SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Enthroned

Enthroned Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-05-2006, 02:41 PM   #31
AEBA

hmm

i was reading the nuclear blast and saw a picture from xes haereticum. at this time i just thought: oh there are soooo evöööl :-)

ive searched for the homepage and started downloading some of ur material. i did this some days at diffrent homepages (AEBA, Kult ov Azazel, Mayhem,...) and already thougt BM was just a hard music style... But after a few weeks i noticed that BM was sth bigger!

but i dont listen to BM so much atm.... in the moment i like some EBM or Gothic bands... im listening to many diffrent music styles from raggae to BM, from Party music to Gothic^^

im listening to the music that gives me the things i need at this moment!
AEBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:05 AM   #32
necrayas

I mainly listen to only Black Metal with some death/doom exceptions.
necrayas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 05:07 PM   #33
Morthvargr
Modern Heretic

Before I discovered black metal I had a sequential evolution from the end of high school to the end of college. Just before I got into black metal I was listening to a mixture of C.O.C., Sepultura, Slayer and a tiny bit of Pantera. After that I was listening to a lot of Deicide and Morbid Angel. Then finally when I discovered black metal I bought my first-ever two black metal albums:

Mayhem - "Deathcrush" EP and;
Old Man's Child - "The Pagan Prosperity"

From that point forward, I dove head-first into the black, eternal abyss and by anno 2004, I was fully reborn a Trv Kvlt Black Metalist ever since. And there's been no turning back.
Morthvargr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:57 AM   #34
Adh_infernum
Thorns of hate

My first BM:

Mayhem: De mysteriis dom satanas
Darkthrone: Under a funeral moon

and some local bands like

Rator: Evil Symphony demo
Abhorer: Zygoatical... tape
Bazzah and Impiety
Adh_infernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:58 PM   #35
Moordenaar
Moordenaar

dimmu borgir was my introduction to bm.
i dont listen that anymore.
i dont even call it bm.
gorgoroth was 2nd.
Moordenaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:10 PM   #36
Johnny-Skinless

When i first heard Limp Bizkit
Johnny-Skinless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:30 PM   #37
Surt
brutulord

got to love the Asian sickness...

some fucking cool bands out there in both black and death metal...
Surt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:11 PM   #38
LORD APOLLYON
Black Metal!!!

I get into Black Metal by the "Live In Leipzig" of THE TRUE MAYHEM.
LORD APOLLYON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:38 PM   #39
Morthvargr
Modern Heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD APOLLYON
I get into Black Metal by the "Live In Leipzig" of THE TRUE MAYHEM.
Spiffy! You can't go wrong with 'Live in Leipzig', or Mayhem in general.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:29 PM   #40
Surt
brutulord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nornagest
While fucking mother mary's boundaged ass!
A december winter night, and blood was dripping from the roof!

I knew then that Satan just gave me a sign and I ran to the nearest store to buy the latest album of M.Manson .

I don't think I actually answered the question...

I know I'm still a relative total n00b to black metal, but my first dabbling with the black arts came about basically because.... throughout the time I've been into this kind of music overall, it's pretty much been a journey i've had to make more or less solo finding most bands myself and checking them out personally with recommendations only really making up about 2% of what I'd look up.

Basically looked through those lists that seem to always crop up of "100 Greastest Riffs" or "100 Greatest [whatever] Albums"... Emperor were one of those bands that seemed to get mentioned in just about every single list, so I thought I'd go and check them out.

Picked 'In The Nightside Eclipse' out pretty much solely based on the fact it had the best artwork of the lot (probably around six months before Prometheus to give an idea of timescale), listened to it and it was just too alien for me to comprehend at first. Far more atmosphere than I'd been used to with a number of the bands I'd been listening to.

In the meantime i was getting entranced und enchanted by the marvels of death metal (Morbid Angel, old Napalm Death etc) so kind of got sidetracked into going full-on down that road like a juggernaut. The only real times i ever looked back into BM was to either get another Emperor album or the more 'eclectic' bands like Aborym, Lunaris etc.

Pretty much got to the stage a couple of times where I was just fed up of listening to more or less the exact same style of music - ie bands that sound distinct enough but the overall ethos being pretty much the same - but it's only really now that I've actually pursued black metal wth any real earnest again.
I figured, I've got probably 600+ cds of all different kinds of death metal (old school, blackened, thrashing, Satanic, 'legendary', brutal, slam death...) that I might as well further embrace my musical religion by searching further into that which I'd never really looked at before... largely thanks to having been tempted into the blacker faith by Belphegor first and then Dark Funeral.
The latter along with Gorgoroth just blowing my mind really in that they offered the exact same power and brutality that i'd gotten a kick out of in brutal death metal but it was in a completley different way that kind of warped my mind.
Surt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:51 PM   #41
Morthvargr
Modern Heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Diabolus_
It started of with some Cradle of Filth. I buyed Damnation and a Day (commercial I know ;) ) Then Dimmu Borgir, Death Cult Armageddon. But then I buyed their early albums like the principle of evil, dusk and her embrace, stormblast. Then started to listen at marduk, immortal, impiety, burzum and stuff. Also Black Metal Radio inspired me ^^

BLACK METAL RADIO!!! FUCK YEAH!!! :eplus2:
Old 12-01-2006, 04:58 AM   #42
Mordbrann

I think my first real experience with black metal was with online radio. First bm CD was Century Black summons... FIRESTARTER compilation disc with Satyricon, Mayhem, Samsel, etc.

That makes me wonder... are there any compilation albums with Enthroned on them? I epersonally schew compilations these days but they did introduce me to black metal and some good bands.
Mordbrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:16 AM   #43
DARK USURPER
Usurper of the throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordbrann
That makes me wonder... are there any compilation albums with Enthroned on them? I epersonally schew compilations these days but they did introduce me to black metal and some good bands.
Dont be fooled, there are some amazing comps and promo sampelers out there. Many of them released by very obscure labels/distros. (but..) yeah, thats a damn good question about Enthroned. I cant exactly recall but Im sure they had to have been on something. On the other hand I've never had nor can I recall the label Enthroned is on to have released a widely distributed compilation CD, correct me if Im wrong.
DARK USURPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:18 AM   #44
Nornagest
Holy Moderator

Yeah, there are afew compilation featuring enthroned, but can't recall them all, it was mainly some deals between labels and shit, and we never even got copies ourselves
Nornagest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 08:36 PM   #45
Moloc
Arizoth

My first Bm esperience was Sons of Northern Darkness. But before black metal I was listening to Metallica, Slayer, Iron Maiden, etc. Now I'm only listening to black metal and sometimes Death Metal.
Moloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:33 PM   #46
Xion Darkstar

Many years ago, I was searching for information about the evil one in M.A.S.K., some kind of american animated television series for kids. His name's Miles Mayhem.
Xion Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:40 AM   #47
Nornagest
Holy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Darkstar
Many years ago, I was searching for information about the evil one in M.A.S.K., some kind of american animated television series for kids. His name's Miles Mayhem.

Haha, yeah...I use to know that cartoon...sometimes things happend in weird ways...
Old 02-07-2007, 08:17 AM   #48
J.D.DIAMOND
ENTHRONED=ELITE

Greetings everyone. My name is J.D.Diamond and I'm 36 years old from Seattle Washington,the trendy capital of the United States Of America! I've been into Black Metal since I was 13 years old when I first heard Venom's "At War With Satan" album in 1984! Then,and still of course...I've been into Mercyful Fate... Hellhammer,Celtic Frost,Bathory,Possessed,Onslaught(Power From Hell 1st album only!)Sodom.Kreator,Sarcafago(1st LP).....old Morbid Angel(death metal but back then there was slim to pick!)old Deicide we all bought the day it was released having heard already the Amon demos over here!! Deicide debut kicked ass when we first put that album on!! To bad they suck ass now! Hail Hoffman brothers!! Fuck Benton!!

I've been a fan of black metal ever since.I remember hearing De Mysteriss Dom Sathanas in 1994 for the first time and remembering it was the most darkest album I'd ever heard,still is. I did'nt discover Enthroned until 1996(11 yrs ago)when I bought The Prophocies Of Pagan Fire....the album that blew my nuts almost off! I agree with Sabbathan, being into black metal even over here I've seen more idiocy in black metal fans/bands in the new melenium than there were in the early/mid 1990s. It never used to be about trying to be evil,but to know we were elite,vs. the new black metal kiddies and thier new black metal idiocy trying to be "evil". Even Euronymous and the entire Norwegian black metal scene were about the "music".From what I've read throughout the years,is that Varg Vikerness was the one who "ruined" the entire black metal scene with his childish Nazi-ideology,and refusing to wear corpse paint,ect...

Enthroned is a band that deserves to continue. Xes Haereticum in my opinion is Enthroned's best album ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fucking excellent! I respect Sabbathan's decision to leave the band,and he must if he so desires to after what he is feeling inside,however...Nornagest I am greatful you have decided to continue Enthroned,my favorite black metal band of all time.

Sabbathan: Thank you for over 10 years of dedication to us "true" fans of the un-childish black metal fanbase.

"Hey Nornagest"......................"thank you" for over 10 years of elite true and original black metal that has been sent throughout the world to reach it's fans who deserve Enthroned's eliteness,and musical enlightenment.

Thank you,and I look forwards to hearing the New Enthroned album!

Last edited by J.D.DIAMOND; 02-07-2007 at 08:26 AM..
J.D.DIAMOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:39 AM   #49
J.D.DIAMOND
ENTHRONED=ELITE

To Nornagest: If you read this: When might the new album be ready? And thanks again for your dedication and support of elite black metal fan base.

Last edited by J.D.DIAMOND; 02-07-2007 at 08:44 AM..
Old 02-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #50
Nornagest
Holy Moderator

New album shall come out in the fall of 2007.
No worries, man, Enthroned is our coven!
But once again; Sabathan did not leave from his own!
whatever... thanx!
Old 02-07-2007, 08:12 PM   #51
J.D.DIAMOND
ENTHRONED=ELITE

Awsome,I can't wait to hear the new album. I believe Enthroned deserves to go forwards as you do,and being a fan since 1996,I deserve to hear more Enthroned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've always been into your guitar riffs and solos,much different and much old school compared to the likes of other Black Metal bands. You still have that basement chalk wall beer bottle sound that us Black Metal fans crave,yet with an impressive original sound.

It's almost slim to none with Black Metal fans where I live(Seattle Washington U.S.A.),everybody over here is into "Tunnel Hat".......a phrase my friend came up with for all these baseball hat wearing baggy clothed football jersey rap orienated image bullshit,metal and hip-hop crap....we ignore them to say the least,but thats what people like over here. The METAL scene is very very small. You would NEVER see ANYBODY in Seattle wearing a leather jacket for metal,not unless you went to a black metal concert which there are not any but once every 4 years or so,no one is into Enthroned up here either. It just gives us something to laugh at!

Anyways,keep up the good work Nornagest,and to permanately let you know ...there are true Enthroned fans out here who crave Enthroned's black metal originality,and elite idiology.

EVIL CHURCH!!!!!!!!!!

JD
Old 04-10-2007, 08:20 AM   #52
Foxlee

my 1st BM-albom was "Fuck me, Jesus" Marduk.
Before it I had heard various pseudo-BM (like dimmuborgir:) )
Foxlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:37 AM   #53
jurgen
A.M.S.G.

well,i discovered bm a little differend,hehe.i knew the night when i was sitting in the frontline in gent(drunk!!) and suddenly they played some weird shit (at that time for me).i've listened very intense and i asked it directly what band that was;it was mayhem with the misteriis dom sathanas.A MASTERPIECE!!!and from that evening i began listening to bm i think it was of the summer of '93 ,shortely there after i went to a live show in burcht (or something)and there i hear enthroned for the first time 'along with avatar,fleshless,nyctophobic and legal butchery!and a new metal fan was born!!!DARK greetz
jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:46 PM   #54
BreedingtheSpawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil spell View Post
loooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
there's nothing about belgian sarcasm man!
everyone here can c the sarcastic way it was said !
This is when you can see who's into a band or style or not...
Enthroned exist since 1993, Nornagest already had a black metal band in 1990 ( Heresia), so yeah that's logical that he discovered black metal while going to the next shop to buy the last album of marylin manson....
now a test from my own true or not :

I discovred black metal with Michael Jackson but I didn't like it anymore when he changed style to grey metal, so I looked for something more extreme so I discovred another Black artist ; Bob marley , after a while i thought it was too symphonic for me a bit too slow so I listen to more extreme stuff then like Mystifier and Blasphemy it's pure Black metal because it's metal made by cool bands with satanic image and black guys in it!
ahahaha
Yep I like Mystifier and Blasphemy. I am black so these bands kick ass. The first Black Metal I heard was Dark Funeral.
BreedingtheSpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:27 AM   #55
verderf

I bet my first black metal album was released somewhere around '93 or '94, and it must have been some Immortal album, but that is of no importance...

At that time there were a lot of people who were involved in the new wave of metal music and stuff like shock rock. A lot of big fans of Marilyn Manson were around at that time, such as Nornagest.

It never really stopped; a fews years ago when I was at a concert with him in Ghent. At first I thought he was just agressing a bunch of posers. He threw youngsters out of the venue because they were wearing a shirt of M.M. Thinking about that incident; I bet he kept the M.M. shirt.

(for those who might doubt... I have pictures of him together with his fellow members of the MM-fanclub)

Evil grinn and demonic laughter (while falling of my chair)
verderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:54 PM   #56
adrian5118

I listened to A Succbus In Violent Rapture by the band Dead Elizabeth, I was like holy shit this is fucken EVIL!
adrian5118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #57
houseofdarkshadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
It's almost slim to none with Black Metal fans where I live(Seattle Washington U.S.A.),everybody over here is into "Tunnel Hat".......a phrase my friend came up with for all these baseball hat wearing baggy clothed football jersey rap orienated image bullshit,metal and hip-hop crap....we ignore them to say the least,but thats what people like over here. The METAL scene is very very small. You would NEVER see ANYBODY in Seattle wearing a leather jacket for metal,not unless you went to a black metal concert which there are not any but once every 4 years or so,no one is into Enthroned up here either. It just gives us something to laugh at!
this is a preposterous claim, as there is at least TWO Black Metal shows a month here in Seattle, NOT counting the other great Death metal, Doom, Grind, Crust, and Thrash, etc bands we have here. There are a lot of people into black metal here as well, you have to go to the local shows to meet them, the local shows being the BEST shows, and the most close to that lost METAL nostalgia vibe all of us youngins wish we were alive for.

The leather jacket comment though, is right on, heh. There a lot of great black metal bands in Seattle. Nekro Morphosis, Forest of Grey, Drakul, and from other areas, that still play in seattle; Slutvomit, Sacrament ov Impurity, Ceremonial Castings, Gravenloch (a mixture of all extreme metal technically), Axis of Fear, Irony, and so on.
houseofdarkshadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:48 AM   #58
verderf

One more thing:

Thank you Nergomast, for being a partner in crime while all the absolutly absurd slapstick hitted the fan! And thank your friend Daniel Erikson for me...
verderf is offline   Reply With Quote