Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Labels & Distro Outlets > Grindethic Records
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Grindethic Records Website

Old 10-03-2007, 04:48 PM   #31
Excrementor

Excrementor slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
i swear some songs have so many break downs i might aswel call the AA.
Mate, I think that's the quote of the year for me! You're right as well, there's only so many ways you can go:
CHUG-CHUG-CHUGA*CHINA*-CHUG
Excrementor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:36 AM   #32
The Baron
Well Endowed

The Baron slam gang member
tis true indeed.
The Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:37 AM   #33
Excrementor

You should have a PM by the way!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:46 PM   #34
The Baron
Well Endowed

i sure received that pm.....it hurt bad
Old 10-08-2007, 08:23 AM   #35
Excrementor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disembodiment View Post
What about some new Invocate stuff!?
EDIT: Invocate is no more.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:22 AM   #36
Disembodiment

Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Northern Hemisphere, Earth
Disembodiment slam gang member
RIP

On the plus side everyone should check out this sick band from Israel I just came across http://www.myspace.com/visceratrail

Last edited by Disembodiment; 10-08-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Disembodiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:12 PM   #37
Excrementor

That's really weird! Just as me and Ollie decided to break up Invocate this morning, he showed me Viscera Trail!

We're gonna do a new project by the way, but Dave from Cruciamentum will also be on guitar and we won't have Ulf in the band.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:13 PM   #38
Cognitive Defeat
Blackened Bluesgaze

Cognitive Defeat beat up jewskiCognitive Defeat beat up jewski
Someone sent me Viscera Trail's album a while ago, I always tohught they were American. Pretty cool stuff.
Cognitive Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:50 PM   #39
Excrementor

They remind me of the mexican Disgorge. It's fairly cool stuff, but nothing I've not heard before.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:10 AM   #40
Tom Grindethic
www.grindethic.co.uk

Tom Grindethic slam gang member
Courtesy of www.metalteamuk.net -

PROPHECY, ROTTENNESS & CARNAL DECAY

LONDON PURPLE TURTLE 24/09/07

Another Death/Grind night at the Turtle from Grindethic, and I for one am not complaining. These gigs always unearth some demonic performances, and passionate, lively bands. Tonight was no exception.

After a rather delayed start due to the touring bands going to Croydon rather than Camden (poor sods!! They wouldn’t have stayed there long!!!), the bands hit their stride with Polish band Hyperion getting events under way!!

This three piece; minus any semblance of a drummer, competently played through their five song set. These guys were never going to be everyone’s cup of tea, with their mixture of the drum machine and occasional Industrial sounding influences. However, amongst the brutality and the blast-beat drum sound, riffs that are quite catchy are interspersed within the songs which get a few nods of approval – one track in particular reminding me of Retribution era Malevolent Creation. In all honesty with you, the music that this band play grew on me the further into the set that they went and at times they hit some nice moments. Hyperion wrapped things up with an out and out vicious assault that was just basically full on aggression (nout wrong with that). A good way to end, but I feel that Hyperion could inject a little more passion on stage and a bit more presence, as some of tonight’s work fell a little flat; the punters really needing a bit of a kick in the pills after the long wait.

Next up were Britains’ own Corpsing. Labelled it seems as a mixture of all that is good in extreme metal brought together (or death with tinges of doom and thrash), I was interested to see how the Corpse would go down (nothing wrong intended………)

The band performed well on the night, especially the energy and passion shown by bassist/vocalist “The Wizard” who is providing all the energy up on stage (an impressive performance from the man!) On cd, the different layers and influences that have made “The Stench of Humanity” such an interesting listen work against the band slightly, with some of the songs lacking a focal point to keep the audience interested. There are definitely highlights though. The song “Flatliner” chugs along nicely and gets heads banging, and the final song “Born to the Faith” is a hard-hitting short length song which has a nice pounding riff that strikes like a sledgehammer about a third of the way in. Corpsing are certainly a band with promise, and with a slightly more favourable sound and a longer set, they will do well in the future.

Right now, I’ve got to keep this next review fairly short, but I’m going to have to wax lyrical about Carnal Decay. I haven’t seen a more powerful, professional and impressive performance here since Spanish boys Avulsed wrecked the place a while back. The opening notes to “Shotgun Facelift” strike you like a barrage of lead ball-bearings to the mandibles and everyone in the small venue knows that this band mean business. Besides the prowess with which the music is delivered, the personality, energy and experience that the band provide is top drawer. “Chopping Off the Head” is another highlight among highlights and the music is both technical when it needs to be, and brutal throughout. The tightness with which this band play and the sheer ferocity of the assault caused a few people to rise from their slumber and dish out some well needed punishment on the floor. About time too!!

Tonight was an A grade performance from a easily likeable band that I would queue up to see over, and over again. Carnal Decay finish off as they have started – brutally effective, with the likes of “Predatory Instinct” deservedly causing some of the fans to kick things off to an even greater extent in the mosh pit. The night was warming up!!!

After chatting to a few fans tonight, it seems that the main clamour is for the Mexican boys Rottenness. And there’s no surprise why. I had heard that the trio were good live and boy! Do they prove it! The vocals are belted out from the start in a rabidly monstrous manner, supported by rock solid riffing and awesome drumming underpinning the work up front. All through the impressive set, there is no let up, only briefly to order some tequila from the bar (did he order 8??? That would be me in trouble!) before returning to rip through song titles that I could barely decipher – such as the new “Hey dude! I found a fucking hospital” and “Grotesque Anal (something)!!……….”.

But Rottenness are more than just the music tonight, which in itself, is tight, brutal and heavy, heavy stuff. They exude personality and the get the crowd eating from their hands from the off.

Throughout the set tonight, the music meanders from fast to mid pace chugs with one of the more ferocious front-man performances I have seen this year. A lot of bands could take notes about live performance from these guys. A testosterone crazed joyous set!!

Finally. On Come Prophecy. At a risk of doing these guys a disservice, I’m going to apologise now and admit that due to the show over-running, I had to leg it for the last tube home after only three tracks!! BUT…….

From the brief set that was viewed tonight, Prophecy carried on from where Carnal Decay and Rottenness left off. Accomplished, professional, dynamic, and tighter than a gnat’s privates; the music arranged to allow them to brutalize the audience with even more chugging riffs. As I said, it’s a pity I couldn’t see more of Prophecy, but they looked like they have things down to a tee!!!

Overall, tonight was well worth the journey. I hope Grindethic and the boys can arrange more of these nights at the Turtle!!! I’m sure they will!! All in all, good stuff!!

Weblinks: www.myspace.com/corpsing www.myspace.com/carnaldecay www.hyperion@mp3.pw.pl www.myspace.com/mechanicalrebellion www.myspace.com/rottenness666 www.myspace.com/prophecysdomain www.grindethic.co.uk

Andy Duke
Tom Grindethic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:22 PM   #41
The Baron
Well Endowed

nice.