SMNnews Forums  


Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Musician Central

Musician Central music theory and gear discussion


Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
GorePolka
In Crust I Grind
 
GorePolka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Pedro, CA
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 0 GorePolka slam gang member
Any Musicians From Los Angeles?

Anybody? I'm trying to network with some drummers and other people because there is nobody left in the Southbay to jam with, so, what's up?
GorePolka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #2
modern death
Hails
 
modern death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 13,134
Rep Power: 28 modern death beat up jewski
Time Abhors A Paradox

hmm
modern death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:49 PM   #3
GorePolka
In Crust I Grind
 
GorePolka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Pedro, CA
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 0 GorePolka slam gang member
You're probably wondering what that means lol. It's a quote from a game. The antihero is talking about how time is like a stream and if you disrupt it's flow (cause a paradox), one stream becomes two.
GorePolka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:43 PM   #4
SlipkyesBass
ChavezBass
 
SlipkyesBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: A Coruña, Spain
Posts: 1,497
Rep Power: 13 SlipkyesBass slam gang member
tags here are for making jokes and insulting people anonymously, not for using them as real tags
SlipkyesBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:53 PM   #5
sickle
metawraith
 
sickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,772
Rep Power: 15 sickle slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorePolka View Post
You're probably wondering what that means lol. It's a quote from a game. The antihero is talking about how time is like a stream and if you disrupt it's flow (cause a paradox), one stream becomes two.

speaking of time as a conscious entity capable of emotional value judgments rather than simply a function of objective measurement sounds suspiciously religious. not that i'm necessarily offended by that sort of thing - just that it suggests a non-logical influence of reasoning - not that i'm offended by that either - on behalf of the author or on behalf of a conscious and judgmental "time" entity, and therefore is one of those things that might make one start to wonder of the true boundaries - or motives - of such confinement.

sickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #6
SlipkyesBass
ChavezBass
 
SlipkyesBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: A Coruña, Spain
Posts: 1,497
Rep Power: 13 SlipkyesBass slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickle View Post
speaking of time as a conscious entity capable of emotional value judgments rather than simply a function of objective measurement sounds suspiciously religious. not that i'm necessarily offended by that sort of thing - just that it suggests a non-logical influence of reasoning - not that i'm offended by that either - on behalf of the author or on behalf of a conscious and judgmental "time" entity, and therefore is one of those things that might make one start to wonder of the true boundaries - or motives - of such confinement.

uh.... wha...?
SlipkyesBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:48 PM   #7
sickle
metawraith
 
sickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,772
Rep Power: 15 sickle slam gang member
primacy of existence vs. primacy of consciousness. basic ayn rand. her key argument against judeo-christian theology was that existence i.e. physical reality has to exist before any consciousness i.e. all knowing, all creating "God" because a consciousness with nothing to be conscious of is, by its own definition, not a consciousness.

brain wanking hogwash but it is fun to use words

sickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:35 AM   #8
SlipkyesBass
ChavezBass
 
SlipkyesBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: A Coruña, Spain
Posts: 1,497
Rep Power: 13 SlipkyesBass slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickle View Post
primacy of existence vs. primacy of consciousness. basic ayn rand. her key argument against judeo-christian theology was that existence i.e. physical reality has to exist before any consciousness i.e. all knowing, all creating "God" because a consciousness with nothing to be conscious of is, by its own definition, not a consciousness.

brain wanking hogwash but it is fun to use words

I do Kinda get what you mean, makes sense. but this thread must die, this gorepolka guy doesn't seem to be having a good start in the boards at all
SlipkyesBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bass, death, drummer, guitarist, vocals




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SMNnews.com: 2002 -