SMNnews Forums SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Impaled
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Impaled Website

Old 02-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
JasonKocol

JasonKocol slam gang member
Impaled show tonight in San Francisco - All ages!

JasonKocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:55 PM   #2
Enemy242

Enemy242 slam gang member
my friend went to that and said it was good, however he also said that you guys are still playing the old songs in D. are you guys going to play the old material in D forever or just for a while and change guitars or something? i understand that you probably don't have a lot of time to change guitars but to me at least the songs seem a bit odd going from being in B to being in D.
Enemy242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:22 AM   #3
JasonKocol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemy242 View Post
my friend went to that and said it was good, however he also said that you guys are still playing the old songs in D. are you guys going to play the old material in D forever or just for a while and change guitars or something? i understand that you probably don't have a lot of time to change guitars but to me at least the songs seem a bit odd going from being in B to being in D.
No, we're never going to use B tuning again, old songs or new. The problem is that tuning is just too low for our music for live shows, making some of the riffs and all of the more intricate parts difficult to hear. We've been in D tuning for everything for about 2 years now, so the old songs should have had plenty of time to adjust.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:55 AM   #4
Enemy242

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonKocol View Post
No, we're never going to use B tuning again, old songs or new. The problem is that tuning is just too low for our music for live shows, making some of the riffs and all of the more intricate parts difficult to hear. We've been in D tuning for everything for about 2 years now, so the old songs should have had plenty of time to adjust.
really? i saw you guys in july 2006 at the pound with origin and i swear you were still in b. oh well, its been a long time so i might be remembering wrong, thanks for answering.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:34 PM   #5
JasonKocol

Quote:
really? i saw you guys in july 2006 at the pound with origin and i swear you were still in b. oh well, its been a long time so i might be remembering wrong, thanks for answering.
That was actually our first show in D tuning, and we'd be practicing for a few months that way before the show.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:44 PM   #6
sewage666

sewage666 slam gang member
Quote:
That was actually the "test" show. We wanted to see if anyone said anything, and YOU didn't! It's all your fault! Now we're forever stuck in D tuning! Moo hahahahah!

It actually all goes back to a time when Leon was still in the band, and Sean's guitar got left behind before a show. We had to borrow guitars from Slough Feg that were tuned to E-minor, and according to everyone there, it was a our tightest show ever. We played just as shitty, but people could finally hear our shitty, shitty notes.
sewage666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:05 PM   #7
Enemy242

oh, weird, at the gilman show recently i noticed it a lot more, maybe the sound was just different there than at the pound.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:18 AM   #8
G.O.R.ECorpsE

G.O.R.ECorpsE slam gang member
Ross, you kick ass.
G.O.R.ECorpsE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:06 AM   #9
JasonKocol

Too long; didn't read. How was it?
Old 07-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #10
Johnny Helvete

Johnny Helvete slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewage666 View Post
That was actually the "test" show. We wanted to see if anyone said anything, and YOU didn't! It's all your fault! Now we're forever stuck in D tuning! Moo hahahahah!

It actually all goes back to a time when Leon was still in the band, and Sean's guitar got left behind before a show. We had to borrow guitars from Slough Feg that were tuned to E-minor, and according to everyone there, it was a our tightest show ever. We played just as shitty, but people could finally hear our shitty, shitty notes.
I remember hearing it a bit slower than what I'm used to, but I knew something was off. Then again, stage is different than being in the crowd.
Johnny Helvete is offline   Reply With Quote