SMNnews Forums SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Malignancy

Malignancy Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Old 10-12-2007, 11:37 AM   #1
sickle
metawraith

post sick hospital experiences

i managed to get myself involuntarily committed again earlier this year only this time they refused to even talk to me unless i took meds so after about three days i said fuck it cant remember what they put me on but i was on the phone talking and then all the sudden my toungue started swelling up and pushing itself out and i was choking on my own fucking toungue i started bugging the fuck out and then the staff saw me and had to inject me with muscle relaxers so i wouldnt suffocate it was awesome psychiatrists are awesome
sickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:38 AM   #2
Transient
i wont

i have a story that can trump almost anything but i dont feel like posting it. posterior/anterior spinal fusion of 7 discs
Transient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #3
sickle
metawraith

nice

ive got pics of my adult circumcision butchery experience blood stitches and all hahaha
Old 10-12-2007, 12:00 PM   #4
pooptastik
son of cosmos

eh...mine's tame...asthma attacks...fractured bones....that's about it

post pix of your circumsicion
pooptastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:52 AM   #5
sickle
metawraith

Old 10-13-2007, 01:13 AM   #6
KillYourMother
[<O>]

i feel sorry for you.

craziest one i had was when i got hit by a car when i was 7, i woke up in the hospital with a nurse stiching my head back together and all i could see was blood gushing from my forehead, apart from me crying so much, it was pretty funny.
KillYourMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:30 AM   #7
sickle
metawraith

yeah that shit fucking sucked if i had known how bad it was going to be i dont think i could have gone through with it they did give me a shitload of alkyl nitrite though i had to huff it when my dick got hard so it would knock me down and i wouldnt rip the stiches lol
Old 10-13-2007, 11:35 AM   #8
Transient
i wont

dude why would you want to get cut that bad? and were you born in the states or what?
Old 10-13-2007, 12:38 PM   #9
pooptastik
son of cosmos

dude...how old are you now ?! man....adult circumcision....man...no. if i could back in time...i'd keep my sweater
pooptastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:45 PM   #10
sickle
metawraith

it wasnt a strait up new circumcision i was mutilated at birth they tried to make me eunuch

it was a woman took me to get it fixed she wanted my child
Old 10-13-2007, 09:27 PM   #11
Transient
i wont

Quote:
i found out i needed surgery in july and the surgery was scheduled for september 30th. i had a whole summer to dread what was coming, and there wasnt a fucking night i didnt think about it. a month before the surgery i started all of the extensive pre-op preparations. tediously long stays at the hospital with paper work, etc. i also started banking obscene amounts of blood. i banked 3 (whatever the standard amount is, pint or litre) of blood in four weeks. they dont let you donate more than 1 a month but when youre banking it for a surgery its allowed. the fourth time i went to bank blood and i was too anemic to even give any more blood.

so the day of the surgery finally came. i remember what i listened to in the car ride there, i remember taking some nerve calming pill upon arrival, and thats it until i woke up.

so here is what the surgery is. its medical name is an "anterior/posterior spinal fusion". the surgery had a 1% chance of full paralysis. everyone throws around the "99%" number as an exaggeration of a sure thing. when that 1% means being paralyzed for eternity it seems like a HUGE number. that is what weighed on my mind all through the summer. i believed as long as i didnt wake up paralyzed, i could handle whatever came at me. i was right.

i had three vertebrae right in the middle of my spine that were triangles instead of squares. this was causing the pinching of my spine (just think about blocks stacked on top of each other with door wedges in the middle. it doesnt work.)
its a two part surgery. the first cut is normally under your left arm but due to my spine being scoliotic as well, it was made under the right. about 14 inches from my shoulder blade until just before my right nipple. the first thing they do is break off your largest rib for bone seed. (no i cannot suck myself off, thats a myth). they also made about a 5 inch cut on my left asscheek to get extra bone from my hip for bone seed. after they break the rib off they deflate your lung and then get to work on the spine: they remove the discs which are the gel pads between vertebrae that act as shock absorbers. they removed 7, which is the largest amount they can remove. people who have 1 removed complain, but i had the largest possible surgery in that sense. in place of the gel pads they put the bone seed, which additional bone seed had come from the "bone bank" because my largest rib and hip wasnt enough. they reinflate the lung and seal me back up.

part two of the surgery is a cut from my neck all the way down to my ass. they hung me off of the table at a 90 degree angle while performing this part of the operation. because the gel pads are gone the spine is no longer strong enough to stand on its own. so they put two pieces of titanium 14 inches long on each side of the spine to support it. at this point in the surgery the wake you up and have you wiggle your hands and toes with hopes that if you are paralyzed, it will be easier to fix while youre still open. i had a complication at this point, i have malignant hyperthermia which is an allergic reaction to some anesthetic and pre-disposes me to hypersensitivity to all anesthetic. they couldnt wake me up, i was way too far under. so they had to give me adrenaline which in turn brought me too far awake and almost killed me. when you have a breathing tube fully inserted and you inhale on your own it allows air bubbles to get into the wound which would kill you. im not sure how exactly, but i almost died in that manner

anyways they sealed me up and wheeled me off to ICU. because of my allergic reaction to the anesthetic they went into paranoia mode and allotted me 2 cc of morphine every two hours. any doctor or even patient can tell you thats a laughable amount, and for someone with fourty inches of incision,newly arranged organs (my innards were all pushed around and SHUT DOWN for days) it was not anywhere near enough. i was in total, incomprehensible pain. morphine relieved the pain for 15 minutes, and then for an hour and 45 minutes i was very sober and in more pain than you will ever experience. after three days the moved me to the regular ward where i stayed for an additional 7 days. thats right, 10 days without setting foot outside. the morphine got cut after the move to the regular ward so i was only given percocet once and vicodin from then out. it did VERY little. i wasnt allowed to eat for the three days i was in ICU because my innards were shut down and any eating wouldnt pass through. i was allowed to suck on a sponge which had been wrung out after being dunked in ice water. thats all i had for three days. a sponge the size of two pencil erasers

i was held for longer than i should have been because of some weird shapes in my lungs that showed up on xray. turns out that it was my spine causing the blurryness, but nevertheless they held me. my only joy was stand up comedy (this is when i first discovered mitch hedberg) on comedy central.

GORE
i had three tubes draining the wounds and my lung. on the tenth day they took the tubes out. the first two werent so bad, but the tube draining my lung was literally the largest tube that they make. it was the width of a quarter and when they removed it i had to hold my breath while they put an air tight bandage on. after they pulled it out all of this sick blood and liquid just came rushing out all over my side. that happened with each tube, actually.

so, after the horror and incomprehensible agony i was stuck with the rehabilitaion process. i stayed home from school for six weeks and had a tutor come about 2 weeks in. i can remember very distinctly this time because i was pretty bored and just in miserable pain the whole time. some new tony hawk game had come out and i played that a lot. i was also ordering a lot of cds from the end records at that time, i can distinctly remember getting obituary- cause of death, malevolent creation - the will to kill and death - spiritual healing one day. music kept me alive during that time

i wasnt allowed to bend or twist for sixth months. i challenge you all to go a whole day without bending or twisting. sixth months was an obscenely long time to have no mobility like that. after sixth months i started physical therapy focusing on my lower back which had almost no muscle. the muscle that it DID have took a huuuuge offense at being used, and i was bedridden with muscle spasms for a few days after my first physical therapy. muscle relaxers hardly helped.

so, after time, the pain from the operation started to go away. the real downer of this story is that i am left with back pain and i will always have it. tylenol doesnt do anything for it, ibuprofen doesnt do anything for it ,vicodin doesnt even hide the pain. i never know a day without pain. i can play guitar on a good day for 20 minutes until pain sets in that is so distracting that i cant play anymore. on a bad day, i can get 3-5 minutes in. yes i have played past that point but its not fun. so any ability i have on the guitar ive crammed into short little sessions or long painful ones. appreciate your ability to practice and play all day long if you want, because not everyone has that ability. i have pain all day long and it restricts my life in any way possible. you have to accept what youre given and i have, which is why i never talk about it, especially with anyone around me. ask anyone i know in real life and they will agree, i only complain about back pain at concerts and other than that they dont hear anything.

*bow*
Old 10-14-2007, 07:28 AM   #12
sickle
metawraith

wow
Old 10-14-2007, 10:23 AM   #13
foreign10

foreign10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:32 AM   #14
Transient