SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Labels & Distro Outlets > Grindethic Records
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Grindethic Records Website

Old 08-19-2007, 11:46 AM   #31
Surt
brutulord

Surt slam gang member
annoying? he's normally the one that does it!
Surt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:41 PM   #32
Excrementor

Excrementor slam gang member
I don't really mind, in a way, it means I can spread the word more for when people come back to look for news on Cephalotripsy, I can do a Mel B-esque "LISTEN TO MY BAND!!!"
Excrementor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:01 PM   #33
Brutalist
Bastard

Brutalist slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_odium_incarnate View Post
I agree with the whole over-saturated thing and I don't really have much time for bands such as Abominable Putridity and Guttural Engorgement but I just get something out of Cephalotripsy's music which I don't with any other band.

Guttural Engorgement and Abominable Putridity are good examples of modern slam in my opinion. I think they're hyped up a bit too much by MySpace scenester cunts, which may reduce their appeal to a more discernining death metal crowd, but that's not their fault and I judge them on the music alone.

Waking The Cadaver = Wigger Slam.
The Partisian Turbine = Similar hardcoresque cuntism

There's definitely a "fad" slam thing going on, but like I said, sort the wheat from the chaff. I'm not going to let some beatdown wielding chimp dictate what slam bands are cool and which aren't, whether said chimp likes them or not.

I like metal, and it's pretty obvious to me which of these bands are metal and which are just band-wagon hopping flash-in-the-pan fucks.
Brutalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:45 PM   #34
Excrementor

Well said! A lot of this stuff, like Guttural Engorement just doesn't bother me, but when it comes to stuff like Waking the Cadaver, I've a pretty vehement hatred of them. It's the difference between death metal mongs who listen to anything with a blast and slam in it (GE), and the hordes of scene kids who only listen to a band cos they look right (WTC). You can bet that if WTC had long hair and wore proper trousers and DM shirts, they wouldn't have even half the fans they do... after all, they're mediocre at their best.
I agree with Tom also on the new slam trend. It seemed to emerge when Devourment reformed, and since then has continued to get bigger and more annoying. I have total respect and love for Devourment, but I do miss the days when they were a more cult following. I remember a time when I had the only Devourment shirt at a gig, now I go to a DM gig and there's a sea of the bastards.

On the subject of taking over threads, I'm pretty happy now, as it's becoming as elitist as Cruciamentum should be! Haha!

Last edited by Excrementor; 08-19-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:59 PM   #35
Surt
brutulord

Surt slam gang member
i'm surprised no-one's mentioned Annotations Of An Autopsy yet.
Surt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:08 PM   #36
Cognitive Defeat
Blackened Bluesgaze

Cognitive Defeat beat up jewskiCognitive Defeat beat up jewski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surt View Post
i'm surprised no-one's mentioned Annotations Of An Autopsy yet.
That band don't really slam anyway, they just play unoriginal, boring, disposable deathcore shit... god I hate that band!
Cognitive Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:14 PM   #37
Cognitive Defeat
Blackened Bluesgaze

Cognitive Defeat beat up jewskiCognitive Defeat beat up jewski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutalist View Post
Guttural Engorgement and Abominable Putridity are good examples of modern slam in my opinion. I think they're hyped up a bit too much by MySpace scenester cunts, which may reduce their appeal to a more discernining death metal crowd, but that's not their fault and I judge them on the music alone.

Waking The Cadaver = Wigger Slam.
The Partisian Turbine = Similar hardcoresque cuntism

There's definitely a "fad" slam thing going on, but like I said, sort the wheat from the chaff. I'm not going to let some beatdown wielding chimp dictate what slam bands are cool and which aren't, whether said chimp likes them or not.

I like metal, and it's pretty obvious to me which of these bands are metal and which are just band-wagon hopping flash-in-the-pan fucks.
I totally agree, I just don't find anything interesting in GE or AP (although I can enjoy AP sometimes.) I don't question their "metalness" in any way though.

I do wish some bands would stop copying Devourment and copy Disgorge instead hehe. I often think Disgorge are too brutal for most of these slam "kids".
Cognitive Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:02 PM   #38
Brutalist
Bastard

Brutalist slam gang member
I like this thread.
Brutalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:06 AM   #39
Excrementor

Course Disgorge are too brutal for the slam kids (apart from Condemned) to copy. They're also too good at their instruments. I'm glad nobody really mercilessly rips them off though, I love Disgorge, but a load of clones would be really tedious.