only to find a locked venue because the booking agency sold the rights to the show to an English promoter who promptly cancelled it but didn't bother to tell anyone apart from the venue!) then I wouldn't blame any band for staying away unless the Academy venues booked them.

Maybe I'll be able to convince someone to drive to Bradford... *fingers crossed*
Old 01-04-2007, 07:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardy
To be honest I don't blame you.

I've noticed lots of bands are avoiding Manchester now and after a few recent events there (namely Reverend Bizarre and The Gates Of Slumber being left in the middle of Manchester after a gig without their promised accomodation - and even worse Novembers Doom and Thurisaz being allowed to drive for 10 hours from Belgium only to find a locked venue because the booking agency sold the rights to the show to an English promoter who promptly cancelled it but didn't bother to tell anyone apart from the venue!) then I wouldn't blame any band for staying away unless the Academy venues booked them.

Maybe I'll be able to convince someone to drive to Bradford... *fingers crossed*

I've noticed the same lots of bands are avoiding Manchester. I did not know about Reverend Bizarre and The Gates Of Slumber being left without promised accommodation but being a member of Novembers Doom forum i got to hear the tale which is such a shame as it is a struggle to get from Manchester unless you have a car and even if you go it's normally the same Grindcore or death metal bands on if not Victory Record bands tend to get a good deal but for some reason bands out of that scope have great difficulty in getting venues trustworthy bookers etc unless they are on at the Academy which i suppose you can only play on a bigger budget.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #9
Beardy

The thing with Novembers Doom was a real shambles... Matt from The Prophecy described it as "another nail in the coffin" for the U.K. metal scene and I can't really disagree with him there!

Fair play to Novembers Doom they seemed to take everything in their stride and instead of throwing a rock star strop hung about (in the pissing rain!) to let us fans know what had happened (in fact they tried to find another venue that would put the gig on at such short notice!) and came for a drink at the pub over the road with us... they seemed in good cheer but I'm sure they must have been seething!
Old 01-06-2007, 01:33 PM   #10
Metal Baron

Ouch, this stuff sounds really bad. To be honest I haven't been avoiding Manchester on purpose, I'm just dependant on shows we get offered and since the van and fuel are so expensive, we really need to watch those miles :(

Hopefully we'll be able to join a decent european tour which will also do a show in Manchester.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Ouch, this stuff sounds really bad. To be honest I haven't been avoiding Manchester on purpose, I'm just dependant on shows we get offered and since the van and fuel are so expensive, we really need to watch those miles :(

Hopefully we'll be able to join a decent european tour which will also do a show in Manchester.
Yeah supporting Dark Tranquility on there next tour well i can dream
Old 01-07-2007, 05:36 PM   #12
Metal Baron

Yeah, would be great to tour with a good band in our genre this time instead of a death metal tour, but chances are slim I'm afraid :(
Old 01-07-2007, 06:02 PM   #13
Beardy

Quote:
Yeah, would be great to tour with a good band in our genre this time instead of a death metal tour, but chances are slim I'm afraid :(
Is that because Hatesphere get on every bleedin' one of them?

I hope you guys finally get the break you deserve this year. I can't really complain about not seeing you this time around anyway, I have seen you 3 times before now is it? I'm sure our paths will cross again at some point too, best wishes for the tour :)
Old 01-08-2007, 10:35 AM   #14
Metal Baron

Yeah, probably three times, Manchester twice and... Leeds?

The issueis death metal is just really popular nowadays, and the tours are relatively cheap for the turnout you'll get at shows. Our problem being fans of Nile, Gorerotted and Decapitated are usually not really into our kind of music.

Bands in our genre that would be interesting to tour with are just way out of our and Osmose's budget. But who knows, with the proper support and a bit of the the new album might go far, we can only do our best!
Old 01-10-2007, 03:32 PM   #15
Beardy

Twice in Manchester, the other time was when you supported Dimension Zero in London.

There's definitely more death metal tours than melodic death these days that's for sure... Nightrage are going to be touring with Malevolent Creation, Rotten Sound and Incantation later this year and I'm really not sure how they're going to go down with the majority of the crowd that will go to those shows, I mean, I like all 4 bands but there's definitely a lot of people who they're not 'brutal' enough for.

and I was only half joking about Hatesphere because they really do seem to be support at every other gig I go to

Hopefully you can get on the bill with a Dark Tranquillity or a Soilwork soon.. or maybe even Scar Symmetry who seem to have become utterly huge recently despite barely playing any shows...

Anyway, like I said, best of luck for the new album and the tour, I hope you guys get the break you deserve this year because you certainly deserve it :)
Old 01-11-2007, 04:56 AM   #16
Metal Baron

I'm a bit more active this time trying to get on a good tour this time, sitting back and wait until Osmose comes with an offer doesn't really work. Fingers crossed!
Old 01-12-2007, 01:49 PM   #17
Beardy

Quote:
I'm a bit more active this time trying to get on a good tour this time, sitting back and wait until Osmose comes with an offer doesn't really work. Fingers crossed!
It might be worth keeping an eye on what This Ending are doing then, "Inside The Machine" might technically be their debut album but they're going to attract a decent amount of attention due to being the drummer from Amon Amarth's 'other' band - not to mention that in reality they're actually A Canorous Quintet reformed under a different name! Metal Blade seem to be pushing them quite a bit recently - and MB are a lot more active in the UK since Andy Turner went there from Century Media...

www.thisending.com
www.myspace.thisending
Old 01-13-2007, 07:32 PM   #18
Beardy

Cool! I hope to see you on tour with (and blowing away) In Flames or Soilwork soon then :)
Old 03-22-2007, 01:56 PM   #19
Spengler

Excellent, should be able to make the Bradford date.
Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:14 AM   #20
MadTinus
Detonation Moddereeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spengler View Post
Excellent, should be able to make the Bradford date.
There's been some changes in the UK dates, but the Bradford date is still on as listed above, see www.myspace.com/detonationnl for the current status of all dates.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:17 AM   #21
Uphobia

Updated the list with UK shows! check the 1st post!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:42 AM   #22
Uphobia

Flyer for the Derby show 4th of May:

Old 06-20-2007, 09:31 AM   #23

Guess who is on the Dimmu tour?

Yeah HateSphere i must have seen them 10 times now
Old 06-20-2007, 06:54 PM   #24
MadTinus
Detonation Moddereeter

Fuck, yeah, they are on every friggin' tour, it's actually getting tougher to avoid them than to see them... They're a pretty cool band though.