SMNnews Forums SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Impaled
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Impaled Website

Old 09-12-2006, 11:46 PM   #1
frezericks

frezericks slam gang member
the dead shall dead remain

i got this album a few months ago and i didn't listen to it much due to the fact that i'm a wimpy little bitch.

now i'm listening to it constantly and i love it. but i put death after life in after it and i'm scared that impaled is slowing it down a little. as we all know this happens to most metal bands, best example is metallica, and though the songs may be musically more sophisticated (i'm so gay) they lack the bite that earlier works may present.

so my plee is this, please, oh please, do not become an ozzfest band, and don't forget to make some brutal shit fast songs like the stuff on dead shall dead remain. because it fucking rocks, and i swear to god, if you ever play with the fucking london philharmonic crapistra, i will kill you.

also, i really need to get choice cuts and another copy of medical waste (i gave my other one away, but all for the good of spreading the wealth) so any suggestions on where i could obtain these beautiful works of musical awesomeness!?!
frezericks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:48 AM   #2
CHUD LIFE FOREVER!

CHUD LIFE FOREVER! slam gang member
I can't see that shit ever happending to them.
CHUD LIFE FOREVER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:19 PM   #3
Scream Bloody Gore
Sexy Beast

Scream Bloody Gore slam gang member
dude its fucking IMPALED. You don't need to worry about anything. Impaled will always be Impaled.
Scream Bloody Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:06 AM   #4
frezericks

frezericks slam gang member
i know i know i know. i'm not worried at all really, it was more of like a request for some more grindlike shit in the future. i jumped ahead with that post. don't worry, my faith in impaled is never shaken, ever.

also, i just listened to those two ghoul albums, maniaxe and splatterthrash, and though they are very good, they are not at the caliber that impaled has reached. and though i enjoy the whole concept band thing, it just reminds me too much of kiss, and that's never a good thing. impaled is still more metal.

i'm listening to "preservation of death" and the "a cabinet of curiosities" solo by jason just played. man that solo makes me fucking vomit into my own ass.

also, just as a little side note, me and my friends have coined the sexual term "everlasting gobstopper". which is when some chick is deep throating you, and then you pound her jaw up so she bites off your dick and then you duck tape her face shut so she chokes on your bloody cock. extra points for if it kills her in under a minute.
frezericks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:48 AM   #5
Granny Monster
Fat and Sassy

Granny Monster slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by frezericks
also, just as a little side note, me and my friends have coined the sexual term "everlasting gobstopper". which is when some chick is deep throating you, and then you pound her jaw up so she bites off your dick and then you duck tape her face shut so she chokes on your bloody cock. extra points for if it kills her in under a minute.
Where the fuck did that come from?!
Granny Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:19 PM   #6
Scream Bloody Gore
Sexy Beast

Quote:
So you end up penis-less? :hangedneg
Old 09-20-2006, 09:14 PM   #7
JasonKocol

JasonKocol slam gang member
Quote:
i got this album a few months ago and i didn't listen to it much due to the fact that i'm a wimpy little bitch.

now i'm listening to it constantly and i love it. but i put death after life in after it and i'm scared that impaled is slowing it down a little. as we all know this happens to most metal bands, best example is metallica, and though the songs may be musically more sophisticated (i'm so gay) they lack the bite that earlier works may present.

so my plee is this, please, oh please, do not become an ozzfest band, and don't forget to make some brutal shit fast songs like the stuff on dead shall dead remain. because it fucking rocks, and i swear to god, if you ever play with the fucking london philharmonic crapistra, i will kill you.

also, i really need to get choice cuts and another copy of medical waste (i gave my other one away, but all for the good of spreading the wealth) so any suggestions on where i could obtain these beautiful works of musical awesomeness!?!
I don't think we're slowing down, whatever that means. I think that for both of the albums that you're comparing, each one has its fair share of fast blasting and mid-tempo rocking. If everything is fast all the time I find it totally boring -- all tension and no release. I dislike listening to music like that and surely dislike playing it, too.

Needless to say the material we're working on now for the next album comprises shorter songs that essentially trim the fat and filler. Previous average length: 4'30"; new average: 3'30". Sometimes it means faster songs, sometimes it means faster transitions between riffs. You'll just have to wait until it comes out to hear for yourself.

I'd have no problem playing with the London Phil or any other orchestra (mainly because I enjoy listening to and composing orchestral music) just as long as I write the parts for them, complimenting our music rather than detracting from it. Although, aside from the string section (violin, viola & cello) used in various spots of Death After Life, a symphony orchestra just wouldn't work with the kind of music we make. So you're in luck there.

And you'll probably have a tough time locating copies Choice Cuts or Medical Waste, since we have a tough time ourselves. My advice is to download mp3s using your favorite file sharing utilty.

Last edited by JasonKocol; 09-20-2006 at 09:16 PM.
JasonKocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:14 PM   #8
Scream Bloody Gore
Sexy Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonKocol
You'll just have to wait until it comes out to hear for yourself.
agh! The teasing is killing me! I need to hear some new Impaled already!
Old 09-25-2006, 12:28 PM   #9
sewage666

sewage666 slam gang member
one must be reminded... The Dead Shall Dead Remain is not a grind album. It's just kind of out of tune and played bad. Good fun, though...

I wouldn't worry about us putting out "Wolverine Blues" but there's no way we can just keep doing the same songs, either.

CM America has the European version of Medical Waste for sale, and I believe it has the Choice Cuts EP as bonus tracks (instead of the Operating Theatre video). Hope that helps.
sewage666 is offline   Reply With Quote