Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Green Carnation

Green Carnation Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
nickc

Most anticipated upcoming release

Well, come on, spit it out!

Mine's undoubtedly Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet.

The first review's in: http://www.porcupinetree.com/images/CR04072007.pdf

Great to see that Classic Rock said, after seeing PT's show in London last September, that they'd "metamorphosed from musicians into stars", as that's exactly what I felt too. The whole show was incredible and all their new material sounded MASSIVE.

The best thing of all? A truly progressive band had The Astoria absolutely jam-packed - at their previous show there in April 05 (a day or so after Deadwing's release) there was a respectable crowd, but still just about enough room to swing a cat.

They won't be playing small(ish) venues anymore...

Second-most-anticipated is the new Akercocke record. Hell of a band.

Last edited by nickc; 03-05-2007 at 05:05 PM..
nickc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:04 PM   #2
Mariska

For me it's Epica's upcoming cd. Since I work for the band and the guitarist is my best friend, I've had the chance to listen to some bits and pieces of pre-recordings and recordings. I can't wait till the whole thing is complete with choirs and orchestrations and all.What I've heard so far is very promising.
Mariska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:57 AM   #3
Soundjunkie

Nine Inch Nails new album Year Zero. the whole ARG that is happening around it is just amazing.
Soundjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:36 AM   #4
Hobo
bum

Currently it´s the July single from Katatonia.
And Pain´s new album (I listen to a lot of different music..)
Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:25 PM   #5
Eliane

I'm looking forward for these albums:
Porcupine Tree-Fear of....
Dark Tranquillity-Fiction
Pain-Psalms of Extinction
Lake of Tears-Moons and Mushrooms
W.A.S.P.-Dominator
Detonation-Emission Phase
Evergrey-?
Green Carnation-??????
Eliane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:14 AM   #6
MadTinus
Detonation Moddereeter

For me Porcupine Tree for damn sure!

And for the rest Dimmu Borgir and I'm pretty curious about the new Metallica, although that will probably not see the light of day this year..
MadTinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:31 AM   #7
Treesinger

Vintersorg - Solens Rötter
Kaddisfly - Set Sail the Prairie
Tori Amos - American Doll Posse
Treesinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:36 AM   #8
Blndsk4

What are Green Carnation's plans? Is the new album gonna be released this year?
Blndsk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:43 PM   #9
NiF

Elend - A World in Their Screams
Antimatter - Leaving Eden
Transit - Decent Man on a Desperate Moon

Green Carnation - ???
Arcturus - ???
The Vision Bleak - ???

2007 may well be an exciting year.
NiF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:13 AM   #10
nickc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiF View Post
Elend - A World in Their Screams
Antimatter - Leaving Eden
Transit - Decent Man on a Desperate Moon

Green Carnation - ???
Arcturus - ???
The Vision Bleak - ???

2007 may well be an exciting year.
Arcturus is releasing a new album? That's great news...

They played a show here just after releasing Sideshow Symphonies, and I didn't go 'cos I hadn't yet heard the album and thought it wouldn't be good without Garm. Little did I know that the vocalist was the same guy who did The Chaos Path, my favourite Arcturus song!!

He sounds so deranged on record. A review I read called it "delectable insanity", which was a great description.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:42 PM   #11
NiF

Well, supposedly they're sort of recording these days. There isn't a release date or anything but I've gotten the feeling that there's going to be a new album in this year or the next. Let's hope so, eh? =)

I'm sorry you didn't go! I think they played here in Denmark once but unfortunately I didn't know them back them. After watching their DVD release over and over again, I'd absolutely love to see them play.

About the vocalist change: yes, it's great that they got Simen since he contributed on a few songs on Masquerade (namely The Chaos Path, of course). I think he fits very well with the band - Sideshow Symphonies certainly proved that. I won't say I prefer him to Garm, though. Simen can't sing "Garm's songs" as well as ... Garm did. ^^'

The Chaos Path is brilliant. That whole album is - by far my favourite Arcturus release. The whole "mad circus" atmosphere and all.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:11 PM   #12
nickc

Symphony X - Paradise Lost

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They HAVE to do a UK tour, I'll follow them to a few cities so I can see them more than once. Only seen them once before, when they supported Stratovarius (argh, I hate them) in 2002.

To those in Sao Paulo, you're lucky, they've already confirmed a show!

16 June, Sao Paulo at Via Funchal
Old 03-28-2007, 09:35 AM   #13
MadTinus
Detonation Moddereeter

Quote:
Well, supposedly they're sort of recording these days. There isn't a release date or anything but I've gotten the feeling that there's going to be a new album in this year or the next. Let's hope so, eh? =)

I'm sorry you didn't go! I think they played here in Denmark once but unfortunately I didn't know them back them. After watching their DVD release over and over again, I'd absolutely love to see them play.

About the vocalist change: yes, it's great that they got Simen since he contributed on a few songs on Masquerade (namely The Chaos Path, of course). I think he fits very well with the band - Sideshow Symphonies certainly proved that. I won't say I prefer him to Garm, though. Simen can't sing "Garm's songs" as well as ... Garm did. ^^'

The Chaos Path is brilliant. That whole album is - by far my favourite Arcturus release. The whole "mad circus" atmosphere and all.
La Masquerade.. is my least favourite actually (or maybe the last one), I like the first album and "Sham Mirrors" by far the most.

I think Simen fits well as a guest vocalist (also in the case of Dimmu Borgir), but hearing him as a lead singer for an entire album is a bit too much i.m.o. I prefer Garm.
MadTinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:04 AM   #14
nickc

Quote:
You're right, actually. I got the Arcturus DVD the other day and have watched a few songs so far. Simen really struggles to sing the ending of "Alone" and pulls a face at the end, seemingly to show his displeasure at his performance.

Doesn't matter to me, though, 'cos I never liked Alone anyway!

Last edited by nickc; 03-28-2007 at 04:13 PM..
Old 03-28-2007, 11:45 AM   #15
Eliane

Yeah,Symphony X is coming to São Paulo.Unfortunatelly, I don't like them.:).
They are in Hellion Records cast.I can't stand Michael Romeo( sometimes he reminds me Yngwie M.arghhh).But,I love Russel Allen.He has a beautiful voice.I got Atomic Soul and The Battle albums.They're have a plenty of fans over here,in fact,the same audience of Blind Guardian.At least,about 6.000 fans saw BG perfomance at Via Funchal.
Btw guys,Arcturus is an amzing band,doesn
Old 03-28-2007, 12:48 PM   #16
NOCTIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliane View Post
They are in Hellion Records cast.I can't stand Michael Romeo( sometimes he reminds me Yngwie M.arghhh).But,I love Russel Allen.He has a beautiful voice.I got Atomic Soul and The Battle albums.They're have a plenty of fans over here,in fact,the same audience of Blind Guardian.At least,about 6.000 fans saw BG perfomance at Via Funchal.
When will Symphony X play here, Eliane?!?! I think my bf will be have a heart attack, hahah!!!
NOCTIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:12 PM   #17
nickc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOCTIS View Post
When will Symphony X play here, Eliane?!?! I think my bf will be have a heart attack, hahah!!!
16 June at Via Funchal.

You're very lucky...
Old 03-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #18
nickc

Quote:
I love how all of you in Brazil are so into metal (and just interesting, unconventional music)... it's fantastic. The audience over here is miniscule in comparison, although it's been growing reasonably steadily in the last few years and bands like Sigur Ros and Muse, for instance, can sell-out venues that hold many thousands of people.

Blind Guardian, however, played at The Electric Ballroom the last time they were here, which is maybe 800 people. Of course, we get many bands touring, so that's a big factor - people are more picky about who they see.

You're right, Michael Romeo does look like Yngwie, but his playing and writing are so much more soulful! I would describe Yngwie's playing as mechanical, whereas Michael has all the technical prowess but also expresses himself...
Old 04-14-2007, 08:44 AM   #19
Treesinger

Quote:
The Vision Bleak - ???
A new The Vision Bleak album this year? That's great news! Other albums i'm looking forward to are the new The Dear Hunter and the new Winds albums.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:53 PM   #20
NiF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesinger View Post
A new The Vision Bleak album this year? That's great news! Other albums i'm looking forward to are the new The Dear Hunter and the new Winds albums.
Indeed:
"THE VISION BLEAK are very busy pre-producing their third, as-yet-untitled album. According to the band, the follow-up to "Carpathia" is going to be "more guitar-based, harder, but also more dramatic and melodic", promising their most sinister work to date. In early February, THE VISION BLEAK will enter Klangschmiede Studio E for the fine-tuning of the recordings and the mix for an indefinite period of time."

They haven't stated when it'll come out exactly, but since they were "fine-tuning" in February, it shouldn't be unreasonable to expect a release date in 2007 =)
Old 04-15-2007, 08:12 AM   #21
Treesinger

Quote:
They haven't stated when it'll come out exactly, but since they were "fine-tuning" in February, it shouldn't be unreasonable to expect a release date in 2007 =)
I guess/hope they will release it in the fall of 2007. The intro played in the myspace video sounds very promising.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:17 PM   #22
Candlelight6

The new Winds and Wintersun releases, I can't wait to hear.

New GC of course. Does it seem like the follow-up to LoD/DoD was abandoned? I thought Tchort was done writing the song if I remember correctly from another forum subject sometime ago.

Uhmmm, how about Chinese Democracy? I was a big GnR fan (and I'm sure everyone here was at one point) many moons ago. I'm quite interested to hear the ew Axl Rose band's release.
Candlelight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:39 AM   #23
Eliane

Nigthingale-White Darkness
Paradise Lost-In Requiem
Katatonia-Live Consternation-DVD
Samael-Solar Souls
Anathema-Everything
Old 04-16-2007, 10:50 AM   #24
nickc

Quote:
Anathema-Everything
The song, presumably? Unless they've now announced the release of a new album with the same name? Hopefully you made a donation, if it was the song! ;)

They're using the proceeds of the donations from that song to record the new album, so that's kinda cool.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:53 AM   #25
nickc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickc View Post
The song, presumably? Unless they've now announced the release of a new album with the same name?
Bloody hell, they have! I'd forgotten what was written in the diary section of the site.

Where/how did you order it?
Old 04-16-2007, 10:55 AM   #26
Eliane

Quote:
The song, presumably? Unless they've now announced the release of a new album with the same name? Hopefully you made a donation, if it was the song! ;)

They're using the proceeds of the donations from that song to record the new album, so that's kinda cool.
I pre-ordered their album from Bertus and on Bertus catalogue the album's name is Everthing...
Old 04-16-2007, 10:59 AM   #27
nickc

Quote:
I pre-ordered their album from Bertus and on Bertus catalogue the album's name is Everthing...
Sorry, I thought this was the "Just bought" thread, when it's actually "Most anticipated".

Interesting though that Bertus is taking pre-orders on the album... it could be that some good news is about to be posted on the Anathema site.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:59 AM   #28
Eliane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candlelight6 View Post
The new Winds and Wintersun releases, I can't wait to hear.

New GC of course. Does it seem like the follow-up to LoD/DoD was abandoned? I thought Tchort was done writing the song if I remember correctly from another forum subject sometime ago.

Uhmmm, how about Chinese Democracy? I was a big GnR fan (and I'm sure everyone here was at one point) many moons ago. I'm quite interested to hear the ew Axl Rose band's release.
Hahaha...Finally I found another fan of Winds.Over here,including me there are only five people that a I know who likes Winds.A really good band,indeed.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:04 AM   #29
Eliane

Quote:
Sorry, I thought this was the "Just bought" thread, when it's actually "Most anticipated".

Interesting though that Bertus is taking pre-orders on the album... it could be that some good news is about to be posted on the Anathema site.
yeahh...but instead Bertus put the release date,they put TBA.So,I just anticipated my request.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:28 PM   #30
Candlelight6

Quote:
Hahaha...Finally I found another fan of Winds.Over here,including me there are only five people that a I know who likes Winds.A really good band,indeed.
Hehe, I actually found out about them just over a year ago when Stein Roger gave me their "Imaginary Direction of Time" album. I've been infatuated since and got the other two albums (EP and reflections). I recently got two AGE OF SILENCE releases (I just got it from an E-bay Store). I've yet to listen to them yet.

I know of probably 3 people who are into them. Sadly, too many have heard of Dimmu Borgir/Mayhem/Emperor yet not too many have heard of Green Carnation/Winds.
Candlelight6 is offline   Reply With Quote